Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any start up car company is bound to have produced a few lemons, unfortunately it sounds like George got one of those. that said, certainly he understood getting one of the first cars off the line of a new start up came with it's risks. fortunately Tesla has gotten a much better handle on quality control over the years as they've ramped up production, especially in the last 6 months. if this dip is related to Clooney's comments, it should blow over quickly. I've talked to quite a few happy Tesla Roadster owners, best I can tell George's experience is a relative anomaly.

He'll be interviewed by Henry Blodgett at 4:50pm - http://www.businessinsider.com/event/ignition-2013/agenda - which means if he has any material market moving news to share he'll probably disclose it beforehand to satisfy full disclosure rules.

Very odd that they'd hint at a forthcoming blog post yesterday but not deliver it yet. Like Fred said, the market hates uncertainty. The only good thing about the recall rumor is that it won't be a surprise if it happens, and if it's less onerous that people fear, it'll be seen as good news.

Clooney quotes? Give me a break.

That shows how strange the short-term market behaves.

Instead of an (outdated) blurb from a Hollywood actor about the Roadster, people should focus on the many billions needed for the mass-market TSLA car (more details in the "giga factory" thread). That will certainly be more important over time, without the "giga factory", there is no (moving) Gen III car.

And to build this "giga factory" TSLA will need billions (my guesstimate is 5-10 billion, please add your numbers. I would like to hear different opinions)

Rumor has it, you're right. People with a record of remaining calm, are panicking, and are causing a cycle of panic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 410
Until the blog/statement from Elon/Tm comes out about the facts around the '3rd fire' and what TM determines should be done we, and the markets, are left in the rumor/negative/bear cycle we are in at the moment. The Clooney statement would have been laughed off by us and the stock a month ago. Doubt it is having much effect on its own.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The last time there was a recall issued for the rear seats, the stock jumped. This time, if there's even a recall or a fix implemented, I think the stock is going to tank. The last recall was related to safety and wasn't that big of a deal. The battery shielding on the other hand, seems to invite delays and increased costs that is beyond the first recall's statistics. I think I'll stay on the sidelines until the blog is updated by Elon until there's a definite direction where TSLA is going. If there's any indication from today's stock movement, it's going to tank further.

Last edited:
The market giveth, the market taketh.

Sentiment around here changed overnight as yesterday's gains are today's losses.

Nevertheless, today's price movement is helping lay some foundation with this new channel since the technicals broke last week. And so far, we're well on our way to seeing a bear pennant play out. If/when this bear pennant pops, expect TSLA to blow past last week's low of 132 and hit 130. And if that happens, 120 here we come.

We're in for a lot more volatility but that should be nothing new. Expect plenty of days where we have relief rallies like we did yesterday followed by big selloffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.