Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Report: Mitsubishi shuttering Normal plant - Chicago Tribune

In February 2011, according to Mitsubishi’s website, then-Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and Mitsubishi signed an agreement to support the advancement of electric vehicle and renewable energy technologies in Illinois.

“This partnership is an important step toward securing our long-term economic growth.” Quinn said at the time. That same day, according to Mitsubishi’s website, Quinn announced “a business investment package for Mitsubishi that will save at least 1,200 jobs at the company’s Normal facility and bring production of the new Outlander Sport, which is currently produced in Japan, to Illinois.”

I think the eeriest thing from today is the announcement that the Chinese stock market will be closed for 4 days in September for some reason.

National holidays are eery now?

Shanghai will close for a couple days for Mid-Autumn Festival. Same thing happened in 2010 when it fell mid-week. Hong Kong will be closed the day following Mid-Autumn Festival. Hong Kong also has a holiday 9/3 (WWII Victory). Both Hong Kong & Shanghai is closing for five days in October (National Day - think they are staggered so for like 2-3 of the days one of them will be open.)

These scheduled closings were announced before the year began.

National holidays are eery now?

Shanghai will close for a couple days for Mid-Autumn Festival. Same thing happened in 2010 when it fell mid-week. Hong Kong will be closed the day following Mid-Autumn Festival. Hong Kong also has a holiday 9/3 (WWII Victory). Both Hong Kong & Shanghai is closing for five days in October (National Day - think they are staggered so for like 2-3 of the days one of them will be open.)

These scheduled closings were announced before the year began.

Didn't know that. I checked on NYTimes and it looked like this is the first time the stock market is closed for those 2 days. It doesn't show holidays before 2014.

Market Holidays - NYTimes.com

China to Celebrate the 70th Anniversary of WWII With Military Parade »

Last edited:
Elon mentioned it during the last earnings report, but I think it was qualified with 'probably', if I remember correctly.

I thought I was by the End of July but looking at this May 6th Call it was by early July :/

Q1 Earnings Call
Jeffrey K. Evanson - Vice President-Investor RelationsElon, do you want to talk about Model X? We've had a number of questions from investors and Ben's question here about when you'll be able to configure Model X online, when we'll show that to the public, how that will actually deploy?
Elon Reeve Musk - Chairman & Chief Executive OfficerYes. Probably three months from now, (1:14:44) May, so it's like – this is early July is when we'll ask people to do the configuration. And it would be very similar to the S, like it's not going to be super – there's no big surprises there. It's very similar to the S. And, yes, and we certainly have a lot of customers who've been waiting a long time. So they will probably (1:15:13).

Speaking of politics:

Tesla Still Seeking Permission to Directly Sell Cars in Utah | KUER

Craig Bickmore is the executive director of the New Car Dealers of Utah.

“And so it’s not that Tesla can’t be here and have dealerships," Bickmore says. "They can. There’s simply a set of rules and regulations that says if you’re going to be in the dealer business here, the model of the franchise system has been the best distribution process that we know of.”

Didn't know that. I checked on NYTimes and it looked like this is the first time the stock market is closed for those 2 days. It doesn't show holidays before 2014.

Market Holidays - NYTimes.com

China to Celebrate the 70th Anniversary of WWII With Military Parade »

I'm probably a little more familiar with HK & S markets and Chinese culture than the average TSLA shareholder. I'm not Asian but we have a few in my extended family, and both my children are half-Chinese, so I'm used to observing the different festivals.

Spring Festival and Mid-Autumn Festival are still way behind Lunar NY in terms of importance for most of Chinese society. There are two Golden Weeks, e.g., weeklong celebrations, in China. The New Year is celebrated far and wide in many Asian cultures. National Day is a 1949 invention of the Communist Party, and while observing it is mandatory, it doesn't hold the personal and familial importance of other holidays.

Elon mentioned it during the last earnings report, but I think it was qualified with 'probably', if I remember correctly.

I remembered it the same way, but just to make sure I looked at the ER call writeup:

Ben J. Kallo - Robert W. Baird & Co., Inc. (Broker)Yes, a quick one. Just on the Model X, when we could see that?
Jeffrey K. Evanson - Vice President-Investor RelationsElon, do you want to talk about Model X? We've had a number of questions from investors and Ben's question here about when you'll be able to configure Model X online, when we'll show that to the public, how that will actually deploy?

Elon Reeve Musk - Chairman & Chief Executive OfficerYes. Probably three months from now, (1:14:44) May, so it's like – this is early July is when we'll ask people to do the configuration. And it would be very similar to the S, like it's not going to be super – there's no big surprises there. It's very similar to the S. And, yes, and we certainly have a lot of customers who've been waiting a long time. So they will probably (1:15:13).

So "probably" and also just talks about configuration, so could be just sig owner configuring in private without a public design center out.

On May 29 I suggested a Tesla Model S to a woman who started a thread in the White Sox message board on May 25 requesting new car advice.

She ordered a P85D on June 5 and it was delivered to her on July 21 in Columbus, Ohio.

Here’s that thread: http://www.forums.mlb.com/discussions/Chicago_White_Sox/_/_/ml-whitesox/124782.1

It was today in an unrelated thread on that message board that she informed me of the delivery date.

She also wrote, “I am loving my new car. It draws attention wherever I take it. I hope that will fade in time, but it is a beautiful machine…On a funny note, I transferred all my gas points to a friend. LOL!”

Status
Not open for further replies.