Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I don't understand why the stock would be down on this news. We're outselling our competition. If you subtract 4,900 cars delivered in 1Q from the "through May" number of 8,850 you get 3,950 cars delivered through 2/3rds of the 2nd Quarter. If they keep the same production as April and May, they would finish the quarter at 5,265 or 765 over their guidance for 2Q.

There appears to be an error with your link.

Alternative link: http://cblproperties.com/cbl.nsf/shopping_places_state.html

Mitch's link works fine for me. It's good to see that Superchargers will be installed at CherryVale Mall in Rockford, Illinois. CherryVale is at the intersections of several interstates and major highways. They connect Chicagoland with Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota, and central Wisconsin with downstate Illinois.

I wonder how much of it is due to the Bloomberg GOOG->TSLA takeover musings today.

I think it has to do with 2 things:

1. The Bloomberg article you mentioned

2. That the NY legislature will not ban Tesla Sales (can't vote on it until January at the earliest if they did vote). Tesla would have received a bump on Friday after the Swap Demo, but NY caused the stock to go down. Now it is reversing.

If Google did put in a bid to buy Tesla, they would have to offer about $140 - $150/share to begin with. This would probably cause the stock to go up to $160+ immediately. Google will not put in a bid until they are comfortable that demand is real and it is not only pent up demand; that is of course if Google would ever even want to bid on this company. Why would they want to buy Tesla, when they could license their self-driving technology to all auto manufacturers and make more money instead?

Why would they want to buy Tesla, when they could license their self-driving technology to all auto manufacturers and make more money instead?

Cars should be thought about as a computer hardware peripheral going forward. Like a network mounted disk drive, mouse or keyboard. The things that Google wants to do with cars goes far beyond just getting Android into the in-car systems. It involves automation of all transport and being the compute backend for all transport routing. This can't be done without some reference hardware (i.e. a car they own that can be used to set the standard for others). My $0.02 is that they will acquire Tesla after 4 quarters of profit and use them to establish the potential of automated transport.

Why would they want to buy Tesla, when they could license their self-driving technology to all auto manufacturers and make more money instead?

Also, another point:

1) Does Google think Tesla is beyond the point of being able to survive without Elon? (i.e. Apple without Steve Jobs, both before and now).
2) Does Google in their wildest imagination think that Elon would be happy to just become a Google VP? Where someone else can come to him and say: "Oh, just sell via dealers".

There is no benefic for anybody to outright acquire Tesla. An investment on the other hand makes a lot of sense.

Cars should be thought about as a computer hardware peripheral going forward. Like a network mounted disk drive, mouse or keyboard. The things that Google wants to do with cars goes far beyond just getting Android into the in-car systems. It involves automation of all transport and being the compute backend for all transport routing. This can't be done without some reference hardware (i.e. a car they own that can be used to set the standard for others). My $0.02 is that they will acquire Tesla after 4 quarters of profit and use them to establish the potential of automated transport.

Tesla has just recently passed through the "long, dark night" and the upward potential in market cap rise w/Gen III upcoming is huge. Elon is a smart guy and he knows that Tesla is just getting started. I can't see him selling out right now. It's just the beginning and he knows it.

Plus it doesn't make sense if I was in Elon's shoes for Tesla to be acquired by Google. It's not like Tesla needs more cash. And I don't think being bought by Google would speed development of Gen III or future cars either. I don't see it making any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.