Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the comment about Solar City has to do with where Tesla is going to prioritize the initial sales. Tesla probably needs to initially prioritize the highest cost and highest profit units, to make it possible for consumers to get the lowest cost possible price. Basically, Solar City probably won't be significantly involved with the initial sales of Tesla's battery storage. Even if Solar City could, it wouldn't be a good idea for Solar City to get the initial units. I'm thinking about the Powerwall and Powerpack as being subject to a bidding process, where all distributors will have access to the units. It would be unwise for Elon to undercut himself, and consumers.

I'm thinking about Tesla Motors as being the same as Apple. Solar City, Sunpower, Nissan, DirectTV, various utilities, and any companies that are partnered with Tesla, will probably act as distributors, that subsidize the final cost to consumers, in a similar way Verizon, T-Mobile, At&T, and cellular providers, subsidize the sale of cell phones. Initially, the iPhone was exclusive to AT&T. This wasn't primarily to drive demand, but was rather because of production constraints that limited how many iPhones Apple could sell, and carrier subsidies. I think many people don't understand that Apple and carriers worked together to accelerate the development and massive updating of the network, and the deployment of new and better technology. The iPhone was and still is a practical, and popular way of doing it. It would make a lot of sense for Tesla to work with its partners (there are many) to inform the public about the product, and to accelerate the deployment of battery storage.

I think Solar City wasn't clear about when Solar City would be selling the Powerwall/Powerpack.

Just my guess.

Last edited:
Interesting tidbit from the live stream: JB said he would be very surprised if batteries doesn't cost $100/kwh at the end of decade (2020).

:smile:

Great. In early March, Andrea James said she'd been told this by Tesla. I didn't doubt her statement, but it's nice to now have this completely ignored very substantial development discussed by JB.

I think the comment about Solar City has to do with where Tesla is going to prioritize the initial sales.
I think SC screwed up in multiple areas. When they called me after I signed up on the Tesla web page, they literally said "You can't use a PowerWall without solar panels" and shut down the call.

...although I suppose that is a form of prioritizing sales...

I also had a similar experience, i called SC to see if i could just buy the solar panels and powerwall(s). They kept on insisting to see my electric bill, and I said it is immaterial, i just want to use solar cells to fill the battery to run whatever i want.

I think SC screwed up in multiple areas. When they called me after I signed up on the Tesla web page, they literally said "You can't use a PowerWall without solar panels" and shut down the call.

...although I suppose that is a form of prioritizing sales...

Only, beware: He's also fond of beer, wurst and sauerkraut. Best to upwind him, maybe? :tongue:

I think I could have out eaten him when he visited me in Oslo (Peking duck IIRC).

Causalien: will you ever publish a summary of the precision of your indicator, posthumously so to speak? If I know you well you've been logging all your predictions and plotted them against the actual market movements on the day following.

Status
Not open for further replies.