Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Q3 shareholder letter proves model S demand issue is wrong. I'm more than happy to buy loads of shares between 220-223 in AH. Even I miss the bottom, but I feel a lot more comfortable buying in 22x instead of 20x. I'm planing to add call position too once IV crushed tomorrow. Of course my PUT position will take hit tomorrow, and I'll manage to unload them before IV crush.

As many of you know I went all in just before the MX launch. Since then I have held all positions and patiently waited on the sidelines, fully vested (even grabbed a bit more last week, $10k worth.) So if this holds and grows it will be a monumental turnaround for us! From $160k to $30k and now hopefully back into six figures soon again.
Great! I'm very happy for you!

We will see when EV cells are rolling off the Nevada production line (I don't see the urgent need since there is no Model3 coming soon). They stationary cells would be needed earlier since Tesla once announced PowerWall sales for "summer 2015".
Tesla is always late.

But even if you are right every time when you call them out on their delays, you are missing the larger point. They do not back down from their main goals. They always achieve them, and in many ways exceed them, just consistently later than originally announced. So what? As long as they don't go bankrupt, that's all that is needed in the long run for people who share your evaluation to lose money while consistently being right, and for the rest of us to make money while ignoring reality (where by "right", I mean "wrong", and by "ignoring" I mean "understanding").

Agree. I started buying only after glancing through the first few lines of shareholder letter. It resolve most of my worries towards ER.

The market disagrees. This report completely assuages almost all of the fears of major shareholders going into this evening. And when I say major, I mean that funds large and small will be buying back in for long-term holds on this report, the call tonight, and the analyst upgrades to follow.

The skies are clearing and revealing sweet, sweet revenue, cashflow and margin growth. These are the seeds of very profitable investments.

We will see when EV cells are rolling off the Nevada production line (I don't see the urgent need since there is no Model3 coming soon). They stationary cells would be needed earlier since Tesla once announced PowerWall sales for "summer 2015".

The big topics remain cash burn in coming quarters and missing earlier lowered targets (Tesla will only barely reach 50-52k units in 2015). Expect a major capital raise as long as the stock is getting pumped even after another dismal quarter...what for example happened to being cash-flow positive by Q1 2016?

I know it stings man, but take it like a champ. I was wrong, and so were you. It's time to cover and get long.

The big topics remain cash burn in coming quarters and missing earlier lowered targets (Tesla will only barely reach 50-52k units in 2015). Expect a major capital raise as long as the stock is getting pumped even after another dismal quarter...what for example happened to being cash-flow positive by Q1 2016?

I'm sorry but what part of "we're going to spend staggering amounts of money" do you not understand? They mentioned cash-flow projections on the call previously, they will likely do the same today.

The straws that you are clutching to are not just short, they are imaginary.

I know it stings man, but take it like a champ. I was wrong, and so were you. It's time to cover and get long.

I don't care about daily stock gyrations (regular trading or AH) in my long-term positions. SCTY went down like crazy and now TSLA up like crazy following the latest reports - both after dismal quarters.

The fact remains that Tesla is burning a lot of cash and can only barely make the lowered guidance of 50k or so cars for 2015.

I don't care about daily stock gyrations (regular trading or AH) in my long-term positions. SCTY went down like crazy and now TSLA up like crazy following the latest reports - both after dismal quarters.

The fact remains that Tesla is burning a lot of cash and can only barely make the lowered guidance of 50k or so cars for 2015.

You're extremely salty.

BOTTOM LINE: Tesla will meet its goal of of increasing sales 50% YOY and is highly confident of growing AT LEAST an additional 66% over the next year.

That fact remains to be seen.

They are not burning cash. They are investing. The question is are they investing wisely or foolishly? This is where the fundamental difference in viewpoint is. This is the only thing worth debating. Anything else follows this stance.

The only reason the short vs. long view are so far apart and vehemently opposed when it comes to TSLA is their extremely aggressive growth trajectory, with the capital deployment that goes with it makes for the whole story to be either extremely promising or extremely ridiculous, all based on your outlook.

Amazon has also been burning lots of cash for the majority of its existence. It's not the only measure of success, and in fact cash burn is the very reason the stock market exists--to generate cash. I'm not sure why investors forget this fact sometimes.

The cash burn is only a problem if it's unanticipated and/or gets no results. Tesla is far above positive year over year and month over month growth, and they've been never once stated they'll be consistently cashflow positive for many years to come.

It's nice seeing our growing club of followers on here, over 250 people browsing this thread actively now...I remember when 100 seemed like a lot.

this earnings report makes the writing on the wall ever more clear for shorts that another game of musical chairs is drawing near for them. Those that refuse to play willbe left with large paper losses hoping that some competition comes in and brings the stock back down below 200 again one day which I doubt will ever happen (just as once we went from 40 to 100+ A few years back we never went below 50 again like many shorts were hoping).

Tesla is "burning" a lot of cash today at 230. Tesla was "burning" a lot of cash at 40. And Tesla will be "burning" a lot of cash at 500. Thats what happens with a business growing as fast as Tesla. But, HANG IN THERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.