Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys....we have an alternative energy investor topic for a reason....

Soooo.....will TSLA close above 185$ tomorrow....that's what I need to understand :-D
I can only imagine the stock going up right now... but it didn't follow the markets yesterday and today it looks like it's slightly down in Pre market.
Yes there is another thread but I suspect it is impacting tsla directly too. There is plenty of money to invest but a limited amount for green companies. I suspect success in these companies does to a small degree limit money going into tsla although tsla success is also bringing new money into this area

I was curious how much of your portfolio do you commit to Tesla? How much of your total worth? (just % estimates no need for real numbers)

I just realized over half of my net worth is invested in Tesla (it was created by Tesla in the first place though:smile:... I'm young and took a lot of risk).

But for you older guys, how much of you life stake is in Tesla??? I hear some people here say "I'm all in" - are you saying you just threw your life savings at Tesla?? All your investment dollars? Just one account?? Some play money?

I'm 25 so I'm OK resting most of my eggs with Tesla, the risk is acceptable and the potential upside... well maybe I could retire early! Just curious about the rest of yall.

Im in the same boat as you, im 24 years old and got in at the IPO with all my money i could get my hands on at the time. Ive held since and today my portfolio consists of about 60% TSLA, 20% solar stocks (SCTY, SPWR, CSIQ, SOL) and the remaining 20 % other tech stocks such as DDD, SSYS, OLED, CLNE, MZOR etc.

I am starting to get a little uneasy with the huge reliance on TSLA in my portfolio and I agree with sleepy that the solar stocks are probably the better risk/reward atm. The difference is that I know pretty much everything there is to know about TSLA (due to this forum, thanks guys!) and I am super confident in their future while with the solar stocks etc I have not even close to the same knowledge about their industries or their technologies which to me make them much more risky. If I had the same knowledge and understanding of the solar industry as Sleepy does I would probably have put more money from TSLA into them.

But as you said, being young definitely increases my risk tolerance (which my portfolio indicates) and getting into this game early feels like im cheating on life compared to all my friends who have average hard working jobs and will not in 10 years gain the same net worth as I have in just the last year.

Good luck and please share any other interesting high risk/reward stocks you find!

Yes there is another thread but I suspect it is impacting tsla directly too. There is plenty of money to invest but a limited amount for green companies. I suspect success in these companies does to a small degree limit money going into tsla although tsla success is also bringing new money into this area

This thread moves way too quickly already.....we need to make an effort to keep it on topic or it will become unusable for most people.

I read the other thread every day and I'm invested in solar so it isn't like I'm not interested by the topic. Just head over there if you want to discuss this stuff http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...y-Investor-Discussions-(formerly-SCTY-thread)

I'm sure the mods will intervene at any moment anyway.....

But as you said, being young definitely increases my risk tolerance (which my portfolio indicates) and getting into this game early feels like im cheating on life compared to all my friends who have average hard working jobs and will not in 10 years gain the same net worth as I have in just the last year.

Good luck and please share any other interesting high risk/reward stocks you find!

Nice to hear from other younger guys getting into investing. I too went heavy into tesla early on and into options after q1 gains. All set for q3... never thought i'd have so much in call options... All house $, def helps with the risk tolerance. I also feel like i'm cheating in a way lol, but I told all my car buddies to buy into tesla back in April and only 1 actually did. You have to take the risk (educated risk) to gain the reward. I must say though, the knowledge I have gained about investing in the past 6 months is worth much more than the profit i've made.

Now back on topic, seems like all the major hurdles pre-q3 have past.. hoping for a close above 185 today!

Tsla 10/17/2013

TSLA 10.17.2013.png

Looks to be filling the previous gap. Well within the new channel. Should see a surge next week if there's no negative news (with the whole gov't bs finally settled for now, I think we will see low $180s set as the new floor). Also have to account for recent run up in SCTY that EM investors are probably taking advantage of with TSLA winnings. I have had my hands in both for a while so I'm not complaining :D

Electric Vehicle News: Tesla Model S Sold Out Till Next Year [VIDEO]

Assuming that European and NA orders can sustain Tesla through the end of the year, and figuring 800 cars/week production in Q1 2014, this could mean 12x800=9,600 Reservations in Asia. Looks like Elon is throwing a hint for those who listen...

That's actually a video from last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanted to drop this here from TD's Trade Architect

Qestimates TSLA.png

EPS seems to be at $0.12 for Q3. I'm thinking we are much closer to the $0.50 to $0.60 range. Are analysts this stupid or are we just that smart?

Electric Vehicle News: Tesla Model S Sold Out Till Next Year [VIDEO]

Assuming that European and NA orders can sustain Tesla through the end of the year, and figuring 800 cars/week production in Q1 2014, this could mean 12x800=9,600 Reservations in Asia. Looks like Elon is throwing a hint for those who listen...

Wonder if this latest EM news is helping or hurting. Could be interpreted as a negative on their manufacturing abilities. (Apple got burned once for not being able to keep up with demand too I remember.)

- - - Updated - - -

If old news, please disregard my comment.

- - - Updated - - -

The video is from last year, but the article is current, refers to 25% production increase over the course of Q2.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The video is from last year, but the article is current, refers to 25% production increase over the course of Q2.

Hi all,

First time poster here. I've been lurking since the debt ceiling fiasco and got in on TSLA @ 165's and SCTY @ 30's . I run an online business and finally got to the point where I had a lot of extra cash. I'm college-aged and just got married and have been jaded by the Great Recession etc... I've finally decided to hop in and invest.

I don't trade options simply because I don't know how and I am not comfortable with it yet. Any thoughts on whether or not TSLA is still cheap? Right now it's trading at $182 and I'm considering picking up some more common stock. Of course the stock market isn't predictable, but what's the common consensus here?

Status
Not open for further replies.