Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to point out that the letter that was address to Tesla Motors from the German Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt is dated on the 27 of November, the same day that we saw the first considerable upward movement for weeks. This is several days before it became public knowledge so clearly some big players found out in advance and perhaps closed their short positions. I'm not trying to make a conspiracy theory out of it but just want to point out that there are big sharks out there :)
Disclaimer: This theory is of course invalid if there was indeed some other positive news on the 27th that made the stock go up drastically.

Very sharp observation, Larken!

Yes the stock was doing quite miserably on the 27th until some mysterious force took over and drove it up 3% intra-day.

UPDATE: Jefferies Reiterates on Tesla Motors Following Positive News From Germany
9:02a ET December 3, 2013 (Benzinga)In a report published Tuesday, Jefferies analyst Elaine Kwei reiterated a Buy rating on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA), but lowered the price target from $210.00 to $190.00.
In the report, Jefferies noted, “Last night after the close TSLA disclosed that the German Federal Motor Transport Authority came to a favorable conclusion in its investigation of the recent crash-related Model S vehicle fires. We think this should provide greater confidence that the NHTSA investigation will result in a favorable outcome in the U.S. as well, providing a positive catalyst for the stock.”

- - - Updated - - -

Negative News Provides Chance to Get into Tesla -- Market Talk
8:00a ET December 3, 2013 (Dow Jones)Negative News Provides Chance to Get into Tesla -- Market Talk
8:00 EST - Morgan Stanley makes Tesla (TSLA) its top pick saying a the stock has gone from 20% overvalued to 20% undervalued due to the news about the Model S fires. Firm doesn't see the fires having a material impact on the business, and says that "while TSLA still has a lot to prove to fundamentally justify its valuation, we believe the stock offers a better risk-adjusted return vs. any other stock in our US auto coverage." Morgan Stanley sticks to its $153 price target on TSLA shares, which gain 4% to $129.21 premarket. Shares topped $190 in early October. ([email protected])

I closed my protective put plays two days ago (at a very slight loss, worth the sense of security and peace of mind I had for a few weeks).... of course if I had done so yesterday I would have timed it almost perfectly....but I still consider myself lucky I got out well below 130$....I have a feeling we won't see those 120$ prices for a while..... my long position is very happy today......GO TSLA!

UPDATE: Jefferies Reiterates on Tesla Motors Following Positive News From Germany
9:02a ET December 3, 2013 (Benzinga)In a report published Tuesday, Jefferies analyst Elaine Kwei reiterated a Buy rating on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA), but lowered the price target from $210.00 to $190.00.
In the report, Jefferies noted, “Last night after the close TSLA disclosed that the German Federal Motor Transport Authority came to a favorable conclusion in its investigation of the recent crash-related Model S vehicle fires. We think this should provide greater confidence that the NHTSA investigation will result in a favorable outcome in the U.S. as well, providing a positive catalyst for the stock.”

Negative News Provides Chance to Get into Tesla -- Market Talk
8:00a ET December 3, 2013 (Dow Jones)Negative News Provides Chance to Get into Tesla -- Market Talk
8:00 EST - Morgan Stanley makes Tesla (TSLA) its top pick saying a the stock has gone from 20% overvalued to 20% undervalued due to the news about the Model S fires. Firm doesn't see the fires having a material impact on the business, and says that "while TSLA still has a lot to prove to fundamentally justify its valuation, we believe the stock offers a better risk-adjusted return vs. any other stock in our US auto coverage." Morgan Stanley sticks to its $153 price target on TSLA shares, which gain 4% to $129.21 premarket. Shares topped $190 in early October. ([email protected])

Germany clearing the Model S, Jefferies reiterating Buy, and Morgan Stanley saying TSLA is a bargain... three great pieces of news.

A close above $133 today would be very good.

Assuming the NHTSA report also comes back clean, how much of a bump will TSLA see or has that already been priced in at this point?

I don't think anyone knows that at this point, nor when the NHTSA report will come out. Previous reports indicated it could take weeks or months for them to conclude the investigation. I am personally assuming that they are waiting for another fire. Who knows how long they will take to give up. We are still at zero deaths, zero injuries, and no further fires since that third fire.

I don't think anyone knows that at this point, nor when the NHTSA report will come out. Previous reports indicated it could take weeks or months for them to conclude the investigation. I am personally assuming that they are waiting for another fire. Who knows how long they will take to give up. We are still at zero deaths, zero injuries, and no further fires since that third fire.
Check out the amount of documentation the NHTSA is now requesting:
NHTSA Issues Legally Enforceable Request to Tesla for ALL Model S Specific Information

Note the deadline is January 14, 2014.

For you guys who occasionally post graphs: Could you post one after the dust settles today please? You usually have very detailed graphs with MACD lines and all kinds of interesting stuff. Will be nice to look at the graph after todays action :smile:
Thanks.

Check out the amount of documentation the NHTSA is now requesting:
NHTSA Issues Legally Enforceable Request to Tesla for ALL Model S Specific Information

Note the deadline is January 14, 2014.
Good to note the deadline. I would imagine Tesla would try to get the info there sooner to close things up sooner but either way we can expect the NHTSA investigation to take at least until January. I can't say it looks like they are requesting any unusual amount of documentation. I'm not sure how they could conduct a full investigation on anything less.

For you guys who occasionally post graphs: Could you post one after the dust settles today please? You usually have very detailed graphs with MACD lines and all kinds of interesting stuff. Will be nice to look at the graph after todays action :smile:
Thanks.

dec3.JPG

Note that the ADX is trying hard to turn bullish (green line above red). I bought back in yesterday and more today, as I think this is the start of a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.