Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[CORRECTIONS]

QuarterInsideEVs NA estimateHybrid Cars US estimate + Official Canada numbersEuropeTesla Reported Deliveries
Q13500415830676457
Q23900443625227579
Q33900416716767785
Q46000483622799834
Both of them seem to be throwing darts at a board, which is why when I look at either of their numbers, I take it with a huge grain of salt.

We need to also add the China and ROW numbers. Then, insideevs + Europe + China + ROW numbers would seem pretty accurate so far. But no one knows if it will always be so.

Exactly. Until InsideEV's provides sources, or at least assumptions or formulae, they are unsubstantiated, unreliable, non-useful clickbait.

If they have been consistently close in the past then they are useful for the future. Up and until they are consistently wrong.

It is guesswork. They have posted in the past the spoke to auto analyst,store employees, and unnamed Tesla corporate employees and compared those expectations vs Tesla guidance.

There's the pre-market volume. Close above $280 today? Will Adam Jonas come out with a neutral note and maintain his $280 price target or will he be forced to raise? Obviously we have no idea with him.

edit: and I mean some volume - not a lot of volume. Initially there were only a few hundred shares traded.

Let the fireworks begin. Hitting $275 in pre-market.

With many taking an early long weekend vacation on wall street it will be interesting to see the volume (bots?) and see if we finally get higher volume than 5 mil today which will finally user in a short squeeze today. OR...will the long weekend let this all settle in and we see some fireworks Monday. Interesting times.

With many taking an early long weekend vacation on wall street it will be interesting to see the volume (bots?) and see if we finally get higher volume than 5 mil today which will finally user in a short squeeze today. OR...will the long weekend let this all settle in and we see some fireworks Monday. Interesting times.
I'm a little worried this could be one of those buy the rumor and sell the news scenarios...we frequently see TSLA up big premarket only to come back down to flat for the day or sometimes even negative (yesterday as another example). I'm just hoping today isn't another example.In other news, Merrill Lynch just reiterated their underperform rating but upped their price objective from $65 to $180. If this is the most extreme bear analyst on Wall Street then the Shorts are in more trouble now. Hopefully this couldHelp trigger the squeeze we've all been waiting for with this delivery beat.

but upped their price objective from $65 to $180. .

So they almost TRIPPLED their valuation target ???

Guess that was the highest they dared without 'losing their face' :tongue: :biggrin:

On Feb 23rd 2015 :
On Monday, Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst John Lovallo published a devastating research note about Tesla.

He cut his target price for the electric-car manufacturer to $65 from $70 and insisted that the bull case for Tesla, currently trading at $217, doesn't hold water.
Source : Analyst: The bullish case for Tesla has been debunked - Business Insider

Last edited:
I'm a little worried this could be one of those buy the rumor and sell the news scenarios...we frequently see TSLA up big premarket only to come back down to flat for the day or sometimes even negative (yesterday as another example). I'm just hoping today isn't another example.In other news, Merrill Lynch just reiterated their underperform rating but upped their price objective from $65 to $180. If this is the most extreme bear analyst on Wall Street then the Shorts are in more trouble now. Hopefully this couldHelp trigger the squeeze we've all been waiting for with this delivery beat.

SP $65 to $180?? Wow, looks like quite a capitulation to me.

This indeed could trigger a squeeze...

What's next? PT $180 to $360 upon release of MX configurator showing 0 to 60 in sub 4 seconds, full highway autopilot, 9,000lbs towing capacity, while being the safest car on the road *and* more efficient than a Prius?

R0FL! Some tragically comic fools are trying to pee against the wind:

Snap99.png

Status
Not open for further replies.