Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, re VERY short term TSLA price movements...

For years I've used Yahoo!Finance to watch stock prices. When viewing a whole list of stock quotes, the prices all auto-update fine, every second or so. But starting maybe 4-5 months ago, the quote on any specific stock's summary page no longer auto-updated every second. So apparently gone are the days of just having a browser window open to http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=TSLA to watch it change during the day.

What (free) websites do others use to view the TSLA price change from tick to tick?

Google Finance auto updates for me...

https://www.google.co.uk/finance?cid=12607212

The Nasdaq website has more detail but I find it a bit temperamental. Sometimes it auto updates and sometimes it doesn't.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/tsla/real-time

Analyst Recommendation: Andrea James/Dougherty&Company raises PT; Stifel

Dougherty maintains buy rating with $355 price target - up in premarket.

and I was about to send you guys this :wink:. Andrea James is raising her PT for the very first time since Feb 2014 from $325 to $355. Sorry, couldn't find any AJ's note yet.
Stifel's James Albertine reiterates his PT of $400.

and this is also worth to read: http://www.thelowdownblog.com/2015/06/elon-musks-growing-empire-receives.html

Attachments

• TSLA_ANR_06 05.bmp
    379.8 KB · Views: 732
  • TSLA_ANR_D&C_history.bmp
    379.8 KB · Views: 745
Andrea does it again - she is the first brave enough to put $$ to the energy storage part of Tesla business - $25 to be precise. I think this is just the beginning...

Kudos to Andrea James - who not only sees things before the rest of the crowd can, but also has courage to call things as she sees them.

StreetInsider digest of the note:

Dougherty & Co maintained a Buy rating on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) and raised its price target to $355.00 (from $330.00). The change is tied to an updated sum-of-the-parts analysis, which includes $25 for its energy storage business."In April, after three years of operating Tesla Energy in somewhat stealth mode, Tesla unveiled two energy storage products, and it appears that the company intends to do exactly that. CEO Elon Musk asserted that it is possible to power the entire world's energy needs by harnessing solar energy and storing it. Tesla would provide the "storage," which has been the missing piece of the solar puzzle," said analyst Andrea James.

"After speaking with a dozen experts and companies in this space, as well as conducting a nationwide survey of 30 solar panel installers, we believe that Tesla's entry into the grid storage market disrupts it. Tesla's primary advantage is in offering a turn-key solution, at scale and at favorable costs," continued the analyst.

James added, "Our new sum-of-the-parts price target is $355, which includes $330 for the automotive business and $25 for the energy storage business."

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on Tesla Motors click here. For more ratings news on Tesla Motors click here.
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $245.92 yesterday.

Google Finance auto updates for me...

https://www.google.co.uk/finance?cid=12607212

The Nasdaq website has more detail but I find it a bit temperamental. Sometimes it auto updates and sometimes it doesn't.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/tsla/real-time

Thanks for the tips. Google Finance's page auto-updates for a while but times out after maybe 2-3 minutes. I guess what I would really like is a little app or widget that I could tuck into a corner of the desktop that shows the live TSLA stock price. Anyone using such a thing (on a Mac)?

Thanks for the tips. Google Finance's page auto-updates for a while but times out after maybe 2-3 minutes. I guess what I would really like is a little app or widget that I could tuck into a corner of the desktop that shows the live TSLA stock price. Anyone using such a thing (on a Mac)?

I would like this too. My horribly crude method is to set stockcharts.com to refresh every 15s and slide the window down into the corner of my screen so I can see the numbers updating. I subscribe, so I am not sure if that works for free users.

Slow times around here, not getting my full "short term movements" fix this week. Shareholder meeting next week correct? I'm counting on Elon to give us something exciting to talk about. Not disappointed in the SP movement or lack of this week.

I subscribed to the thread today, since so little activity I kept coming back to the same screen. Nice movement with the 50K share purchase a few minutes ago.

And this also explains why she did not come out earlier with the new PT. The lady always does her research.

Elon doesn't sound worried. I'm betting Tesla has more orders than it could fill through 2016, and is in the middle of completing negotiating long term contracts and partnerships for a second Gigafactory, assuming one doesn't already exist. When Foxconn approached Apple, Apple basically had the same problem. Foxconn basically gave Apple a free factory, a significant discount on its supply chain, and thousands of employees. China plans for the long term. Tesla has a huge first mover advantage.

Tesla already works with Foxconn. Conceivably, Foxconn could have already built a factory for Tesla to use, and neither party would need to disclose it.

Last edited:
Analysts (except for Andrea James, it seems) are grossly underestimating the order book for stationary storage. JB Straubel has said himself many times that he's more excited about batteries than cars, and he's arguably the worldwide expert on EVs.

I'd like to hear the question asked at the shareholders' meeting about how many orders they've received for the Powerpacks, and how many 'deliveries' they will be able to make in 2016.

Analysts (except for Andrea James, it seems) are grossly underestimating the order book for stationary storage. JB Straubel has said himself many times that he's more excited about batteries than cars, and he's arguably the worldwide expert on EVs.

I'd like to hear the question asked at the shareholders' meeting about how many orders they've received for the Powerpacks, and how many 'deliveries' they will be able to make in 2016.[/
QUOTE]

This is on many people's lists of possible questions. Hopefully it gets asked and answered in the allotted Q and A time.

So I was at a sales center very recently and had a nice conversation with someone who had worked at tesla for over 2 years regarding the D line and 60 vs 70. I was told that the 70D demand was very very strong and was attracting new buyers. Given the large portion of P85 and P85+ on the CPO site I would suspect that there was a lot of trade-in business for the P85D. Will be interesting to hear from the company on the response to the 70D. I don't think many recognize that the 70D is a better value than the 60 and may result in a wider sales audience

So I was at a sales center very recently and had a nice conversation with someone who had worked at tesla for over 2 years regarding the D line and 60 vs 70. I was told that the 70D demand was very very strong and was attracting new buyers. Given the large portion of P85 and P85+ on the CPO site I would suspect that there was a lot of trade-in business for the P85D. Will be interesting to hear from the company on the response to the 70D. I don't think many recognize that the 70D is a better value than the 60 and may result in a wider sales audience

Yep, the 70D looks like such a great value, I just took delivery on one. Tesla's new entry-level Model S has enough range to comfortably tour America. If you think about the combination of the CPO program, the 70D, S85, 85D, and the P85D, the lineup gives consumers an impressive choice of Model S cars. I look at the S85 as kind of a specialty car now. It will mostly appeal to commercial operators who need a full-sized frunk to haul lots of luggage with their passengers. The lineup of D models is a great choice, with the 85D still quite popular, due to its very robust acceleration. The P85D hasn't lost its following either. There are no orphans in the lineup and I should know about orphans because I also own a 40kwh Model S. I see performance-car people who fell in love with the P85 but couldn't afford one now buying them in the CPO program. I'm immensely impressed with Tesla's marketing strategy these past few months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.