Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some people here in full-on freak-out mode. Relax. Tesla will make a statement. Elon will make a statement. Let's not forget this fire was caused due to hitting a large object on the road inflicting heavy damage to the car. The car, fully aware of this, asked the driver to pull over because it sensed a problem.

There's nothing wrong here. This is weak longs and shorts getting out or on an incredible success story. Let's not forget this is a move down from near all time highs. Q3 is coming up. Good news out of Norway. Can now sell in VA. This is a FANTASTIC buying opportunity.

Wonderful (not!). Slimeball opportunistic vulture law firm. Unfortunately, this gives the media more dots to connect to construct a negative story. Downgrade + fire + law firm sniffing around for a class action. All of this could have been prevented. As a huge bull and Elon fan, I want to see them recover quickly. As someone who's helped companies prevent and/or cure crisis, I'm really disappointed by their deer in the headlights response so far. There's an an old saying that the media loves to build you up and then tear you down. Most tear-downs are sparked by lack of proactive engagement on the part of the company in crisis. Where's Elon? Like a forest fire, if you don't put it out quickly, the fire spreads, develops a weather system of its own, and becomes more difficult to stop.

I'm thrilled it's dropped. I'm a completely inexperienced investor and had 70 shares in TSLA – which is a lot for me. I sold at 179 with the intention to buy back. Went up to 190s, was very disappointed as I'm long TSLA. Dropped to 185...picked some up...then sold...rinse and repeat...kept losing shares. Finally got back up to 68 shares, and today recouped all 70.

Yes, I know this is completely idiotic. I have learned my lesson and will avoid day-trading like the plague. From now on, buy and hold. If it hits 160 today—not a worry in the slightest; TSLA is strong, and a single fire will have zero effect in the long term.

For Twilight Zone types, yesterday's Model S came to rest at the exit to Willis Road and then burned. In 1994 a family named Willis ran over a broken brake drum near Milwaukee. The van caught on fire and most of them died. The safety take-away should be that if a battery burns, it will not explode. You will have plenty of time to get out safely!

Wonderful (not!). Slimeball opportunistic vulture law firm. Unfortunately, this gives the media more dots to connect to construct a negative story. Downgrade + fire + law firm sniffing around for a class action. All of this could have been prevented. As a huge bull and Elon fan, I want to see them recover quickly. As someone who's helped companies prevent and/or cure crisis, I'm really disappointed by their deer in the headlights response so far. There's an an old saying that the media loves to build you up and then tear you down. Most tear-downs are sparked by lack of proactive engagement on the part of the company in crisis. Where's Elon? Like a forest fire, if you don't put it out quickly, the fire spreads, develops a weather system of its own, and becomes more difficult to stop.

Are they going to sue the NHTSA too (the government) for giving them a high score ? Seriously, what nonsense. Where's Elon? Not on vacation for sure. Most likely with his team examining the wreckage and trying to understand what the next steps are before telling the whole world. Where else would he be? I'd suspect they would be more inclined to make another statement (status update) if the stock were down more than 15% + today (tanking)

Hearing Deutsche Bank Says Tesla Will Not Make Changes to Battery Pack Design as Impact was Very Specific

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-rat...s-tesla-will-not-make-changes-t#ixzz2gflGEReZ

Good to hear.

Bought stock around $169.50 earlier today, and options ahead of that. My humble opinion would be that we made the obligatory small bounce below the trend line, and will now slowly move up (with the usual ups and downs, of course).

Modulo general market movements, that is. Right now all the market indexes are down, that just has its effect on TSLA as well. But whenever they go up again, TSLA appears happy to go up as well.

so your're revising your PT of 160, mister HKF??????????????????

I hope I am wrong as I still have 1/4 original stake.

But like I said the BEARS could sit on 169-170 for a while before launching another wave of attack. My prediction was they will do that after 1PM to target $166....then 2PM to target $160-164.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not forget this fire was caused due to hitting a large object on the road inflicting heavy damage to the car. QUOTE]

I thought the official report mentioned some debris on the road. The guy was driving in highway...he couldn't have hit a large object on highway. That doesn't sound probable.

I see a lot of room below $160 . Depends on how sh...y the next days / weeks are with political power plays and whatnot. This is not only about a singular fire in some electric vehicle. It's a lot of factors converging to bring the stocks down in general and to destroy trust. Oh yeah, and some lawyer h****s trying to cash in on that incident. What a wonderful world.

Don't panic

This is probably this last great buying opportunity before q3 earnings come out. They will blow away expectations, Tesla has executed well this past quarter. Everyone from CA to GA ( not to mention Norway ) has seen more and more of them on the street. The current situation reminds me when stock dropped a few weeks before q2 earnings, and people had a chance to load up.

The accident happened Tuesday, I think by wed evening the damaged car was en route to Fremont. It should have arrived today. I can imagine a whole team at TSLA will be examining it to see what they can learn. I am hoping for a press release by EOD tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Maybe they can even show pictures of the hole in the battery caused by the metal object. If the object was strong enough to penetrate the battery housing, it would most certainly penetrate the chassis of an ICE and impale a passenger.

Hong Kong: You may be right, but chill a little bit. If it goes down to that level it is a great buying opportunity in a great company. I think there are a lot of monied people and institutions that would look at this level as a good place to initially buy in or add shares. This should keep the price up. I have buy order in at $162 but doubt it will go that low.

I just wish I understood/trusted my judgement more on options. This type of volitily, if played carefully/correctly will make the people who can call this very wealthy.

Go Sleepy, Kevin99, and the rest of the option people!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.