Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The autopilot release has caught a lot more attention than I anticipated. Over 1.2M views on one video and thousands more on others. Almost all of the comments are positive and a lot of them read along the lines of "wow that is so cool. makes me want one even more." This plays right into Tesla's strategy: worry about making the product as good as possible, and the customers will come on their own. Very excited to see how quickly Tesla can develop further AP upgrades with the help of 1.5M driving miles per day on the system.

Guys: this is one of those information advantage arbitrage situations that we constantly look for in short term trading. Mark my words: it will take some time for this to sink in with the market and the average investor. To most this will be surprising news. To us it's not news (but very cool to get the nitty gritty details). The autopilot functions themselves, the integration in the car UI and especially the crowdsourcing and 10s of thousands of cars out gathering data every day is HUGE! Just wait until the first analyst puts a value on this.

If TSLA opens up 1% and trades flat the whole day tomorrow; please don't doubt yourselves - this is one of those situations where we have a jump on the market (information and understanding wise)! With TSLA having slid below $220 I was a buyer today (of LEAPs). Good luck all!

Johan, so far the market is supporting your thesis. Thanks for sharing!

Johan, so far the market is supporting your thesis. Thanks for sharing!

Just watched some of the videos showing up on YouTube (I can really recommend the one from Dragtimes/Brooks/fiksegts).

This has me very excited. I stand 100% behind my earlier statement: this is the start of something very big. I know a lot of people may have been thinking Elon's been hyping this, it was late etc. etc. But at the end of the day when they write the history of automobiles in the 21st century this will be another milestone, one of several by Tesla in recent years.

How about a "Ricer" mode complete with obnoxious noisy exhaust sounds?

In all seriousness, I think for minimal cost they could capture sales with this. A big a** bass speaker and a regular speaker near the tail, and possibly a bass speaker pointed inward or otherwise configured as a thing which shakes your car/seat. Normally it would just be off, but a user could configure it to make normal, BMW-ish, racer-ish, mercedes-ish types of engine noise. Hell, you could simulate gear shifting with accompanying tone shifts. Auto makers already artificially tune/augment their engine noises. For people who just have to have the visceral power feeling that comes from the inefficiency/waste of an ICE, just simulate it. It would be amusing to simulate an engine screaming and changing gears have people do ludicrous starts with and without the engine noise. Show a gearhead this "new german supercar" with sounds on, then freak them out by turning it off and saying, kidding it was electric.

Since many jurisdictions are legislating "noisemakers" anyway, just make a good noisemaker and make it a feature. (Disclosure, I would not use such a dumb thing)

In all seriousness, I think for minimal cost they could capture sales with this. A big a** bass speaker and a regular speaker near the tail, and possibly a bass speaker pointed inward or otherwise configured as a thing which shakes your car/seat. Normally it would just be off, but a user could configure it to make normal, BMW-ish, racer-ish, mercedes-ish types of engine noise. Hell, you could simulate gear shifting with accompanying tone shifts. Auto makers already artificially tune/augment their engine noises. For people who just have to have the visceral power feeling that comes from the inefficiency/waste of an ICE, just simulate it. It would be amusing to simulate an engine screaming and changing gears have people do ludicrous starts with and without the engine noise. Show a gearhead this "new german supercar" with sounds on, then freak them out by turning it off and saying, kidding it was electric.

Since many jurisdictions are legislating "noisemakers" anyway, just make a good noisemaker and make it a feature. (Disclosure, I would not use such a dumb thing)

The BMW i8 we're driving has engine sound augmented and I find it very cheesy. Can't wait to sell it and get back into a Model S. Going to Orlando Tesla tomorrow at 11:00 am for a test drive in a P90D / Ludicrous with enabled Autopilot.

I'm seeing alerts of downgrades by Baird and Barclays that just came through but I can't find any more info -- anyone have some?

Edit: this could be robots re-hashing prior downgrade news. I'm not sure.

I'm going to lose respect for Ben Kallo if Baird makes back-to-back downgrades a week apart on no real news. I think shorts are sensing the sentiment change and are busting out their dirty tricks to try to cover while we're still at 220.

Status
Not open for further replies.