Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone knows that at this point, nor when the NHTSA report will come out. Previous reports indicated it could take weeks or months for them to conclude the investigation. I am personally assuming that they are waiting for another fire. Who knows how long they will take to give up. We are still at zero deaths, zero injuries, and no further fires since that third fire.
Elon raised the car height without asking, specifically to prevent having another fire until after the NHTSA investigation is concluded. The odds are that there will not be another fire until the car can be lowered again.

It seems like they want Tesla to disclose every detail of their battery and how it's built, in other words, to disclose their secrets......
But wouldn't NHTSA keep that to themselves as much as possible? I mean they are going to have to reveal some details but I would think the specifics could be kept secret. I know this was the case when I had to submit documents to a government agency but of course those did not affect public safety..

Is Anybody willing to speculate on how much of today's stock move is due to short covering? Such a massive move must have triggered some margin calls which might support further run-up of the stock through the end of this week.

Is Anybody willing to speculate on how much of today's stock move is due to short covering? Such a massive move must have triggered some margin calls which might support further run-up of the stock through the end of this week.

Dumb (or smart in this case?) stop losses go both ways.... short term bears are bailing out like crazy right now. NOBODY wants to be on the wrong side of a tesla bull charge.

I'm sure most of us were aware that once Tesla started going up it would have moved fast..... but this stock still manages to impress me every time.........as usual: wishing I could've bought more......

You meant above $143, right? ;)

ROFL at you!
gigi.gif

When I saw this huge upside this morning I was wondering wtf causing it... Germany authorities found out that fires are not fault of Tesla??? Really??????? Overall I had to adjust mine understanding of Mister Market toward him being more stupid then I imagined.

Just to clarify, those several fires were not an issue for anyone looking long run. 0. Zero. Statistics would eventually take care of things. Batteries are less flammable then gasoline. No way around it.

Soo EVs are inherently more safe then cars holding gasoline.

I have to say, I was expecting something more like 3-5% today after the Germany news. This is a real nice surprise. Just goes to show how deep the hysteria was, I suppose.

edit: and so I don't make another post and clutter things up, to respond to everman's posting of your twitter below - big congrats on the Model S, Mario. You've been a great contributor and I've noticed that we're of similar age (I think?) and we've bought in at similar times and strikes, so I'm happy to see another story like mine, and from such a good dude! :)

Last edited:
ROFL at you! View attachment 37213

When I saw this huge upside this morning I was wondering wtf causing it... Germany authorities found out that fires are not fault of Tesla??? Really??????? Overall I had to adjust mine understanding of Mister Market toward him being more stupid then I imagined.

Just to clarify, those several fires were not an issue for anyone looking long run. 0. Zero. Statistics would eventually take care of things. Batteries are less flammable then gasoline. No way around it.

Soo EVs are inherently more safe then cars holding gasoline.

Germans (with comparatively high safety standards vs US). A premonition to likely NTHSA clearance officially invalidating a couple of months of Bear BS in the media.

officially invalidating a couple of months of Bear BS in the media

Ok, gotcha, after all this is a short term thread.

But overall long term is more important and would rule the price of TSLA. I mean who remembers now NYT Border or whatever was/is his name. Who remember Volt fires? At the end consumers would buy based on $$$ they save, performance they will get and safety. And on all three metrics EVs are better. And Tesla is a leader of the EV market. In few years this few fires would not mean anything. IMHO of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Or who remember all EV haters who critique Roadster and predicted doom of Tesla? Life is go on and there would be Tesla S version 2 and 3 and 4. And there would be gen3 and then may be gen 4 etc
shuffle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.