Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100,000 units manufactured is actually quite an important milestone. That and a Model X production vehicle are operational milestones in Musk's incentive plan. Both are on pace to occur this quarter. With every milestone that is achieved, investors should become more confident in the CEO and his ability to deliver on the long term plan.

Could be. But only around 90,000 total will be delivered till Q3. That will leave nearly 10,000 cars produced but not delivered at end of Q3.
Did the VINs really start from 1?

No, only US sales count toward the US credit limit.

Very good point.

Also worth noting - the exact tax rebate plan provides for $7,500 for the first 200,000 cars, then $5,000 and then $2,500 before it is fully phased out. (no BEV manufacturer has reached that milestone in the USA yet)

I am not sure about the production quantities in the lower two rebate levels, perhaps it is another 200,000 USA sales in each one? Someone go look it up for me :)

Indeed that is ridiculous FUD about imagined losses on each new car sold. In reality, Tesla enjoys a hefty profit margin on each new car sold. The authors disingenuously count development expenses for future car models, energy storage systems and the battery Gigafactory. They make it appear that each additional car sold further reduces profits. Pure nonsense.

The fact that the misleading article was written by Detroit based reporters is not inconsequential. Their abilities to gather information on the auto industry are highly dependent on keeping lines of communication open by pleasing Detroit auto executives. Pleasing California based Tesla Motors is of little or no concern to them. Meanwhile, Detroit automakers advertise heavily in the media that rely on Reuters articles. Tesla Motors advertises nowhere.

I did see a billboard for Tesla in Chicago.

Here is just one more reason why Tesls Model S currently selling strong in Switzerland, more than doubling deliveries from 189 in Q1 2015 to 440 in Q2 and delivering 199 vehicles during only month of July!
The Swiss Head of the Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications Doris Leuthard choose a Tesla Model S as her official car beginning of this year and since then she is crusing around this lovely country in the Model S supporting Tesla Motors in some kind of way;)
2015-08-11-SwissHeadOfDepartmentOfEnvironmentTransportAndEnergyWithModelS.jpg

(link: twitter)

Model S best selling luxury sedan in Switzerland in H1 2015, sold out even all new Merc S-class!
"Boom: Wie Tesla die Schweiz erobert" (link in German, google translate)

Great to see my subjective personal observation of more and more Model S with swiss number plates here in southern Germany during the recent months backed up by real figures. And great to see that the swiss drivers actually use their Model S for driving across borders, e.g. quite some Model S with number plate for Zurich spotted in Munich.

Last edited:
Someone go look it up for me :)

No need to look up. Common knowledge around these parts.:smile:

After 200k reached OEM must report doing so to the IRS. Full credit still good for that calendar quarter and the next.

Then the next two quarters 50% of the credit is available.

Then the next two quarters after that 25% of the credit is available.

Then it is done.

New article titled "Tesla burns through taxpayers' dollars like a corvette burns through cash"

It amazes me how ignorant some people are and that those people have been tasked with spreading news to the public. They love to throw out Tesla's cash flow situation at random times.

Funny, given that corvettes burn through many times more taxpayer dollars than teslas do. As do all other gasoline powered vehicles for that matter.

Fossil fuels are way more expensive than you think | Dana Nuccitelli | Environment | The Guardian

That doesn't count bailout cash, btw. Another way in which corvette has burned through more cash.

I see an opportunity to build a platform that shows truth and reality compared to junk coming in on a daily bases. If you read any financial sources be in CNBC, yahoo, WSJ or Bloomberg, they show doom and gloom when market is down and the other way around when its on top. This is misleading to common investors.

A platform that digests information and understands new sources against past behavior with some human or crowdsourced oversight may be able to debunk junk as they show up.

Damn China. They are not buying enough Teslas and then they do this and cause the market to tank...........$20.00 oil on the horizon? Chinese auto sales at a 17 month low (not that they bought many Teslas anyhow). Elon has his work cut out for him, but I think he is up to the task. We need Tesla to work. Our world needs Tesla to work. Very frustrating.

Damn China. They are not buying enough Teslas and then they do this and cause the market to tank...........$20.00 oil on the horizon? Chinese auto sales at a 17 month low (not that they bought many Teslas anyhow). Elon has his work cut out for him, but I think he is up to the task. We need Tesla to work. Our world needs Tesla to work. Very frustrating.

Relax my friend. The market is not tanking. The NASDAQ is down 0.3% and the S&P 500 is down -0.8%. Hardly earth shattering. Stop listening to all the crappy sensationalist media outlets and you'll feel much better. It's in their interest to make you think that things are either exceedingly bad, or exceedingly good.

Agree with virtuesoft, relax.

You don't want to turn in to this guy: View Profile: Iamthecaliflower - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Xanax taken. Lol. Just miserable this morning!

Weak longs with stop limits near 236 and 235 were shaken out due to the cascading domino effect near the usual conclusion of the amateur hour. Now the TSLA price is rebounding from that bear raid. Meanwhile, shares of American automakers Tesla, Ford and General Motors are all down by similar percentages this morning.

Last edited:
Weak longs with stop limits near 236 and 235 were shaken out due to the cascading domino effect near the usual conclusion of the amateur hour. Now the TSLA price is rebounding from that bear raid. Meanwhile, shares of American automakers Tesla, Ford and General Motors are all down by similar percentages this morning.

Seems like the domino effect spilled over to SCTY, since it went down a good 15% since TSLA's earning report but without any bad news about SCTY (or any news at all, given their ER was the previous week) to have caused such a drop so quickly. It's been stuck in the $50-$60 range all year long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.