Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Santos doesn't move TSLA, but Adam Jonas does. That's what just happened this morning. Reiterated $320PT and called TSLA the world's most important car company.
That's why I have a special incantation to summon Adam Jonas. Paul Santos gets his voodoo treatment directly from the market.

This is definitely a squeeze.

A new PT from Adam Jonas would be cool right about now. Then we could all watch TSLA lifting off for quite a while longer.

I think the Solarcity news today is very significant to Tesla as well. They're acquiring a solar panel manufacturer and building a plant in NY with the goal of making unsubsidized solar cheaper than coal or fracked gas. Elon just said on their call there can be tens of GW of demand there.

For Tesla ---> Partial crystallization of stationary storage demand. Longer term could be quasi-infinite gigfactory demand, as Elon has stated before

I think the Solarcity news today is very significant to Tesla as well. They're acquiring a solar panel manufacturer and building a plant in NY with the goal of making unsubsidized solar cheaper than coal or fracked gas. Elon just said on their call there can be tens of GW of demand there.

For Tesla ---> Partial crystallization of stationary storage demand. Longer term could be quasi-infinite gigfactory demand, as Elon has stated before

So supercharging stations just got cheaper and profits on home installations increased..

Aaaand we are UNANIMOUSLY and FORCEFULLY "un-banned" by the NJ legislature in a 77-0 landslide vote. Huzzah!

NJ Assembly approves Tesla direct sales

NJA3216.png

Still has to go through the senate where the auto dealers are mounting a fight. If it gets thru there I am sure Christie will sign it...but it still has to get through the senate...

Can you imagine the kind of publicity anybody who opposes will get? Bad mouthed everywhere in all kinds of media possible as the few corrupt people who oppose progress in the state. Every small item related to Tesla gets repeated with all details everywhere. Thousands of Boos on twitter, email, phone calls complaining etc. People talking about how they are in the pockets of car dealers etc. Why else would it be 77-0 in the house? Nobody could get paid enough to be on the wrong side of this battle.

Can you imagine the kind of publicity anybody who opposes will get? Bad mouthed everywhere in all kinds of media possible as the few corrupt people who oppose progress in the state. Every small item related to Tesla gets repeated with all details everywhere. Thousands of Boos on twitter, email, phone calls complaining etc. People talking about how they are in the pockets of car dealers etc. Why else would it be 77-0 in the house? Nobody could get paid enough to be on the wrong side of this battle.
Totally agree. But New Jersey is my 'next door neighbor' and the politics there are world of their own. Much worse than Delaware or even my home state of Massachusetts which was very rich in...'you have to be kidding me' moments when it came to logic and the government.

The final line of that bill says "Under current law, these vehicles are exempt from the State's sales and use tax."

Does that mean what I think it means?

To me, it seems like they are explaining why they are reporting the number of sales to the state. Which is for the reason of the tax exempt status. Should they ever change the laws (which will likely happen one day), they need to know how many of them are on the roads.

To finish off the torrent of good news we now have affirmation of $275 PT from Wedbush:

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...+in+NJ+By+Year-End,+Says+Wedbush/9589691.html

The TSLA action today kind of mimics yesterday's, complete with the "break" for lunch, but on an accelerated schedule, both volume-wise (more so) and price-wise. Seems that TSLA is poised to break through the $235 right after lunch and continue its march up to the next stop - $245.

- - - Updated - - -

As reported by Benz on another thread:
Elon Musk will be talking to CNBC at 4pm ET (17-6-2014).
Does anybody think that the ground for a second GF financing round is being laid as we speak?1?

Last edited:
There's serious resistance at $235.

Come on, darling. I know you can do it.

i saw that too just now...hundreds of thousands of shares bought at 235 and still can't push through yet

There is some really big hidden seller at 235.00, I hope we can break past it today as there are a lot of day traders centered around that number I suspect now after watching the real time time & sales

Status
Not open for further replies.