Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to see how the launch of the Beta software update will go this weekend. I'm confident Musk will keep his "Aug 15th" promise from the last CC. Hopefully some of the users will be able to share their experiences with the rest of us on the forum. Auto-steering is a big step towards fully autonomous driving, even if it's just on the highway for now.

I'm curious to see how the launch of the Beta software update will go this weekend. I'm confident Musk will keep his "Aug 15th" promise from the last CC. Hopefully some of the users will be able to share their experiences with the rest of us on the forum. Auto-steering is a big step towards fully autonomous driving, even if it's just on the highway for now.

Sorry, I'm behind. Auto-steering is coming this weekend?

Once the firm reaches sales of 100,000 cars or so, it will be able to self finance its growth.
100,000 cars at net profit of $10,000 per car amounts to about $1 billion profit per year.
That objective seems very likely by next year. The energy storage business should be
profitable from the outset. Once that objective is achieved, raising billions for model 3
will be easy.

I would add that, when the Gigafactory pilot (the first quarter, ~12.5 GWh) is complete, it will finance the rest of the Gigafactory build out to the tune of $500M to $750M per year. This assumes gross profit per kWh is in range of $40 to $60. This is enough incremental cash to fund capacity expansion at a rate of 12 to 18 GWh per year. Truly this is a pilot plant!

Sorry, I'm behind. Auto-steering is coming this weekend?

Just for beta users, or early adopters, and only on the highway. From what I understand it will be able to keep you from swerving in between lanes only on the highway without touching the wheel. Still some ways to go before updates come out allowing cars to fully steer, turn, change lanes, and maneuver in the city . However, this technology is coming much sooner than many are anticipating and the public will be pleasantly surprised at autonomous driving improvements once they're made public in the coming years.

This better be a "one and done." Their CFO better be damn sure no more money is required for a number of quarters. Just like the FED, they won't have any ammo (imho) if there is a crisis in the future. People won't be willing to buy more shares. The next issue will have to be when things are looking much better. This is one wild ride. Cash on sidelines ready to deploy if/when some public relations issues (supercharging/rollout delays/drivetrain) are at least addressed. I applaud the Tesla longs willing to ride this out. You deserve to be rewarded.

Lastly oil. Oil has to stop going down. I don't agree low oil prices have no impact on Tesla. The general public cannot see the advantages of an electric vehicle over gas guzzlers if the price of oil is next to nothing. I believe Elon agrees that low oil isn't helping.

I would suggest re-reading the Secret Master Plan. My read of it tells me that Elon will continue to push reckless growth as hard as he can. Other than motivating employees I don't think he really cares much if the stock goes to $400 next year or in four years due to added dilution.

in other words, I expect additional dilutive fundraising in next 6 quarters if there is opportunity for more growth (new factory in EU or Asia, new GF, etc.). I definitely do not expect Tesla to self-finance Model 3

A quick note, if oil went to $1 a barrel, congress would get off their ass and very actively raise gas taxes to pay for infrastructure. You can debate at what price levels and what tax amounts, but no way in hell would policy makers let that opportunity go.

I'm sure the beta users will be under an NDA. We haven't heard from a single one in the past.

I am joining the short term doom and gloom club. I just sold some Jan/16 calls I bought when the stock was in the 180's. So I did well with those (although should of sold pre earnings and would of done 25% better or more). Anyhow I really think the next quarterly meeting will be bad , strictly do to a delay in model X. So I wanted some cash around to buy when that happens. I think traders who want the stock cheap will pile in driving the stock down , knowing that in 6 months times, a delay in model x really means nothing. I see the stock declining even if they hit 50 000 deliveries this year. On the flip side is if the model X gets the best press ever, or if there is a 'surprise' built in which electrifies the press this could be a bad move. Even if the model x is amazing I do not see the market picking up on it for a few weeks post launch when some magazines and reporters actually get a chance to drive it, which i feel will be way after Q3. I do not feel the 'configuration screen of the X appearing will bump the stock significantly, like a lot of people here do.

Status
Not open for further replies.