Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad they did not. I do not believe it would have been ethical to have that knowledge and raise the money. I believe institutional investors and small investors would be angry and suspicious in the future. I don't believe musk would act like that

Agree. This is an "honest" offering. WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). After being honest in the CC about where we are right now and giving realistic "forward looking statements" the buyers of this offering will be long investors (in it for the long haul). So in a sense it will stabilize the stock. Elon wants this - he feels the wild swings are a distraction to the employees and he doesn't want all the focus on Tesla Motors to be about TSLA.

I think Tesla will announce tomorrow that Google and Apple will be investing $1B each in Tesla, in exchange for fee-free use of all of Tesla's patents, as well as free access to utilize the Supercharge network for all Apple and Google vehicles. Tesla will also announce they have entered a partnership to supply Apple and Google with battery tech for their upcoming vehicles.

May explain the timing/amount of today's offering potentially. A man can dream.

I think Tesla will announce tomorrow that Google and Apple will be investing $1B each in Tesla, in exchange for fee-free use of all of Tesla's patents, as well as free access to utilize the Supercharge network for all Apple and Google vehicles. Tesla will also announce they have entered a partnership to supply Apple and Google with battery tech for their upcoming vehicles.

Heh, wow. I'll take the other side of that bet.

Such speculation leads me to another speculation: Larry Paige and Elon Musk are described as good friends. LP and EM are sharing a beer ( pizza..wing walking) and LP says...
'Yo, Bro...Gonna be starting an umbrella company for Google that allows us to promote visionary CEOs with world changing start ups....I just want to invest a couple billion here or there. Interested?' EM: 'Yeah, next round on me'.:love:

Hello... Now TSLA seems to recovery... and I see target $260 as previously stated... this will be resistance. But first we need to pass $246 for confirmation.

As for AAPL if anybody interested - my downside target is $86... :)

this is my TSLA chart for target to $150, but hopefully not:
TSLA possible $150 - TSLA TradingView
It was published when price was $286 ;)

this is my AAPL chart:
AAPL should go short ? - AAPL TradingView
published 4 months ago - apple falling is NOT surprise to me :) They only consolidated 4 months before falling ;) damn they !

please ignore other (later) chart that AAPL is rather LONG and because I was wrong then. It was because of quick recovery from $120 to $132 and then many people though it will break to upside ;)

Always FIRST though is THE BEST :)
And conclusion is: I was good to see both TOPS on Tesla and Apple.... Now I have to check if I'm good in price range target.

Last edited:
Such speculation leads me to another speculation: Larry Paige and Elon Musk are described as good friends. LP and EM are sharing a beer ( pizza..wing walking) and LP says...
'Yo, Bro...Gonna be starting an umbrella company for Google that allows us to promote visionary CEOs with world changing start ups....I just want to invest a couple billion here or there. Interested?' EM: 'Yeah, next round on me'.:love:

It really can be that simple - right?

I don't see why the capital raise can't be linked back to Model X complications. Even though they stated the raised money isn't earmarked for the Model X, they made have had to dig too much into existing funds and needed the capital raise to stay afloat on other ventures further in the future.

Hopefully Tesla just gave the middle finger to the tier1 suppliers noted in the GCR article, is using completely different suppliers, and nothing at all is delayed on the MX ramp-up. GIven that they de-risked the Gigafactory by prepping two sites simultaneously until construction began, perhaps they secretly kept negotiations up with more than one set of contractors for essential parts.

Oil prices can and probably will continue to decline. Stranded Assets not accounted for + declining demand + margin calls/panic among any entity with overexposure to oil + too many speculators. Does a bottom exist?

If crude oil falls to $1 a barrel, the price to consumers and companies probably won't be adjusted to reflect this change in the price. Gasoline will never fall below $1 per gallon, for a number of reasons.

Last edited:
That's because of our unique requirements in refining a special blend that isn't sold anywhere outside of CA. Diesel has been dropping a lot while gas has been going up, i think because diesel in CA is the same as diesel in the rest of the country.

