Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to decide between Mar 2015 calls and Jan 2016 calls. In my mind, the determining factor is the probability of a Model X reveal and test drives. The first time the Model X falcon wing doors are opened on Rodeo drive will be an instant catalyst.

Any thoughts on when Model X test drives will be offered?

There will be NO Model X reveal during Thursday's announcement according to Elon's interview at today's Vanity Fair event:

Elon Musk Hints at Plans to - YouTube

Last edited:
So I was just like you. Beating myself up for not taking the 100% profit I had when the stock hit 262. But I settled for some 80% towards the close. I didn't want to play the event-risk with that position. I setup a 260-270 call spread instead.

- - - Updated - - -

What really irritates me about today's price action, was I was set to sell some options that were doing really well for me today since I was more than happy with the returns and I had other pressing matters that kept me from logging in to put in a limit order in time... -_-

So now, that position fell into a loss when I was up 100%... So I am really kicking myself right now.

So I was just like you. Beating myself up for not taking the 100% profit I had when the stock hit 262. But I settled for some 80% towards the close. I didn't want to play the event-risk with that position. I setup a 260-270 call spread instead.

Perhaps the other letter is E. When being asked about "the other thing," Elon recounts how they were going to make the Gen III the Model E, but due to Ford, they had to change to Model 3. He then says "so when I say that we're about to unveil the D and something else than I kind of dug my own grave on that front."

So I'm thinking "E," perhaps "Y."

Probably thinking from what I want, but I hope it's "E" for range extender, a metal air range extender.

Hmmm, so no Model X (or Model 3) tomorrow.

Maybe the focus will be on AWD Model S and drive assist. And maybe we're underestimating how far Tesla has come with drive assist? I don't know.

He did say that D was guessed "directionally" right, but scale was not appreciated. To me this, unfortunately, means explaining things that are exciting to engineers and driver enthusiasts to population at large, hoping that everybody get as excited as engineers and driving enthusiasts. It is, unfortunately, a loosing proposition. As I belong to the enginneers and driving enthusiasts group, I am super-excited about the dual motor AWD system, but at the moment, not so much for the stock. I certainly hope to be proven wrong...

He did say that D was guessed "directionally" right, but scale was not appreciated. To me this, unfortunately, means explaining things that are exciting to engineers and driver enthusiasts to population at large, hoping that everybody get as excited as engineers and driving enthusiasts. It is, unfortunately, a loosing proposition. As I belong to the enginneers and driving enthusiasts group, I am super-excited about the dual motor AWD system, but at the moment, not so much for the stock. I certainly hope to be proven wrong...

I wouldn't underestimate Elon. When he says things like "magnitude" we often have +$15 days out of nowhere. Either way, this is going to be fascinating to digest after market close tomorrow night, and another great chapter of progress for the company.

what goes with dual motors? my guess is a higher density battery pack will be introduced with the dual motors, using the new higher density cells.. might even be required. the "P 85 D" badging could have been to keep it under wraps. we'll know soon enough.. Elon has often said, "why not a 500 mile battery?" (other than cost of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.