Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is mostly short's covering. If I were a short and did my play at about $230, I would take profit. Being greedy on either side of a trade is what moves your portfolio lower. I have never shorted a stock but I have certainly been hit by the 'greedy bug' before and lived to regret it.

Tomorrow will be interesting. MBLY reports before market open and TSLA at market close.

I think this is mostly short's covering. If I were a short and did my play at about $230, I would take profit. Being greedy on either side of a trade is what moves your portfolio lower. I have never shorted a stock but I have certainly been hit by the 'greedy bug' before and lived to regret it.

Tomorrow will be interesting. MBLY reports before market open and TSLA at market close.

And the next day....
And the next day....
And the next day....

My brain is too twisted at this point, I'm going let it all happen and just go outside and play!

It's 90 degrees here today and expected that way the rest of the week. I'm more confident of that than the TSLA SP!

Also:
After less than one week of the official release of version 7 update in Asia, the Hong Kong Transport Department has officially issued a press release and a warning letter to the vehicle manufacturer. The letter requested the manufacturer to remove the update and take follow up action to the owners who have already updated the software roll back to the version without this new autopilot feature.

Also: http://insideevs.com/hong-kong-transport-department-pulls-plug-tesla-version-7-auto-pilot-feature/
Bureaucrats will bureaucrat...

Bureaucrats will bureaucrat...
The best kind of correct. :wink:

Porsche pulled into VW emissions-cheating scandal with new EPA charges - LA Times

The Clean Air Act violation notice issued Monday covers about 10,000 diesel passenger cars sold in the U.S. since model year 2014. It also includes an unknown number of 2016 vehicles.

"VW has once again failed its obligation to comply with the law to protect clean air for all America," said Cynthia Giles, assistant administrator for the EPA's Office for Enforcement and Compliance Assurance.

Last edited:
I don't have numbers, but my sentiment is summed up in this post by "BigSpooky" on Reddit. He is much more articulate:

Big Spooky states:

Chanos is a truly brilliant investor. I know for people who have not been around a while he might seem like
just another hedge fund ******* but thats about as far from the truth as you can get ...

You are now officially part of the "Tales Of The Future (TFTF)" club.

Crap! I blinked!
2 weeks ago I added a lot of TSLA shares to my long position. I had another order for 340 shares with a buy limit of $200/share that I expected us to hit after ER Wednesday. But the run up today got me to jump in with 200 shares at the current price. In the past, it seemed like we would have a run up going into the ER, and then a fall a day or two later. But this time, with everyone expecting a miss, I worry that the stock could go up 10% after ER if the news is good, so I decided to give up a few percentage points and buy some today so I don't miss the boat. We will see if it comes back down tomorrow. I have another buy order set for $200, and another at $180 should things get really ugly after the ER. Like everyone here likes to mention, I think a lot of Wallstreet forgets about the battery storage business, and the stock could climb if Elon says they expect a lot of income from it next year.

So, I speculated a little gamble today: sold 10 TSLA to buy 75 SCTY. Both stocks went up about a dollar, so I traded the loss of a $10 gain for a $75 gain. OK, minus charges and very approx. Still, I feel SCTY is now undervalued, long term, and TSLA may well drop some, short term. And I wanted to increase my SCTY holdings. Going Long in both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.