Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really expected a longer bottom out phase. Maybe not too much lower, but I didn't think TSLA would bounce back up much until there was some real news/rumors as we progressed closer to the end of Q4

I also expected more of a bottom out phase, but do not think that expectation is completely wrong yet. If an investigation is opened up, perception will once again be at the eye of the storm, and the stock will dip back down. If a re-call happens, this is possible as well. If another fire happens, the stock will likely drop to double digits.

As we are all aware, this board is very bullish. Most discount the fires, as fluke and come up with all types of reasons for them, while nearly completely discounting there might be a weakness/design flaw in the underbelly of the Model S. I am not fully convinced of this yet. Yes I am convinced the car is safe, but like with any new product, the more time and use it gains in public, the more things that are discovered about it. I am fully convinced IF there is a problem, it can be fixed, and you can be darn sure there are a bunch of people looking real deep into this as a type. I would be willing to bet Elon has not written it off as fluke (yet) and is reviewing all previous data, and probably trying to reconstruct various scenarios and gain new data. It simply would not be in Tesla's best interest to rush to reassure people without investigating fully and completely, which is likely why we have not seen a statement yet. Once that statement comes, if it is positive, it will signify the end of the bottom, and things will climb from there. There is a small probability it might not be reassuring however, and the stock could take another hit. In the long run, this will be overshadowed and just a blip on the radar.

Personally, I am ok with holding out a few weeks or even months and see where the dust settles, before adding to my position. In May of this year people would of been ecstatic over a price of 145, a few short months later, people are in disbelief over the tumbling from ATH's. Point being I would not be surprised to see it dip, or rise as it has been a rollercoaster and will likely continue to be one until there is more of a stable/increased product base.

Tesla just emailed the blog post "From a Model S owner in Tennessee" to their email list.

At the end of the email it says, "An additional blog from Elon will follow shortly."

Looking forward to that email. I'm sure sales were taking a hit and they knew they had to tackle this issue head on. The owners initial blog post was good but I hope Elon's post really puts things to rest.

while we await word from Elon... i give you word from George Clooney: “I had a Tesla. I was one of the first cats with a Tesla. I think I was, like, number five on the list. But I’m telling you, I’ve been on the side of the road a while in that thing. And I said to them, ‘Look, guys, why am I always stuck on the side of the f— road? Make it work, one way or another.’ ”

from WSJ:
http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-inte...y-adds-to-teslas-bad-news-month/?mod=yahoo_hs

while we await word from Elon... i give you word from George Clooney: “I had a Tesla. I was one of the first cats with a Tesla. I think I was, like, number five on the list. But I’m telling you, I’ve been on the side of the road a while in that thing. And I said to them, ‘Look, guys, why am I always stuck on the side of the f— road? Make it work, one way or another.’ ”

from WSJ:
http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-inte...y-adds-to-teslas-bad-news-month/?mod=yahoo_hs

Goodness how are people so dumb... it was a roadster.

Well, let's give Clooney some respect for being a Tesla pioneer, betting actual money on the company and thus helping it live and grow and eventually prosper. Guy had a cloo, yah?

And, he's a pretty good and pretty actor too, plus he has a detectable sense of humor. Mush like someone else we love? (That was not spellled rite)

Well, let's give Clooney some respect for being a Tesla pioneer, betting actual money on the company and thus helping it live and grow and eventually prosper. Guy had a cloo, yah?

And, he's a pretty good and pretty actor too, plus he has a detectable sense of humor. Mush like someone else we love? (That was not spellled rite)

George had a Roadster, serial #8? We definitely need to arrange a Model S test drive for George.

Any words from Elon are certainly welcome, it's hard to find exception when he speaks about the car. That being said, I think asking the owner to make a blog post was a great tactical move. I'm sure they wordsmithed the post with him, but I am also fairly certain he would not let them publish it if he didn't stand behind it.

I do certainly hope we are on the fluke end of the mathematics though. I think Tesla said there's been over 100M miles put on Model S' already. If you think about it, there were obviously very few cars on the road for the first six months. Today we are close to 20,000. If those cars are averaging 15,000 miles/year, it means they are averaging about 40 miles/day. So everyday there are 800,000 miles being added to Model S', or 25M miles per month, or another 100M every four months. And this will accelerate as more are delivered. It doesn't matter if there are three times as many fires in ICE cars, if by the math there's a Model S fire every two months, and if they are all dumped on to youtube, it will be a difficult phenomenon for car sales, and thus the stock, to overcome.

i really hope I'm wrong and I really hope the math is a fluke.

Looking forward to that email. I'm sure sales were taking a hit and they knew they had to tackle this issue head on. The owners initial blog post was good but I hope Elon's post really puts things to rest.

Boy Genius (bgr of apple rumor fame) just tweeted "@boygenius: for what its worth i heard unofficially that tesla is looking at recall of the model s to strengthen the undercarriage because of the fires"

That would be great if they did that. I don't think Elon wants to risk this happening again. Getting in a bad accident and catching fire is one thing but driving over debris on the highway and catching fire is not good. Even if the car gives you a warning and your able to get out safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.