Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is there some sort of short-squeeze going on? It went thru 170 like there was no resistance.

my 20/20 hindsight, total nubey WAG is that more and more of the buy ins are at market rather than with limits because the updward trend is happening so fast and steadily that folks don't want to loose out on gains between subsequent buy ins. 150 seemed like a huge psychological precipice that everyone was hanging on, now the rails have come off and no one knows where to put the limits. the NHTSA lead to a perfect storm, was perhaps that last serious mooring, who knows where it will go from here. There is perhaps nothing to compare Tesla to for projections, it could just keep going up, up, up, though some volatility is inevitable.

Wow, the stock took a mini dumping. It shows with the over all market as well. I had a stop/limit at $170 for which I removed and was going to update it and I had trouble logging in to update the order. Bad timing, but still better than now looking at it. Ended up doing a market sell at $168.66 because it took @$$ long to do limit sells to try and time it. Well, it was a good run. Now I wonder how much of a pull back will be and for how long. I'm thinking the worst is that the mythical $161.88 would be the support. :p

Yeah, I think we are set up for the mother of all Tesla tuesdays tomorrow. I have been preaching to hold during what I predicted to be a stately increase to about 170, which it decided to do in 3 days instead:
View attachment 29282

It *might* go up like crazy tomorrow, but it seems likely we are due for a pullback. Who knows though, some new mechanism might be in play.

Exactly. I feel TSLA has packed the price actions in 3 weeks for the like of AMZN and NFLX into 3 days. It is a wild ride that can't keep up forever.

For the first time in 6 months, my brokerage account has a negative Delta on TSLA. Does that make me a short??? :crying: My trades are executed when certain action happens so I don't make those judgement. And it will only last for a few days, I promise. I wouldn't dare to hold a negative delta into a weekend.

For my 401k , I can't make it negative as it is not allowed. Overall I still have positive Delta. So I am still a long! :wink:

Well the stochastics on my 5 minute chart have officially flatlined, is there a defibrillator in the house?

- - - Updated - - -

We just stepped down again. Time to see if 165 holds otherwise it's back to 161.88.

- - - Updated - - -

Well 165 was broken and we're back down to 164-165. So in less than 2 hours, TSLA had a high of 173 and over an 8 point dip. What a day! :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.