Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla overbought + China crash + Greek drama + oil collapse = Tesla puback.

The good news is that most of this is just macro noise that does not have a material impact on Tesla's performance or prospects.

Tesla at a discount + macro chill out + Model X Design Studio + one more thing = Tesla ATH

The one thing I know about the market is that it can be ruthless. Nothing would surprise me. I wouldn't be surprised if TSLA makes and all time high sometime in August and I wouldn't be surprised if it fell to 220.00. I relinquished my position in the "circle jerk" mentioned early today. I wouldnt be too happy if TSLA breached 200.00 again as I think we are in a whole new ballgame with the stationary storage aspect. I researched the crap out of the stock before I pulled the trigger, went for a ride in a P85D courtesy of a fellow forum member - insane launch included - and have been polling and talking to every walk of life EVERYWHERE about what they know about Tesla and their interest in the company. I can tell you that this story has only begun. I certainly expect it to be a huge winner, if not the best performing stock, I will ever own. But pullbacks of the garden variety nature are to be expected along the way. So no, I won't be selling any shares. Short away.

If you go to the teslamotors.com website and choose the Model X, there's an animation showing how the doors work. It says, "Click and drag". Well, if you hold the mouse button down and drag up and down repeatedly, you'll be able to make the falcon wings "flap". Elon keeps hinting that there are some surprises coming with the X. Apparently, it is also a flying car. Just a little insider tip so you can get a jump on the Market. :wink:

If you go to the teslamotors.com website and choose the Model X, there's an animation showing how the doors work. It says, "Click and drag". Well, if you hold the mouse button down and drag up and down repeatedly, you'll be able to make the falcon wings "flap". Elon keeps hinting that there are some surprises coming with the X. Apparently, it is also a flying car. Just a little insider tip so you can get a jump on the Market. :wink:

LoL now how to time all of the short term options just right. (I have flown that Model X myself a few times)

I think my car is out of engine oil and gasoline because I can't find any! Should I be mad?

That's what you get for bothering with a Tesla - VW would have you covered: this is a picture from one of their electric e-Golf cars:
ölwechsel.jpg

It wants to have an oil change in 23 days - but maybe that's just a brilliant way for VW to keep their dealers happy? ;-)

(I know it was just a software error as the e-Golf is essentially a slightly modified regular Golf).

I like Tesla Motors Europe expanding more and more in Europe.
They just moved to their new and bigger site in Tilburg (link: twitter) showing lots of trucks presumably to deliver vehicles.
It's been some time since the new global/regional sales management structure is in place.
I expect some news about their global/regional sales figures and sales strategy during the upcoming ER next month.

BTW SuperChargers in Europe growing really like pimples now.
Maybe at a faster pace than ever (link: map).
German car companies currently only talking about hybrids with 20 miles electrical range and EV city commuting.
Tesla package (vehicle and charging infrastructure) enables international long distance travel in Europe now.
This needs some time to sink in.
To my opinion a lot of potential buyers did not pull the trigger yet because they could not see the charging infrastructure with their own eyes and it was only "promised". This has changed.
Tesla is actually putting the infrastructure in place like they promised two years ago, this company is awesome.
To my opinion this is a game changer in the industry/for the customer.

Last edited:
I like Tesla Motors Europe expanding more and more in Europe.
They just moved to their new and bigger site in Tilburg (link: twitter) showing lots of trucks presumably to deliver vehicles.

It does look great, but I think that particular image is an artists impression. I'm not sure if it's actually open yet...

On another note, it looks like a positive start to the day. The losses have stopped in China, at least for the time being. Perhaps the measures taken by the Chinese government have stopped the bleeding, or perhaps it's just a dead cat bounce.

To my opinion a lot of potential buyers did not pull the trigger yet because they could not see the charging infrastructure with their own eyes and it was only "promised". This has changed.

Absolutely. I've seen it with my own eyes here in Italy where Superchargers have jut started to appear.

The correlation between superchargers and sales is undeniable. I think that is the reason they have pushed for such an aggressive rollout.

It's not true Tesla isn't spending in advertisement: Superchargers are the greatest advertisement in the world. They promote the brand but at the same time improve the product. A much more efficient and lasting investment than normal ads.

Absolutely. I've seen it with my own eyes here in Italy where Superchargers have jut started to appear.

The correlation between superchargers and sales is undeniable. I think that is the reason they have pushed for such an aggressive rollout.

It's not true Tesla isn't spending in advertisement: Superchargers are the greatest advertisement in the world. They promote the brand but at the same time improve the product. A much more efficient and lasting investment than normal ads.

This is definitely a core bull argument.

Notorious Seeking Alpha troll Paulo Santos actually came here on TMC to post about how Tesla had "lied" about spending $2000 per car on the SC network (he claimed it was more).

The point though is the SC network makes the cars so much more valuable and is such a tremendous driver of sales that the value is hard to put a $$$ amount on. It's worth investing lots of money in however.

This is definitely a core bull argument.

Notorious Seeking Alpha troll Paulo Santos actually came here on TMC to post about how Tesla had "lied" about spending $2000 per car on the SC network (he claimed it was more).

The point though is the SC network makes the cars so much more valuable and is such a tremendous driver of sales that the value is hard to put a $$$ amount on. It's worth investing lots of money in however.

I mean, yeah... Tesla never said they actually were spending 2,000 per car... we all just made those assumptions because that was how much the option cost in the old 60kWh version. Considering now they have actually only raised the price of the 70kWh version by 5k, give you 10kWh more battery (that's got to be worth at least 5k), give you AWD (also worth 5k), and supercharging (also worth 2k based on the old pricing to option for it)... they are clearly just making up numbers however they feel like to get the most money out of the car in a way that makes sense. This is why the new MS 70D is a killer deal and has crazy amounts of take rate (1/3 of new sales according to Tesla)... because the value proposition of the car is just too good for everything they added to it.

I see about 5 super chargers in Italy so far, they need another 20 quickly.

Has anyone looked at the value of the realestate where the Superchargers are? I think in many cases, Tesla basically gets the land for free.

It would be almost impossible for other companies to replicate Tesla's destination charger and Supercharger program. Tesla chargers bring in wealthy customers. Any other companies chargers, assuming they ever exist, "cough GM" might be bad for business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.