Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they came at just the right time and stopped the bleeding, hard to say. I kind of like it this way though. I was worried that everyone knew about Q3 now and expectations would be too high. I no longer feel like this is the case. I feel like most of the market has forgotten or wasn't paying any attention.

I think a lot of momentum has been put on brakes over the past few weeks and that got further help yesterday from "Euphoria" comments from Reed Hastings on Netflix's stock price after ER yesterday. So going into ER for TSLA may be slower, and am no longer confident on my $195 pre-ER TSLA price hope.

Given that the NHSTA talking with Tesla about the accident/fire early in the month is affecting the stock price, I think it's worth noting that for the first time we have some detail on the object hit by the car:

Elon: "... a piece that fell off a truck... it was a big curved piece of a fender..."

this was in response to a question at the Munich talk last night. the question is asked at 32:30 in this youtube video another poster shared earlier today,

Elon Musk in München - Tesla - YouTube

Given that the NHSTA talking with Tesla about the accident/fire early in the month is affecting the stock price, I think it's worth noting that for the first time we have some detail on the object hit by the car:

Elon: "... a piece that fell off a truck... it was a big curved piece of a fender..."

this was in response to a question at the Munich talk last night. the question is asked at 32:30 in this youtube video another poster shared earlier today,

Elon Musk in München - Tesla - YouTube

also interesting to note that over 20,000 deaths last year in car fires. how many investigated? lets use some common sense here, perhaps most serious should be investigated first?

I'm quite disappointed Tesla would wait until thursday to release the good PR. For one, I think the effect is dampened when it's been out a few days. However, I think the bigger impact is that we're flirting with the 50 day moving average and if we end the day below, I think we'll see a long bar down. As of now, we're ok above it, but if we got down to 168 or 169 I'd be a bit concerned going into tomorrow.

edit: it seems likely to me that we will see a swing one way or the other at the end of the day, either rejecting the 50 day moving average to end up several dollars, or if it looks like it will end below that point it will plunge down.

I'm quite disappointed Tesla would wait until thursday to release the good PR. For one, I think the effect is dampened when it's been out a few days. However, I think the bigger impact is that we're flirting with the 50 day moving average and if we end the day below, I think we'll see a long bar down. As of now, we're ok above it, but if we got down to 168 or 169 I'd be a bit concerned going into tomorrow.

edit: it seems likely to me that we will see a swing one way or the other at the end of the day, either rejecting the 50 day moving average to end up several dollars, or if it looks like it will end below that point it will plunge down.

I agree with one of the posters who said that you don't want to be wasting ammo on the same day that NFLX had earnings and AAPL revealed new IPads.

I disagree in that i believe the moving averages do not predict the future stock price movement. Sure if there are enough chart technicians out there all following the same rules and moving averages and basing their trades on that then it can become a self fulfilling prophecy to some extent but I think trying to use the charts and moving averages to predict future price movements is fools gold.

Charts and moving averages can be great tools/references for helping to tell a story of how a stock price moveD, but not for future stock price movement.

I used to agree with you, until i saw these patterns play out time and time again. It is indeed a self fulfilling prophesy, that perhaps the algorithms try to use to catch stop losses. I think a lot of people put stock losses at predictable places, and when you can catch those stop losses you can trigger a land slide.

While it is unusually quiet here today pre market I would like to say something for I usually just observe.
I would like all the key players here, Citizen T, Dave, Kevin, Mario, tesladopt, fluxcap, et al (yes I missed some of you)to know that their posts, opinions, insights etc. are appreciated. Please don't get discouraged and leave, you are appreciated.
Sorry if I wasted anybodies time.

Status
Not open for further replies.