Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO GREAT TO BE BACK NOW THAT MY $150.00 DOLLAR PRICE TARGET WAS HIT. Now when you get this little bounce, don't get all excited and start cheering that the "shorts have covered, my goodness they have covered!" This stock is a disaster. I have now revised my price target to $120.00. $120.00 will be the line in the sand. Any lower we are talking bankruptcy. Perhaps TSLA will perform a miracle and it will be the low. I would like to see it succeed but I am not holding my breath.

They have likely neared, or reached, their target of superchargers for this time of the year (or have a pause to make sure the fire incident in Europe is isolated.) Also, they could be putting a pause in order to reduce cash expense so they can show cash-flow positive in Q1.

Fairly certain it's a P&L Expense and not a capex cost given the cost of Superchargers and the fact that they aren't necessarily depreciable items per stall. Then again we don't really have this detail...

I want to give a shout out right here to Calgary Arsenal. I didn't like the way he kicked us while we were down, but I have to admit, he called $150 when most of the rest of us thought it nearly impossible. The low for today is $150.35, so I say welcome back. Try to go easy on us though. We're already hurting.

Edit:

I was literally writing this at the same time as Calgary. He posted a few seconds before me. What are the odds? Ha ha.

SO GREAT TO BE BACK NOW THAT MY $150.00 DOLLAR PRICE TARGET WAS HIT. Now when you get this little bounce, don't get all excited and start cheering that the "shorts have covered, my goodness they have covered!" This stock is a disaster. I have now revised my price target to $120.00. $120.00 will be the line in the sand. Any lower we are talking bankruptcy. Perhaps TSLA will perform a miracle and it will be the low. I would like to see it succeed but I am not holding my breath.

I think $120 is possible as well. Far too early to be talking bankruptcy though. They still have around a $4 billion backlog of model X to work through. Hard to go bankrupt when your product is presold. But it is definitely a challenging time for Tesla and TSLA.

I think they will pull through without too much trouble, but time will tell.

Need to vent: I am frustrated and angry!!

F:cursing: Wing Doors.

Seriously, now the only thing we have is the word over the grape wine that the issue is fully fixed and they happen to be just waiting on the parts and somehow we need to keep faith that the fix this time will really work. Fingers crossed.

who cares about the f...in falcon wing doors? it wasnt necessary, the People would have bought it anyways plus we would have saved the unnecessary Problems with it..
Tesla in its Initial stages cant fantasize with such uncrucial but costly stuff like falcon wing doors. It is a Luxus at this stage to Experiment with it at the cost of confidence and its reflection into the sp

F:cursing: Wing doors.

Seriously, now the only thing we have is the word over the grape wine that the issue is fully fixed and they happen to be just waiting on the parts and somehow we need to keep faith that the fix this time will really work. Fingers crossed.

I think $120 is possible as well. Far too early to be talking bankruptcy though. They still have around a $4 billion backlog of model X to work through. Hard to go bankrupt when your product is presold. But it is definitely a challenging time for Tesla and TSLA.

Any price target is possible. Bankruptcy has VERY little with stock price action-- if you knew how equity raises work (and no I am not going to give a Corporate Finance 101 class), you'd realize how asinine the remark is. Essentially escalation via a false correlation.

F:cursing: Wing doors.

I want to know if all X's they are producing now will be recalled later. Otherwise they do have parts? We know the production is not stalled.

I assume he means that they shouldn't drop lower than 120 *unless* they go bankrupt. Not that dropping to 120 *will* bankrupt them.

who cares about the f...in falcon wing doors? it wasnt necessary, the People would have bought it anyways plus we would have saved the unnecessary Problems with it..

Have you guys actually seen the vehicle yet? Yes, Tesla got carried away with engineering, but at this point it's a sunk cost and they made one hell of a product in a segment where there is so much low hanging fruit they are going to take the entire garden. A lot of things aren't necessary, but it's what is going to delight the customer.

I think members of this board need to have in perspective that a company that was able to completely revolutionize transportation from SCRATCH can solve an engineering challenge with a door. Seriously peeps - the company is fine. Their change management has proven itself to be elite. The doom and gloom on this board is borderline hilarious.

Have you guys actually seen the vehicle yet? Yes, Tesla got carried away with engineering, but at this point it's a sunk cost and they made one hell of a product in a segment where there is so much low hanging fruit they are going to take the entire garden. A lot of things aren't necessary, but it's what is going to delight the customer.
Of course its a nice to have neat Feature. But at this stage for tesla it was too early too Experiment with such things, that cost too much. They could have done it in future for example with the next gen roadster

Status
Not open for further replies.