Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, TSLA is currently down with market averages, particularly the Russell 2000 of which it is a component.

It's really amazing markets globally are all down really big. In fact, the US markets seem to be doing better that the rest of the world. This is really rare to see everything down massively on the same day.

Even just at equities; gold, oil, stocks and bonds are all down.

If you have cash it's hard to say if it's a buy right now or if the bloodbath will continue.

Dropped over $5 pretty quick there. Time to buy? I don't know what to do.

I just bought some $105 calls at $1.

They're very cheap right now and have a 500% upside if tomorrow visits $110. (Which there is probably a 33% chance of, so I think it's an overall cheap trade against the odds).

I think $90's is also in the cards for tomorrow, so I have $105 puts as well, acquired at $2.00. But I think the time for that has come and gone.

I just bought some $105 calls at $1.

They're very cheap right now and have a 500% upside if tomorrow visits $110. (Which there is probably a 33% chance of, so I think it's an overall cheap trade against the odds).

I think $90's is also in the cards for tomorrow, so I have $105 puts as well, acquired at $2.00. But I think the time for that has come and gone.

I doubled down buying those as well. I'll probably be back out before the end of the day though.

I still see no reason for a sharp correction in the markets. If the Fed Tapers and eventually ends its $85bn bond buying program, this is a good thing. It means that the economy is picking up and life support is not needed anymore. If the economy starts to slow down, then the Fed will not end the program. It is a win-win for the stock market. Unless of course the whole economy starts crashing down, but there are no signs at all pointing to this happening in the near future.

Markets are selling off as expected, but this will not last too long. People will figure out what I just wrote in the paragraph above and start buying again very shortly; maybe even today. If the markets correct 10%, I would be going all in if I had any cash. As is stands I am 100% long and maxed out on margin too. I will not be selling any time soon. The bull market will live on this year. I expect that mid July is when it starts going in one direction again (up).

I doubled down buying those as well. I'll probably be back out before the end of the day though.

I sold almost all my June 13 calls (different strikes) early today with TSLA between 105-106. Plan is to see how the day looks towards the end and buy in again before market close. Probably some June but maybe also some July: if tonights demo is amazing I'm not sure the market will be able to price it in in just one day (Friday - last trading day for Jun13 options).

I still see no reason for a sharp correction in the markets. If the Fed Tapers and eventually ends its $85bn bond buying program, this is a good thing. It means that the economy is picking up and life support is not needed anymore. If the economy starts to slow down, then the Fed will not end the program. It is a win-win for the stock market. Unless of course the whole economy starts crashing down, but there are no signs at all pointing to this happening in the near future.

Markets are selling off as expected, but this will not last too long. People will figure out what I just wrote in the paragraph above and start buying again very shortly; maybe even today. If the markets correct 10%, I would be going all in if I had any cash. As is stands I am 100% long and maxed out on margin too. I will not be selling any time soon. The bull market will live on this year. I expect that mid July is when it starts going in one direction again (up).

Cramer had an interesting article yesterday regarding the Fed's move, Cramer: How to Make Money in the Market Just Changed .

"This is a sea change," Cramer said. "Therefore, investors should no longer buy stocks simply for their dividends. They are no longer offering the protection from declines that they once did. Instead Cramer said investors should begin to establish positions in the stocks of companies that benefit from accelerating recovery. They are the industrials, thebanks and the techs," Cramer explained. Those are the stocks that are about to come back into favor. "Buying stocks just for large dividends, the way so many people have done for the last four years, is now over at least until those stocks drop much more than they have to date. Buying stocks for companies with improving profits because the economy's improving? Those are the investments that will work best for the rest of 2013," Cramer said.

This seems to bode well for TSLA.

@ShortSlaver - I agree that it is good to have a scared market; you don't want it going up all the time because that leads to big crashes. Current volatility will weed out the week investors/traders and will build a stronger base for a big stock market run up in the second half of the year as long as the economy is improving.

@Kenliles - It is good to have cash, but if I had cash during the first half of the year I would have missed out on a huge run up. Timing the market is hard to do. I have been really good in timing the market over the past couple of years, but then once or twice I sold a little too quickly and the lost income more than offset the gains I made when correctly timing the market. It is tough to do, even though I was right 5 or 6 times and wrong only once or twice, I still would have been better off just holding the whole time. I believe that the market (and TSLA) will be higher one year from today, so no need to hold any cash.

I sold almost all my June 13 calls (different strikes) early today with TSLA between 105-106. Plan is to see how the day looks towards the end and buy in again before market close. Probably some June but maybe also some July: if tonights demo is amazing I'm not sure the market will be able to price it in in just one day (Friday - last trading day for Jun13 options).

Yeah, I was in a meeting and missed the opportunity. I'm really counting on Elon to knock it out of the park tonight.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.