Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again consuming 90 million barrels of crude oil per day cannot be a good thing, and they are mostly burned ,
And what is not burned ends up floating in the ocean eventually.

Yeah, it's depressing but another spill shouldn't surprise anyone. Spilling is in its nature and is probably essential to keep the cost of burning it reasonably low.

I hope this motivates a few more people to go electric. Enough ecosystems have been destroyed.

The Pop Up store this Friday in Santa Barbara is interesting considering Tesla is building a large store/service center right now, due to open soon, in Santa Barbara. The new Tesla store is across the street from BMW and next to Acura dealerships. Imagine this, as people are on the lot looking at BMW's, within their vision, across a narrow street, are Tesla's waiting to be test driven as well!

Yep, I was on the comments section of several local papers and as people were upset about the oil spill, I made sure to comment the opening of the Tesla store this Friday. Hey, it's Santa Barbara. We have money and we fiercely defend our beautiful city and beaches. I bet several people will go buy a Tesla this Friday so they feel they can be done with oil.

It's crazy that expectations are that spills are normal business, if you need some ammo for this read the attitude in the analysis of the proposed Keystone pipeline's oil spill potential.
Keystone Pipeline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think Pop up stores are a great idea, and I do actually think that fits the bill for the "demand secret weapon". Cheap to deploy, mobile, can target the midsize cities that don't have permanent stores. Even if you just kept to "legal" states there is a ton of outreach to be done.

I think Pop up stores are a great idea, and I do actually think that fits the bill for the "demand secret weapon". Cheap to deploy, mobile, can target the midsize cities that don't have permanent stores. Even if you just kept to "legal" states there is a ton of outreach to be done.

I like the idea of Tesla Motors Pop Up Stores.
This strategy works for Tesla because a potential customer is able to get in touch with a Tesla product in a Pop Up Store and later on he is able to order the product online.
Not all car manufacturers have online ordering processes for end customers already in place.

BTW I can imagine that Tesla Motors "demand secret weapon" is Tesla Motors taking part in worldwide Formula E racing series.
This will provide lots of free advertising around the globe, a strategy the company is currently using (e.g. relying on word of mouth).
This young racing series currently matures and next year manufacturers will be allowed to use their own chassis and propulsion system.
Model S battery pack is bigger (measured in kWh) than the packs used in the racing cars!

Last edited:
I like the idea of Tesla Motors Pop Up Stores.
This strategy works for Tesla because a potential customer is able to get in touch with a Tesla product in a Pop Up Store and later on he is able to order the product online.
Not all car manufacturers have online ordering processes for end customers already in place.

BTW I can imagine that Tesla Motors "demand secret weapon" is Tesla Motors taking part in worldwide Formula E racing series.
This will provide lots of free advertising around the globe, a strategy the company is currently using (e.g. relying on word of mouth).
This young racing series currently matures and next year manufacturers will be allowed to use their own chassis and propulsion system.
Model S battery pack is bigger (measured in kWh) than the packs used in the racing cars!

'The Demand Secret Weapon' is definately a question that should be asked at the Shareholder's Meeting: I am trying to put a list of questions together for the meeting:

Question: 'EM' have you deployed your secret demand weapon yet? If so, what was it? If not, can you give us a hint?'

EDIT: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...er-s-Meeting?p=1015560&viewfull=1#post1015560

I don't start many threads but the above one links to one asking for some help with questions for the upcoming shareholder's meeting

Last edited:
They need one at Ala Moana. Imagine the exposure they would get from international and mainland tourists plus local residents!

The beauty of the pop-up store is that Tesla could advertise the pop-up store event to bring in potential buyers without the advertising being considered advertising for the car (and setting off a bear demand attack).

So, Cramer's view of TSLA now is that it's a cult stock and since people will buy cult stocks simply because they like the car, the stock has the potential to go up and he doesn't want to stand in front of it. The metamorphosis of Cramer's view of Tesla has been fun to watch. He has now positioned himself to be right whether the stock goes up or down.

So, Cramer's view of TSLA now is that it's a cult stock and since people will buy cult stocks simply because they like the car, the stock has the potential to go up and he doesn't want to stand in front of it. The metamorphosis of Cramer's view of Tesla has been fun to watch. He has now positioned himself to be right whether the stock goes up or down.

In my view he's positioned himself to continue to repeatedly tell people not to buy the stock while he brushes off any rise in the stock price as a "cult" stock move. Of course, 25% of Tesla's stock is owned by insiders, 60% by institutions... is Cramer saying institutional investors are less professional than he is, so much so that they drink alleged "Tesla Kool-Aid"? We're just to take his word for this? (not that I think anyone hear takes Cramer at face value).

Ra is not pleased.

It has been speculated that the demand secret weapon is literally every single thing which has ever or could ever possibly exist....

"More stores" are not a new idea. They are not a secret weapon.

And tesla won't be in formula e any time soon, unfortunately. What I'd prefer more than that, anyway, is a battery swapping garage 56 entry in Le Mans.

Status
Not open for further replies.