Ive been wondering why diesel has been so much cheaper than gas. Our main long distance vehicle until we get a Tesla is a diesel (BMW 335D).

I don't see why the capital raise can't be linked back to Model X complications. Even though they stated the raised money isn't earmarked for the Model X, they made have had to dig too much into existing funds and needed the capital raise to stay afloat on other ventures further in the future.

Hopefully Tesla just gave the middle finger to the tier1 suppliers noted in the GCR article, is using completely different suppliers, and nothing at all is delayed on the MX ramp-up. GIven that they de-risked the Gigafactory by prepping two sites simultaneously until construction began, perhaps they secretly kept negotiations up with more than one set of contractors for essential parts.

Tesla doesn't really need the capital that they will raise based on their current cash position (right now that is, they could have raised when the stock is higher). Which makes me think: what if the capital raise was to spook the tier 1 suppliers into compliance? Tesla can threaten to simply buy them out and get rid of those who are causing trouble. Crazy speculation, I know, but I don't see why not.

i think because diesel in CA is the same as diesel in the rest of the country.

Types of Motor Fuel Consumed in California:

The state's air quality standards limit the types of motor fuels sold for vehicles to:

• EPA Low Sulfur Diesel: Diesel fuel with sulfur content less than .05% by weight. EPA diesel cannot be sold within California. EPA diesel produced in California is exported to neighboring states.
  • CARB Low Sulfur Diesel: Diesel fuel which meets specifications set by the California Air Resources Board (CARB). This fuel is widely available throughout California

http://energyalmanac.ca.gov/gasoline/types_of_gasoline.html

Trip Chowdhry is at again but this time with Apple silliness

Having taken over the devices on our desks and in our pockets, Apple might be moving onto an even bigger screen: the car windshield.
The world’s most valuable company is “very likely” working on a 27- to 50-inch head-up display, a technology most famously used by jet pilots, that could project vivid icons and information for drivers while on the road, a tech analyst with Global Equities Research said Thursday morning.
Apple might be bringing fighter-jet technology to car windshields - The Washington Post

Gasoline is still $4.00 per gallon in Southern California.

California may have issues but the spread between gasoline and crude has been growing for the last 5 years. In the last 6 months, wholesale gasoline (UGA) is up 1% while crude oil (USO) is down 29%.

I suspect that verically integrated oil companies are making up for low crude prices by adding margin refining. So long as drivers keep buying their gas at these retail prices why should they lower them? This is in fact one of the key advantages of vertical integration. When one link in the supply chain is unprofitable, you make up for it elsewhere in the supply chain. Why would the oil oligarchs want it any other way?

You can almost hear them snickering when bozos buy their trucks and SUVs thinking that with the price of oil coming down it just makes sense. Here's a clue: gas won't come down until consumers are willing to switch to plug in vehicles.

I suspect that verically integrated oil companies are making up for low crude prices by adding margin refining.

In 1984 there were 43 active oil refineries in CA. Today there are 17. At first the CA Oil Refinery lobby was adamantly against CARB efforts to clean up gasoline and diesel.

What they found out is only a few companies in the world had the chemical engineering chops to meet the standard. As standards got tougher companies dropped out of the competition, CA gasoline market became more isolated, the margin between demand and capacity became smaller. Profit margins grew. Now they stay out of the way of tougher gasoline/diesel regulations or actively lobby for them.

Meanwhile at the retail level tougher requirements to prevent gas/diesel from seeping from storage tanks into soil and ground water have become tougher and tougher.In the aughties it took the average gasoline station $1M to remove old outdated storage tanks and replace them with new compliant storage tanks. Many preferred to get out of the business.Today, there are approximately 13,500 gasoline stations in CA. I don't know how many have closed in the last 30 years but I would say at least twice that number as the population has grown. That spells higher prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.