Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop-up stores can be the "secret weapon". It was a single mention by elon in a conf call about ways to address demand. Not everything is going to be a giant announcement with a caterer. More, scaled down, mobile stores in under served markets is a perfectly viable answer for demand generation.

Looks like the market makers have left for the Hamptons early today. Might be a time to sell option premium and hold shares long, but I could of course be wrong. Trade carefully boys and girls.

I got a little toasted (OK, scorched) with weeklies the last three days. Was getting overconfident with some nice gains of late. Lesson learned again....So, I guess I really have not learned the lesson!:wink:

I got a little toasted (OK, scorched) with weeklies the last three days. Was getting overconfident with some nice gains of late. Lesson learned again....So, I guess I really have not learned the lesson!:wink:

Same here, put some small gambling money on the reoccurence of the LTR during the last days and did not have luck.
Well shorter term is a bit more like gambling, the longer the investment horzion, the less gambling;)
Still very happy with my longer term investments.
Good luck all and be careful.

Chowdhry: Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA)'s Mobile Container Store Is 'Phenomenal' And 'Remarkable' | Benzinga

"Secondly, people can try them," he added. "I think it is quite positive because of the hurdles that numerous regulation agencies have put in their path. Can you imagine, the most innovative car, made in USA, can't sell in USA? Imagine that. How stupid is that regulation? Imagine, the most innovative car is a USA car and you can't sell it in Texas? Why?"

Chowdhry said that Texas has made no attempt to keep Chinese-made products out of the state.

"You can sell made-in-China anything in America, but you can't sell made-in-America in America?" he questioned. "That pretty much tells you the regulatory environment and political environment in USA is pretty much screwed."

Texas even gives you a $2500 rebate on the cost of your new electric car purchase... if you buy it from a dealer. Therefore, i8 and Leaf buyers get the rebate, and money flows out of the country. But, import a Tesla from California to Texas... and you don't get the rebate. It's un-American.

Meanwhile... TSLA battled fiercely today and ended up half a percent. I'll take half a percent just fine... though, it's hardly like this point two years ago!!!

And so the battle of the three-day Memorial Day weekend begins.

In this corner, lean and mean from lots of late nights on the computer, pulling a container with a fold-out, portable Tesla store, is our hero Elon Musk.

And in the other corner, wearing oil-spill black, is the tag-team of fossil-fuel naysayers determined to churn out FUD in an attempt to trip up Tesla and bring red to the trading colors of TSLA on Tuesday morning.

How about a quick handshake, good, now to your corners and come out fighting!

And so the battle of the three-day Memorial Day weekend begins.

In this corner, lean and mean from lots of late nights on the computer, pulling a container with a fold-out, portable Tesla store, is our hero Elon Musk.

And in the other corner, wearing oil-spill black, is the tag-team of fossil-fuel naysayers determined to churn out FUD in an attempt to trip up Tesla and bring red to the trading colors of TSLA on Tuesday morning.

How about a quick handshake, good, now to your corners and come out fighting!

Baldbull.png

Mobile stores could be great to promote the entire Tesla product line

Imagine two containers with terrasses (open on 2 sides):
- "the garage" container, that shows a Model S/X parked and plugged-in a Powerwall
- "the home" container, equipped with solar panels that power the garage, where clients can discuss with sales reps.
- "the driveway", where a Model S can be tested on autopilot, and featuring a mobile Supercharger stall for demos

fa6abbdf4fcfdab923a2125d1480d573.jpg

Mobile stores could be great to promote the entire Tesla product line

Imagine two containers with terrasses (open on 2 sides):
- "the garage" container, that shows a Model S/X parked and plugged-in a Powerwall
- "the home" container, equipped with solar panels that power the garage, where clients can discuss with sales reps.
- "the driveway", where a Model S can be tested on autopilot, and featuring a mobile Supercharger stall for demos

View attachment 81712

Elon, can you sell me one of these pop up stores? I want it to be my home.

Also, what do people do at TMC connect. I just might be able to make it this year.

So I'm going to say the book may have its biggest affect next Tuesday as some people who don't really understand what Tesla and SpaceX are doing will see the light after finishing the book over the weekend. Perhaps we hit $260. Just speculating and keeping the position I have.

So I'm going to say the book may have its biggest affect next Tuesday as some people who don't really understand what Tesla and SpaceX are doing will see the light after finishing the book over the weekend. Perhaps we hit $260. Just speculating and keeping the position I have.

My Illinois Republican state representative David Harris sent me photocopies of the Bloomberg Businessweek excerpts from the Musk biographical book, which I found in yesterday's postal mail. I thanked Harris by email last night and he replied this morning with, "I found it fascinating reading. What a determined, creative genius. It's people like him and Steve Jobs that truly change the world!"

I ran against Harris in 2012, but we have since become friends. He knows that I am a Tesla Motors shareholder. The Illinois legislature has presented no roadblocks to Tesla. It's unfortunate that some state legislatures are still anti-free enterprise, anti-consumer, and beholden to Rent-seeking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia middlemen.

I don't think the biography will have any effect on TSLA. If it's bad stuff... the news is already out. If it's good stuff... not enough people read books these days, and there is already a ton of good vibe re: Mr. Musk the visionary, etc. and there won't really be anything new in the book, his life & career are already storied.

We should sort this out over a pint at The Elephant Room :)

Status
Not open for further replies.