Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No position, but Tesla does look awefully strong at the moment from a trading perspective. The dip today is likely an attempt by the big boys to get very long the stock. If I had $ to invest, I would put some into TSLA at the moment. I am shocked it didn't go under $200.00 and see this as a positive sign for the stock. In addition, Musk seems to be addressing some of the issues that were pissing me off about the brand. Good luck.

Five posts from last night deleted.
Keep it civil, try to keep on topic, and try not to make Moderators' jobs too difficult. Thanks.

Carry on.

(They're over in Snippy for all you gawkers)

Last edited:
Keep it civil, try to keep on topic, and try not to make Moderators' jobs too difficult. Thanks.

Carry on.

Aaaawwwwww, Audubon, Couldn't you just replace the bad words with @%$$&! or **** so we can guess what they say? Shuckey Durn Anyway! You take yourself too seriously :biggrin:.

Maybe just move to Off Topic or Snippiness areas, but then we need to know where to look. Or where NOT to look, right?

Hey, good job. Hard to train all these peeples.

Carry on.

Aaaawwwwww, Audubon, Couldn't you just replace the bad words with @%$$&! or **** so we can guess what they say? Shuckey Durn Anyway! You take yourself too seriously :biggrin:.

Maybe just move to Off Topic or Snippiness areas, but then we need to know where to look. Or where NOT to look, right?

Hey, good job. Hard to train all these peeples.

Strange price action today. It's as if someone really wants it to peg it at $230 today. Options expiration manipulation I suppose
of course option expiration date possible explanation but i find on days where market really performing well tesla lags or drops. i have heard it referred to as an ATM stock. when everyone wants to buy the large established company stocks, they use their tsla holdings as an atm to raise the funds

Another Tesla killer!

Porsches Tesla-fighting Mission E concept car gets green light for production | The Verge

It's like sitting at a 15' long dinner table with a feast and currently Tesla is the only one there to eat. And why is it a problem that others are coming to join them? I mean good grief, isn't there plenty of EV interest to go around? Why does every other EV effort have to be classified as a "Tesla" killer?

Headlines should read:

Porsche's ICE-fighting Mission E concept car gets green light for production

Last edited:
More pictures on Autoblog. Porsche Mission E set for launch by 2020 The Porsche looks very nice. Of course, it is a show car. It's too low and the suicide doors look huge and impractical. But, if it has good range and price is should sell well. I look forward to more EV players.

It is a PHENOMENAL looking car. What's curious here is that not only Tesla going to have a Model S,X,3, and Y in their portfolio by 2020, but they'll probably (maybe) have a new roadster in the works. Curious to see where the Mission E slots within Tesla's line up. If it's really a performance car first, then the new roadster will be a closer direct comparison, which if the numbers they are listing don't change, it's going to be significantly slower than the new roadster (P90DL currently at 2.6 per motor trend. Won't be hard to see a performance-first Tesla car reach 2.2 or 2 flat).

It is a PHENOMENAL looking car. What's curious here is that not only Tesla going to have a Model S,X,3, and Y in their portfolio by 2020, but they'll probably (maybe) have a new roadster in the works. Curious to see where the Mission E slots within Tesla's line up. If it's really a performance car first, then the new roadster will be a closer direct comparison, which if the numbers they are listing don't change, it's going to be significantly slower than the new roadster (P90DL currently at 2.6 per motor trend. Won't be hard to see a performance-first Tesla car reach 2.2 or 2 flat).

Sorry, but I have to mention this. I do not understand why people fall for this again and again. Same as with the Not-At-All-Tesla-Killer-Bolt (btw I think that the use of killer is inapropriate in this context of cars). I stood next to the Porsche mule at IAA in Frankfurt. This is a belly button car. This car is so flat, nobody fits in between the battery in the floor and the ceiling of the car. Everybody who tried to sit in the car had issues to get in and out of the car as it is way too flat for people to use. It is these proportions that makes the car look great on all these press releases. It is a plastic show car. Made to appeal on press releases for marketing purposes. Nothing more than that. Sorry. It is not a feasability study for demonstrating their battery tech or their inverter tech or their engine tech or their charging tech or their AWD tech, or .......... nothing.

Sure this is a nice car, cause it is 100% fantasy, I could imagine we will never see production of that vehicle:(What the hell will Porsch say that is important in 2019 or 2020, maybe that EVs are bad an by the end of next decade FC will be the next big thing and in the meantime selling all these great turbo ICE engines for years and years and years.

Sorry farzyness, I agree it is a nice looking car.
But unfortunately it is nothing more than that:(

Last edited:
Another Tesla killer!

Porsches Tesla-fighting Mission E concept car gets green light for production | The Verge

It's like sitting at a 15' long dinner table with a feast and currently Tesla is the only one there to eat. And why is it a problem that others are coming to join them? I mean good grief, isn't there plenty of EV interest to go around? Why does every other EV effort have to be classified as a "Tesla" killer?

Headlines should read:

No. With those specs, as nice as the Porsche concept looks, the headlines should read:
"Porsche's 2020 challenger to the 2012 Tesla Model S gets green light for production".

"We won't know for some time how much of this cutting-edge tech will actually arrive on the production version, but building the Mission E will coincide with 700-million euros ($765 million) in updates to the Porsche factory in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. In the coming years, the company will upgrade its engine factory to assemble electric motors. The automaker will also add a new paint shop, assembly plant, and enlarged body shop there."

Ah, so Tesla in 2012. Good luck with your in-house EV startup.

Sorry, but I have to mention this. I do not understand why people fall for this again and again. Same as with the Not-At-All-Tesla-Killer-Bolt (btw I think that the use of killer is inapropriate in this context of cars). I stood next to the Porsche mule at IAA in Frankfurt. This is a belly button car. This car is so flat, nobody fits in between the battery in the floor and the ceiling of the car. Everybody who tried to sit in the car had issues to get in and out of the car as it is way too flat for people to use. It is these proportions that makes the car look great on all these press releases. It is a plastic show car. Made to appeal on press releases for marketing purposes. Nothing more than that. Sorry. It is not a feasability study for demonstrating their battery tech or their inverter tech or their engine tech or their charging tech or their AWD tech, or .......... nothing.

Sure this is a nice car, cause it is 100% fantasy, I could imagine we will never see production of that vehicle:(What the hell will Porsch say that is important in 2019 or 2020, maybe that EVs are bad an by the end of next decade FC will be the next big thing and in the meantime selling all these great turbo ICE engines for years and years and years.

Sorry farzyness, I agree it is a nice looking car.
But unfortunately it is nothing more than that:(

I think you and I are exactly on the same page - I was strictly talking about the looks.

Another Tesla killer!

Headlines should read:

Or even better: "Tesla Motors is currently mass producing a Porsche Mission E killer."

Which sounds more plausible?

Status
Not open for further replies.