Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/27/tesl...adline|headline|story&par=yahoo&doc=102950088

100/100 - P85D's perfect score by consumer reports.

P85D originally scored a 103 until they had to adjust their model....turn it up to 11.

"There's no other product that scores a 100 at Consumer Reports. It's unlike anything we've ever seen," he said.
103 out of 100 ... Reminiscent of when they got 5.4 out of 5 stars in the safety department. Or when the crash test machine broke before the S did. Unless I missed something, the only 3 casualties so far in a MS were suicides (including the car thief). Well, that is bound to change some time, but it has been a beellion miles, plus.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd just like to point out that $219 is at the current 5th percentile of sentiment with a 12 month median sentiment BFPT of $349. This is 59% upside potential within a year. Opportunities this good only come around a couple of weeks per year. With this much upside you may want to forego the leveraged drama of options and just buy shares.

Good luck everyone.
Thanks, Jim. Much appreciated! Just a little pointer to BFPT for people who want to know more about your reasoning.

I'd just like to point out that $219 is at the current 5th percentile of sentiment with a 12 month median sentiment BFPT of $349. This is 59% upside potential within a year. Opportunities this good only come around a couple of weeks per year. With this much upside you may want to forego the leveraged drama of options and just buy shares.

Good luck everyone.

Thanks that's a good objective, it's nice how everything is starting to set itself up and turn around.

Premium compared to Leaf? I find that hard to believe considering there are many features in the leaf that the Model S lacks. Let's just wait and see. We love our leaf. I'm not saying it's better than the Model S but for city driving I like it much better than the model s. MUCH easier to park.

Performance, charging speed, charging network, cargo space, UI interface, range, etc... Not a darn thing wrong with a Leaf.

Stock price is blowing up like a Falcon 9 rocket. (too soon?)

IMO..No. There is pressure on people to buy in 'before' the next big surge. Most, including myself, thought this might occur with the Design Store for X opening ( a small surge ) or with first deliveries/reveal. No one could have predicted that CR would give the P85D 103 out of 100 and then had to recalibrate their point system, thus sending everyone else down 3 points (man I used to hate 'reverse curves in school grading').

So, back on point. This is forcing those who don't want to miss the next big surge to jump in. Temporary upswing? I am hoping it is the beginning of a string of positive catalysts.

edit: I missed the 'too soon' joke...:wink:

Last edited:
Performance, charging speed, charging network, cargo space, UI interface, range, etc... Not a darn thing wrong with a Leaf.

How do you know that those things won't be increased to match the model 3? I'm just saying for what I use the leaf for I prefer it compared to the model s. Leaf is a good car. Yes it lacks many things that the model s has but it is still a really good car. It wasn't ever made to compete with the model s.

I feel powerless not having taken profits when I had to not once but twice in the last few months.

I am now locked out of all the action of the last weeks. Not able to buy more or profit from the swings and taking on more risk every day (gotta love those close to expiry options!).

Will I learn this time? How easy it is to buy TSLA.... but the real pros are the ones who know when to sell.

IMO..No. Their is pressure on people to buy in 'before' the next big surge. Most, including myself, thought this might occur with the Design Store for X opening ( a small surge ) or with first deliveries/reveal. No one could have predicted that CR would give the P85D 103 out of 100 and then had to recalibrate their point system, thus sending everyone else down 3 points (man I used to hate 'reverse curves in school grading').

So, back on point. This is forcing those who don't want to miss the next big surge to jump in. Temporary upswing? I am hoping it is the beginning of a string of positive catalysts.
I think the "too soon?" was in regards to that punch line still opening up wounds. And no, it cracked me up pretty good.

The GF being ahead of schedule allows the M3 to be on time. But IMO stating that that implies that the M3 will be on time is going a bridge too far.

Or being ahead of schedule means TeslaEnergy can get started sooner. :tongue:

I didn't imply Model will be on time because GF is ahead of schedule. I said GF being ahead of schedule speaks to the seriousness of the venture. I said Model 3 can not be delayed (and therefore will not be delayed) because of partnership commitments. I said Model 3 and Gigafactory are directly tied together and that stationary storage may be able to relieve some of the partnership pressure (allowing for a small window of lateness for the Model 3).

People think Tesla is caught in a perpetual loop of lateness. I get that. It's not an unreasonable thought at all. Dr. Phil always says past behavior is *the* predictor of future behavior. Until it's not. Everyone place their bets.

Looks like a very good day. Now we just need the Model X design studio. :)

The web site was down and now it's up again. I have a theory, completely unsubstantiated. Musk has stated that he won't reveal all the new features of the X until the first deliveries. But at the same time it's pretty hard to deliver cars that haven't been configured. So my theory is that the configurator page is now there, but access controlled depending on who is logged in. Bonnie probably can neither confirm nor deny this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.