Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd settle for something like,

Question X

Answer to Question X "I better be careful how I answer that question. Last month I said the stock was a good long term investment, but short-term movements are not so predictable, and that got reported as "Musk thinks TSLA is overvalued.""

How about "I have decided to stop commenting on Tesla's stock price and continue to focus my attention to our continued progress and achievements".

Just for the record, I agree. What I said before was only a failed attempt at dry humour.

I laughed at your post :) You never quite know with Elon, he might say something like that. No VP of Communications at Tesla as of right now, and no Deepak Ahuja next to him to cut him off like he's done so many times on the conference calls as Elon start to blabber.

If Elon says something that knocks down the stock price, yet you still believe in the future potential of the company, why is that a bad thing? Personally, I took advantage of it last time.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not believe that TM will go above 5C discharge rate on the battery (5 x capacity, i.e. 5x85=420kW).

Something to consider, until the motor is running near base speed, around 6K for the S I think, the current from the pack is lower than the current going to the motor. At lower RPM's the inverter is not sending high voltage to the motor, which means it's taking battery voltage x amps and converting it into higher amps x lower voltage to the motor. Current generates torque. So for the first second or two of a 0-60 run the existing pack may be able to send enough current to both motors to significantly decrease 0-60 times without exceeding the pack C rate.

I'd settle for something like,

Question X

Answer to Question X "I better be careful how I answer that question. Last month I said the stock was a good long term investment, but short-term movements are not so predictable, and that got reported as "Musk thinks TSLA is overvalued.""
And the media hears:
"Musk reiterates TSLA is overvalued."

Don't say the word stock or the symbol TSLA ever again, Elon. Don't. It's simple.

- - - Updated - - -

If Elon says something that knocks down the stock price, yet you still believe in the future potential of the company, why is that a bad thing? Personally, I took advantage of it last time.
As an investor, of sorts, I try to take advantage of the artificial volatility that such comments create.

Nonetheless, I think it's a bad idea for the Tesla and TSLA brands in a few different ways.

And the media hears:

Don't say the word stock or the symbol TSLA ever again, Elon. Don't. It's simple.

- - - Updated - - -

As an investor, of sorts, I try to take advantage of the artificial volatility that such comments create.

Nonetheless, I think it's a bad idea for the Tesla and TSLA brands in a few different ways.

Maybe Elon is just having a bit of fun playing with the stock going up or down at his will (or tweet).

He deserves to have some fun after all the hard work that he put in.

Maybe Elon is just having a bit of fun playing with the stock going up or down at his will (or tweet).

If he was an interested party but not an employee in a position of power and influence at Tesla, sure. As a ranking officer, not a good idea IMO.

Also I think he is and should have fun with things like the tweet teases about unveilings. Just stop talking about the stock; it comes across as both unprofessional and disruptive (IMO).

I don't think Elon should be muffled; I just think he should be selective about which topics he chooses to engage in.

I wouldn't put it that way, and I don't think he would either. Such fun is far from harmless for the real people out there putting money on the line because they believe in the company. And since I think he knows that, I can't believe he's playing, but rather he just can't resist answering honestly when he is asked a direct question.

If he was an interested party but not an employee in a position of power and influence at Tesla, sure. As a ranking officer, not a good idea IMO.

Also I think he is and should have fun with things like the tweet teases about unveilings. Just stop talking about the stock; it comes across as both unprofessional and disruptive (IMO).

I don't think Elon should be muffled; I just think he should be selective about which topics he chooses to engage in.

I wouldn't put it that way, and I don't think he would either. Such fun is far from harmless for the real people out there putting money on the line because they believe in the company. And since I think he knows that, I can't believe he's playing, but rather he just can't resist answering honestly when he is asked a direct question.

That is all true. When CEO drives sp up and down, such behaviour might affect how much people trust him.

After saying that I still think Elon is free to do as he pleases and investors can react accordingly.

I'm at the Hawthorne supercharger right now. Tesla employee says event will be outside at the airport. Enter from Crenshaw. I told him that I am picking up people from the airport, coming from the East Coast. I told him I know one person coming from Norway and that I hope that they won't be disappointed. He said that he thinks he will be pleased. He said it's going to be a big event.

I'm at the Hawthorne supercharger right now. Tesla employee says event will be outside at the airport. Enter from Crenshaw. I told him that I am picking up people from the airport, coming from the East Coast. I told him I know one person coming from Norway and that I hope that they won't be disappointed. He said that he thinks he will be pleased. He said it's going to be a big event.

wow. Nice.

besides a 0-60 demo and lane departure warning/ACC demo, I'd love to see autonomous steering/driving prototype demo. That would be impressive. Probably won't happen, but that would be great. Other car companies already have it. Tesla needs to be there too (at least as a reveal)

airport=airplanes=autopilot....

Last edited:
And the media hears:

- - - Updated - - -

Point was tonight's event is getting so much attention, it could be an opportunity to get his point out directly without the media filtering it. Yes, it could end up not working. I understand many of us don't like Elon discussing stock at all. For whatever reason for me it's more about wanting to see a response when the media twists facts.

zoid.jpg

Zoidberg wants MORE!!! - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.