Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? I wouldn't bet on simple software release notes being the only item revealed at a Tesla press conference. He said no such thing.

I loved the comment he made that they are building a ton of hardware into the car and turning on features overtime through software. This is what most people don't understand about the potential of EVs. The hardware is the super cheap easy stuff. Car companies will differentiate themselves between services that their cars can offer to a consumer through software and hardware upgrades.

Elon adds that the first thing we try to do is establish a hardware platform so we can do continuous updates to the software. A lot of that will happen later this year. I have an announcement on Thursday, and I don’t want to get ahead of that.
He deflects Jen-Hsun’s kidding effort to ask if he want to share that news, There’s going to be a call on Thursday on what’s going to be in our next version for anyone that’s interested, that’s all”
- See more at: Live: Jen-Hsun Huang Kicks Off NVIDIA’s 2015 GPU Technology Conference | The Official NVIDIA Blog

What? I wouldn't bet on simple software release notes being the only item revealed at a Tesla press conference. He said no such thing.

Interesting that Phil LeBeau is practically live-tweeting select Elon comments (albeit taken out of context).

First it's a press 'call'. He just said it. Second, he also just said he'd say more about what Tesla was doing on software updates if he didn't have a press call on Thursday. Then went on to say it was about the contents of firmware version 6.2. He just said it at the Nvidia conference on stage, which apparently you just watched.

Will there be more to say on the call? Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.