Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain this like im 5? i understand the idea just not how to execute this. im novice level at best with options.

You buy the curret at the market call. Then you sell a call with strike at $290 (since there's no $291) Then when it reaches 290, you sell that and you re buy a straddle which is the $290 call and $290 put. Or if you are lazy like me just buy a put at $290 and sell a put at the previous ATM strike you entered the market with.

Prolly 2% upside left from $284 according to 8 ball for the current run of 90kwh announcement.

Is this an appropriate time to say "I love you guys/gals." LOL. All time high as oil goes under $50.00. Research that Citron.

Calgary, your cheerleading seems to have accomplished its goal! This certainly feels like the beginning of a squeeze.

I can't imagine being short right now, with the Stationary Storage a huge unknown, the Model X reveal around the corner (with over 20k reservations), and the threat of cash-flow positive by Q4.

FYI - Elon is hosting a SpaceX call (similar format to the Ludicrous call Friday) right now for media. If anyone is interested, updates are appearing here /r/SpaceX CRS-7 Failure Investigation Teleconference Thread : spacex

Update: Elon said they won't fly again any sooner than September... so expect his attention to Tesla and overall happiness to be limited until at least then.

Last edited:
FYI - Elon is hosting a SpaceX call (similar format to the Ludicrous call Friday) right now for media. If anyone is interested, updates are appearing here /r/SpaceX CRS-7 Failure Investigation Teleconference Thread : spacex

The good news is that SpaceX has a reasonable explanation of what went wrong (one strut holding second stage helium tank broke) and the fix is relatively easy. Let's hope they've nailed this problem and flights can resume in short order.

Last edited:
I thank all of you for making this forum such a valuable source of TSLA investing information. I thank:
* JHM for his Blind Faith Price Targets
* Calgaryarsenal and Sundaymorning for courageous cheerleading
* Our resident pessimist, Lump, for warning us days ahead about the impending squeeze from Greece and China
* Sharp members who brought the gigafactory land expansion to our attention days before the media caught on
* Curt Renz for teaching me about technicals through his book and posts
* DaveT for really opening our eyes about the potential of this company
* DaveT and ChickenLittle for showing me how to use ITM calls with little or no time penalty to leverage my trading when the stock is oversold and to transition to shares as the stock price reaches higher levels of valuation

A year and a half ago I had only 28% of the funds needed to retire. Today I exceed 75% of that figure.
Thank you all!

I don't know from which basis you are working at. I am here because from the moment I came and announced there's a 8 ball prediction the srock price should go up by 10%. I did not know it was the 90kwh announcement. This is the same as my D prediction.

Hombre! Como estas? I'm in Spain and keep being impressed by your indicator. Will you publish its sensitivity/r-value posthumously?

Status
Not open for further replies.