Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see the video interview with CNBC here. I tuned out when the editor said he'd worked closely "for months" with the reporter on this "story":

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/la-times-responds-musk-204000605.html

i watched the video. Thx. I had problems getting it to play earlier.

The editor defended the article as factual.

My view is same as Musk's. It was a very unbalanced and sensational hit piece. My view is this is typical of some reporting that is simply clickbait.

You can see the video interview with CNBC here. I tuned out when the editor said he'd worked closely "for months" with the reporter on this "story":

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/la-times-responds-musk-204000605.html

Good you spared yourself the anguish. His ending line was I'm sure Elon Musk would agree that he is making High risk high tech companies with billions and billions of government money.

I struggle with how people fail to see the big picture of things. Without these companies the world and the US would be in worse shape. Between Tesla, Spacex, and Solarcity there are over 15,000 high skill labor jobs. That's just to add salt to the wound that... If we continue at the rate we are against the planet. EVERYTHING IS MOOT. We need to report that. There was that oil line leak and that didn't make that many rounds. Why not report on that. I'm glad this didn't have much bearing on shares. It just made the forces of bull and bear sides stronger in their beliefs.

- - - Updated - - -

LA times jr editor apparently responded to Musk interview. Haven't read response.
Defending subsidies, Elon Musk says he - LA Times

That's not even a response its a requote

I stupidly read the original article and just noticed he used Mark Spiegel a "hedge fund manager" as a source. I was done after that.

I also love how nobody ever reports that the companies were on the brink of bankruptcy when he poured all his personal wealth into the companies. Where were the government subsidies then? Oh right Detroit.

Last edited:
No posts in over 12 hours for the short term thread, is that a record? A sign? :scared: :wink:
My favorite is what gg_got_a_tesla says on 2/24/13 at the start of the short-term movement thread:
gg_got_a_tesla said:
I suspect that TSLA is not a "sexy" stock anymore given that the Model S is in full-blown production with few issues and profitability is just around the corner. It's funny how the market goes overboard about the 'potential' long before anything tangible happens - remember the surge to the high 30s for the first time some months ago when some Wunderlich chap simply noted that the factory's "coming along well"?! - and when something tangible does happen, folks flee for the exits.

I suspect that a long stint in the 30-38 range is on the cards with the possibility of ticking down given any major recalls.

So I'll rewrite that for my hopes of what happens next. I suspect that TSLA is not a "sexy" stock anymore given that the Model S is fully ramped up with the Model X and stationary storage just around the corner. It's funny how the market goes overboard about the "potential" long before eanything tangible happens - remember the surge to the high 200s for the first time last September for seemingly no reason. When something tangible does happen, folks flee for the exits.

I suspect that a long stint in the 200-250 range is on the cards with the possibility of ticking down given any Model X or Gigafactory delays.

Lets see if that works.

Big Oil turns on Big Coal, but not to save the planet : Renew Economy

It's life and death for oil and gas. In the struggle to survive O&G is breaking ranks with Coal.

The economics of fossil divestment is upon us. First OPEC buries marginal oil producers in a race to pump oil while they can. Now big European Oil and Gas is trying to bury Coal in the race not to be left with stranded assets.

This will only get uglier. Investors need to get out of this mess. I'm even thinking that I don't want much exposure even to grid solar and wind, because a huge generation glut is forming. There is no safety in front of the meter, not for natural gas, and not even for renewables.

How does this relate to Tesla and SolarCity? I can think of no better companies to be invested in when all the fossil fuels collapse and there is a massive generation glut.

Last edited:
Oh woops silly me. I think it really depends on the questions asked. Last year was a little silly especially the guy who wanted to be considered for Elon's CEO spot. I think there will be a ton of questions answered about Tesla Energy which will prove extremely helpful.

Yes, and the young short-term investor asking Elon what the stock price is going to do next week. I still shudder when I think about last year's questions.

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite is what gg_got_a_tesla says on 2/24/13 at the start of the short-term movement thread:

So I'll rewrite that for my hopes of what happens next. I suspect that TSLA is not a "sexy" stock anymore given that the Model S is fully ramped up with the Model X and stationary storage just around the corner. It's funny how the market goes overboard about the "potential" long before eanything tangible happens - remember the surge to the high 200s for the first time last September for seemingly no reason. When something tangible does happen, folks flee for the exits.

I suspect that a long stint in the 200-250 range is on the cards with the possibility of ticking down given any Model X or Gigafactory delays.

Lets see if that works.[/COLOR]

This is classic!

No posts in over 12 hours for the short term thread, is that a record? A sign? :scared: :wink:

I think a lot of people have been holding their breath on this run. Afraid to really say something one way or the other because it felt very painful reading the day to day movements as we kept going up and down... Mostly down... And ending off in the 180s. So I think people don't want to get too excited over the price, especially with quite a few things on the short term horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.