Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's at times like this where I question my life choices with investments

You mean the perennial classic: "Why am I doing this to myself?"

Man.... Macro is killing us.

How worried are we that things will go bad bad bad?

EDIT: for those suffering with some extra time here is a nice read from the Wait but why series about Space X that comes from direct interviews with Elon How (and Why) SpaceX Will Colonize Mars - Wait But Why

Last edited:
Not enough data for a meaningful conclusion or in other words - "sample of 1" problem.

That's right, as far as TMC is concerned.

In general, however, we have very accurate professionally compiled statistical results, from a relatively large sample - published annually by a respected organization - Consumer Reports. These data, for a third year running, indicate that drivetrain problem affected less than 1% of Model S owners (unfortunately, I am among this 1%). So, please, everybody chill out...
image.jpg

Shows you even the best stocks, which I believe Tesla to be, can get annihilated when macro trends take hold and when oil is collapsing. If you don't use stops you either have balls of steel or a 1%er account with lots of play money. I hope the bloodshed stops soon for the good folk on this forum - especially for the average joes. The 1%ers will be ok no matter what happens. Peace out!

Shows you even the best stocks, which I believe Tesla to be, can get annihilated when macro trends take hold and when oil is collapsing. If you don't use stops you either have balls of steel or a 1%er account with lots of play money. I hope the bloodshed stops soon for the good folk on this forum - especially for the average joes. The 1%ers will be ok no matter what happens. Peace out!

The timing was the worst part of this. I had just pushed my last cash in...waiting for the X unveiling. Nothing to do now but watch it burn. :-(

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...argets/page9?p=1119752&viewfull=1#post1119752

I've diluted the LTPT for this recent stock offering, and the results are not that bad. Check out the link.

Today we have an opportunity to buy below the bearish first quartile price level of $247. The 12 month median sentiment is $349. Lots of upside for patient investors. See link for more details.

Thanks JHM, I was just thinking about this. Still holding out hope for my standing $231 limit buy order! Definitely time to accumulate if that's your thing.

I may be crazy or stupid. But it's times like this that start looking to invest again. I am in it for the long view, hoping todays price will be a bargain in ten year's time. I have begun replenishing cash into my trading account. I think I will start buying little bits here and there as the share price falls through support levels. As long as Tesla doesn't go bust, I think I will be OK. Looking at buying more SCTY to lower my average share price too.

I may be crazy or stupid. But it's times like this that start looking to invest again. I am in it for the long view, hoping todays price will be a bargain in ten year's time. I have begun replenishing cash into my trading account. I think I will start buying little bits here and there as the share price falls through support levels. As long as Tesla doesn't go bust, I think I will be OK. Looking at buying more SCTY to lower my average share price too.

Well, you are supposed to buy low, sell high. So looking to buy is not crazy exactly. There is some wisdom in waiting for the knife to stop falling first, but that is what I thought I was doing buying earlier this week :(

Ditto both, enormous fire sale right now. Loading up whatever money I can find for my trading account. Unfortunately it's not much :(

Quick how do I make like, 20k by tomorrow?

You mean the perennial classic: "Why am I doing this to myself?"

Man.... Macro is killing us.

How worried are we that things will go bad bad bad?

EDIT: for those suffering with some extra time here is a nice read from the Wait but why series about Space X that comes from direct interviews with Elon How (and Why) SpaceX Will Colonize Mars - Wait But Why

I read that when it came out. It was quite comforting to read... because I forget that Spacex engineers step in when there are issues (per Ashlee Vance's book and what I already knew).

I'm so glad I pulled out my margin at the 260 mark. It's just a matter of taking the pain. Again... for those who need it:

YOU DON'T LOSE UNTIL YOU SELL

Ok, this headline got my attention. Thanks SJ Mercury News.

LIVERMORE: TESLA FIRE 45 PERCENT CONTAINED, 2500 ACRES BURNED
http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_...a-fire-45-percent-contained-2500-acres-burned

First reaction: WTF? Fire? 2500 acres? The factory maybe? WTF? Yikes!

Oh and then I realized, wait, there's a road out that way, it's a great drive actually, called Tesla Road. Ahhhh. Thanks for calling it the "Tesla fire", gang. Guaranteed to boost click rates.

used profits from my puts yesterday to buy some oct 250 calls. heres hoping. considered another put, but i just dont see it sustaining this level or lower as we get closer to the model x (unless something drastic happens). maybe im just an optimist, soon to be broke, we'll see.

I read that when it came out. It was quite comforting to read... because I forget that Spacex engineers step in when there are issues (per Ashlee Vance's book and what I already knew).

I'm so glad I pulled out my margin at the 260 mark. It's just a matter of taking the pain. Again... for those who need it:

YOU DON'T LOSE UNTIL YOU SELL

Opportunity cost of holding a deflated long position for years though still hurts :(

Status
Not open for further replies.