Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was holding 6 each of Sept 275 and Dec 300 calls. Turned them into spreads today by selling Sept 290s and Dec 310s. My cost basis on both spreads is negative. At expiration: Min gain 760, max gain just shy of 15k.

Also cleared out my 200 shares so i can sell some weekly puts if we get a dip this week.

From the Bloomberg article: "Thus, I am going to break with both of these traditions to make a forecast about the future of the automotive industry. Gasoline-powered cars are toast. They are over, finito, kaput, the walking dead who have not yet realized they are goners."
Wow!

And this: "Other automakers from Porsche to Ford have to be watching for the day when Tesla can manufacture and sell a million cars per year. If they were smart, they would be playing catch-up full on."

They are not smart. They are stupid dinosaurs happily munching on the grass marveling at the large and beautiful comet streaking across the sky.

It's just the little matter of us generating as much cash as possible on the way to the funeral.

RT

Pretty nice sitting watching the evening sun with a great glass of rose enjoying the ticker... ATH here we come. I knew Elon had a few aces up his sleeve. And this is just prior to the X reveal! OMG just imagine when the X hits, with all the features and options presented Tesla style...

Folks not following the SolarCity thread may be unaware that SunEdison has put out a bid to acquire Vivint Solar at a 45% premium. Vivint is the second largest distributed solar installer with 11% of the US residential market, second after SolarCity which commands 34% market share. SunEdison is a large player in the utility solar space. This is a huge validation of rooftop solar. The stock price of SolarCity is up 8%. All rooftop installers compete by taking market share from utilities. So this event may have a profound impact on how the market values distributed solar and disruption in the utility sector. Such a paradigm shift cannot but help the valuation of Tesla as well. Musk enterprises are consistently and thoroughly positioned on the right side of the energy transformation.

I had to review what the ATH was, since we are within sneezing distance:

DateOpenHighLowCloseVolume
4-Sep-14284.01291.42280.4286.048341749
This is the highest close ever.

channels_20_july_2015.JPG

Current price in channels established by a ~100B market cap in 2020.

Indeed, AustinEV, as you note the all-time TSLA closing high was 286.04 on 2014 SEP 04, and the record intraday high was set that day at 291.42. The former could be surpassed today. If so, that could set off a wave of short covering allowing the intraday record to also soon be beaten.

Power news: Vermont's Green Mountain Power ready for energy storage revolution

Some have speculated about a "death spiral" for utilities in the coming decades as a result, but Powell said she is not afraid. Cold-climate heat pumps, which run on electricity, are augmenting or replacing fossil fuel burners in a big swath of the home-heating market. This year's Vermont legislation invited electric utilities to sell those devices along with home insulation services — all part, along with the Tesla batteries, of that "energy services" portfolio.

I was just thinking that this is starting to feel squeezish.

My exit strategies died at out 10am this morning. I'm hoping for a multi day rally like the old days.

Trying to figure out what position I want to have at the close today.
yes shorts are covering but not squeeze. will see volumes go up significantly with a squeeze. previous squeeze volumes were 3x average. if and i repeat if squeeze should see it go higher than 325

Status
Not open for further replies.