Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earliest P85D delivery I found so far http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/anyones-p85d-being-built-or-delivered-yet?page=2

aisolani | November 26, 2014 It looks like I'm in luck...
My P85D is due for me to pick up at the Fremont factory (twenty miles or so from home) on December 1. Which happens to be my birthday. What are the odds? Am I close to first in line, or are there other P85D's slated for earlier delivery?
Glad be be less than a week from delivery and ready to celebrate my birthday in the front seat of a new car.
aisolani

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if we are going to see LOWEST trading volume today, @ 2:38pm EST, only 1.5 Million shares traded so far.

If TM can't execute on its own guidance quarter by quarter, how would people trust the "grand" plan laid down for 5 years and beyond? As an investor, we fully appreciate the vision of EM and very promising future of TM. But we do need TM to fullfill it's guidance step by step like production project, model X timeline and future gigafactory/mode 3 timelines etc.

We often overestimate what we can do in a year, and massively underestimate what we can do in a decade. That's what makes me excited about Tesla and why I don't mind missing short-term targets by a bit.

We often overestimate what we can do in a year, and massively underestimate what we can do in a decade. That's what makes me excited about Tesla and why I don't mind missing short-term targets by a bit.

So true! The next ten years will usher in the biggest changes in the automotive industry since the days of Henry Ford.

The freedom to try new things, make mistakes and suffer set backs is exactly what is needed to hasten transformation. If a company can't make tolerate mishaps, they waste far too much time in review processes. This is a key advantage that an innovative start up has over bureaucratic established competitors.

Last edited:
That's silly. Long term leaps can be traded in the short term and should be included in the short term thread.

So can stock be used to trade in/out of positions in the short term. So, technically trading stock can be talked about in the short term thread as well.

My comment was in response to the notion that missing Q4 guidance would not matter, it was just noise. It does matter in the short term (price and thread) but not in the long term as we all expect TM to be quite successful making TSLA rise in the long term.

Someone has reported his P85D finished production today. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...elivery-thread?p=823984&viewfull=1#post823984
It think this "earliest" batch P85D is well aligned with post Thanksgiving week delivery. Originally I thought December delivery timeline for P85D could be well towards end of December, but I'm wrong. Nice job done by TM to bring this awesome vehicle to customers at very early December. I speculate P85D will have good chance to boost the SP in December together with Nasdaq year end rally.

Earliest P85D delivery I found so far http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/anyones-p85d-being-built-or-delivered-yet?page=2

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if we are going to see LOWEST trading volume today, @ 2:38pm EST, only 1.5 Million shares traded so far.

It was fun to see Tesla on Jeopardy, but man did it look like a paid advertising spot injected into the game. I don't think it was paid, I don't know, but while it was fun to see as a Tesla fan, I'm not sure how it'll come off to the typical viewer.

OPEC could not agree to cut oil production today, resulting in a 6.8% drop in oil down to US$68.68/barrel. Should TSLA squeeze out a gain tomorrow (Friday) it will effectively show Mr. Market believes there is no co-relation between cheap oil and downward pressure on TSLA SP (which is what it should be, however contrary to what I expected at this point in time). Let's wait and see.
Date Oil % incr./decr. TSLA % incr./decr.
Nov. 21st +1.00% - 2.38%
Nov. 25th - 2.46% + 0.56%
Nov. 26th - 2.01% + 0.14%
Nov. 27th - 6.80% ?? (Nov.28th due to US Thanksgiving holiday NASDAQ closed)

Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbours.

Last edited:
OPEC could not agree to cut oil production today, resulting in a 6.8% drop in oil down to US$68.68/barrel. Should TSLA squeeze out a gain tomorrow (Friday) it will effectively show Mr. Market believes there is no co-relation between cheap oil and downward pressure on TSLA SP (which is what it should be, however contrary to what I expected at this point in time). Let's wait and see.
Date Oil % incr./decr. TSLA % incr./decr.
Nov. 21st +1.00% - 2.38%
Nov. 25th - 2.46% + 0.56%
Nov. 26th - 2.01% + 0.14%
Nov. 27th - 6.80% ?? (Nov.28th due to US Thanksgiving holiday NASDAQ closed)

Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbours.

