Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that are long term, is there a number where you are willing to sell your shares? Where you think its too top heavy and you would rather sell to buy back in later to play with the houses money so to speak? I am in at 29 dollars roughly and I am wondering if I should do this or stick with a no sell policy.

For those that are long term, is there a number where you are willing to sell your shares? Where you think its too top heavy and you would rather sell to buy back in later to play with the houses money so to speak? I am in at 29 dollars roughly and I am wondering if I should do this or stick with a no sell policy.

Wondering about the same thing. Also in at about 29. It's been a great run, but I won't sell this month with all the announcements coming. I don't think I'll sell below 120 either

My god I've made so much cash on options. Pocketing profits and rolling into new ones, just incredible. This will never again happen in my life. Plus I have more shares in me pocket! I feel like I believed in some messiah and now he's is providing many gifts.

Yes, a bottle of Dom is happening tonight.

Good luck, you've got a collective action problem on your hands.

I mean, if you're able to actively monitor this thing there's just so much opportunity to buy and sell stocks and contracts right now. If I'm passive, I'm holding because this will break $100 - maybe this week, maybe next week or next month, etc. But,I can't resist getting months of market movement in a couple hours and buying and selling contracts. I bought a bunch of shares at $69 AH yesterday, had to unload some of them ad keep the rest at $79.

I can see this going back down to u$70 and then up to $90 at this point - all in a matter of hours or days.

But make no mistake, my super long position is staying in my pocket and being added to.

Wondering about the same thing. Also in at about 29. It's been a great run, but I won't sell this month with all the announcements coming. I don't think I'll sell below 120 either

Easy decision for me. I took some profits early on and (thank god) bought my position back on a dip. But it also means that I'd be paying short term gains right now. So when I look at what my taxes would be, the number that I'd sell at gets pushed wayyyyyy up. I'm holding long. Even if it spikes more (and I believe it will), I believe this stock will continue to gain in value over the coming years.

But yeah, it's really fun looking at the profit numbers right now.

bonnie, the solution to the capital gains issue is to buy the stock in an IRA or 401K, no tax on capital gains.
Of course they get you as you withdraw the money later... But it's more money to withdraw :)

As far as not selling too soon, I'm in with house money from my previous profits, I can afford to be very patient.
Why not enjoy the ride I say :)

Status
Not open for further replies.