Will be interesting to see. It seems like a prime manipulation day with the low volume expected (by me anyway) Might not be as much of an issue for Tsla but curious to see how much lower the Solars might be pushed. Here is to hoping everyone has a green day to end the week!

Happy Thanksgiving all

BMW not interested in buying stake in Tesla - Wirtschaftswoche

REUTERS 5:49 AM ET 11/28/14
FRANKFURT, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Germany's BMW is not interested in buying a stake in U.S. electric carmaker Tesla Motors(TSLA), German weekly WirtschaftsWoche reported on Friday, citing a BMW statement.
Earlier this week, a Tesla spokeswoman said there had been informal talks between the companies, but there were no plans to set up an alliance.

(Reporting by Harro ten Wolde; Editing by
Ludwig Burger)

FRANKFURT, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Germany's BMW is not interested in buying a stake in U.S. electric carmaker Tesla Motors(TSLA), German weekly WirtschaftsWoche reported on Friday, citing a BMW statement.
Earlier this week, a Tesla spokeswoman said there had been informal talks between the companies, but there were no plans to set up an alliance.

Ludwig Burger)
I don't remember any mention in the interview of bmw buying a stake in tesla nor tesla selling an interest

Ludwig Burger)

then be it. However, would anyone assume Elon is making false statements about a german carmaker, Tesla's possible collaboration and all this to a german newspaper?
I just read the article in the Wirtschaftswoche. The content can not be more negatively written.

http://www.wiwo.de/unternehmen/auto...-keine-zusammenarbeit-mit-tesla/11049292.html

then be it. However, would anyone assume Elon is making false statements about a german carmaker, Tesla's possible collaboration and all this to a german newspaper?
I just read the article in the Wirtschaftswoche. The content can not be more negatively written.

http://www.wiwo.de/unternehmen/auto...-keine-zusammenarbeit-mit-tesla/11049292.html

The article is a wonderful piece of selective editing. Firstly, nobody ever talked about BMW buying any stake in Tesla - that would not really work out number wise at the current stock price. So the article answers a question that nobody asked. I think a similarly sleazy headline would be "Connection between Elon Musk and ferguson shooting not confirmed" - classic FUD.

Secondly, the article confirms that BMW and Tesla did talk but - according to the article - that's no a big deal as "everybody talks to everybody all the time". So when it is all done, we know the two companies talked and that's pretty much the confirmation of BMW about just that. Nothing more nothing less. (ah, and then there is some FUD about Batteries not really being needed etc. but let's ignore that for now).

I don't remember any mention in the interview of bmw buying a stake in tesla nor tesla selling an interest

absolutely right. This article seems to be highly "Sie German" biased, gentlemen.

read this carefully (extract)
Nach dem Ausstieg von Daimler undToyota bei Tesla im Oktober wolle sich Musk offenbar mit dem Namen BMW schmücken, vermuten die Münchner: „Musk benutzt uns für PR-Zwecke.” BMW könne derzeit nicht erkennen, wie das Unternehmen von Tesla profitieren könnte, denn der junge Elektroautohersteller habe in keinem Bereich einen technischen Vorsprung.

translation:
after Daimler's and Toyota's exit (in terms of their stakes they sold) in october, it seems that Elon Musk wants obviously to dress up himself with the name (brand) BMW, people from Munich (BMW AG) are guessing: "Elon Musk is using us for PR purposes". BMW can currently not recognize how the company would profit from Tesla because the young EV manufacturer does not have a technological advantage in any single area.

"Elon Musk is using us for PR purposes". BMW can currently not recognize how the company would profit from Tesla because the young EV manufacturer does not have a technological advantage in any single area.

Wow. What ridiculous statements. BMW seems very annoyed by the fact that a new auto maker has come on to the 100 year old scene blowing the competition away like Usain Bolt in a sprint against old men, and with a much smaller R&D budget at that. And so they decide to try putting Tesla down with wild unfounded accusations, what a shameful conduct.

StreetInsider, that bastion of objective and reliable journalism, goes one further and says

BMW isn't interested in buying Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) shares, according to reports in Germany language Wirtschafts Woche. The report also said there are no negotiations on concrete cooperation with Tesla, contradicting prior statements from Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

If you click on the "prior" statements it makes none, but relies on Der Spiegel.

Status
Not open for further replies.