Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just waiting for the bears to call out this Musk/ Telsa/ SpaceX hype train as it is clear that SpaceX missed the landing. The X was painted right in the middle and you can see that the rocket landed AT LEAST 2 METERS AWAY.

Pretty awesome. For me, at least, there is a halo effect as I am reminded again at the type of organization the Elon builds and manages. Yes, some of the Model 3 details may/need to change between announcement and launch, but you can be assured that Tesla will deliver a product so advanced of any alternative that there really isn't an alternative.

Yay! Glad Space X finally pulled this off :D
Go, Elon!!!

Anyone think this could have influence on TSLA?
1, Major SpaceX faliures would draw his attention away from Tesla
2, It is very unwise to bet against Elon Musk. Even if late, he has achieved every impossible thing he has set his target on so far. Adds to the bull thesis of Tesla tackling M3 design/manufacturing challanges.

I'm just waiting for the bears to call out this Musk/ Telsa/ SpaceX hype train as it is clear that SpaceX missed the landing. The X was painted right in the middle and you can see that the rocket landed AT LEAST 2 METERS AWAY.
I am glad I'm not the only one who noticed. I mean is it really that hard to land a 70m rocket returning from 100km high at 5x the speed of sound on a napkin floating at the Atlantic?!

I am glad I'm not the only one who noticed. I mean is it really that hard to land a 70m rocket returning from 100km high at 5x the speed of sound on a napkin floating at the Atlantic?!
No bears were hurt or injured during the process of autonomously landing a rocket booster on an autonomous ship in the middle of the ocean...

I am not expecting much movement from Q1 results. What I am watching is Model X production, delivery, and quality levels from now through June. That is what will possibly drive Q2 numbers and possibly set up some stellar financial results. In general, my sense is that expectations can drive stock prices up, but it's execution that keeps the stock at higher levels.

I read the Model X sub-forums here every day.

For anyone interested, this particular post seems like an excellent summary of what has been going on with X ramp:
VIN 22xx

Reactions: Rafael
For anyone interested, this particular post seems like an excellent summary of what has been going on with X ramp:
VIN 22xx

It looks like Model X line might be tweaked quickly again for QC reasons. Further down on the page, someone refers to an issue on 3rd row of seats as causing some delays with deliveries. The good news is that any delays for a seat fix or any other issue at this time still result in 2nd quarter deliveries. If the tweaking of X body in white line is planned a couple weeks in advance, then Model S can be ramped up during this time to keep the final assembly line humming. I think the deployment of Model X vehicles to Tesla stores will be our sign that Tesla feels confident they need not tweak X so much any more.

After-hours trading shows no response to the successful SpaceX landing on the drone ship. I think Tesla can still get some leverage out of this event in three ways. First, if gives Elon Musk additional credibility as the man who can do what previously looked impossible. Secondly, if Elon appears on a Monday morning News TV show he is likely to be asked about Model 3 and will have a nice opportunity to put in a plug for Tesla. Thirdly, he gains additional credibility in the financial community because SpaceX's business plan is looking even more solid now. We'll see.

I see today's FUD from Standpoint Research as harvesting the low-hanging fruit. Undoubtedly, the shorts realized that a bunch of new TSLA investors came onboard during the recent climb, many likely to be new Tesla Model 3 reservation holders. Standpoint's FUD message on CNBC was certainly the catalyst for the drop to 250ish, if you look at the timing. New TSLA investors haven't been through this type of FUD attack before, and many likely had fairly tight stop-loss limits set on stock. The net result is a quick drop in SP.

The bigger picture is that Tesla may seriously be looking at raising some capital to speed up the Model 3 launch, but I imagine Tesla wants a stock price above $260 before the capital raise. Thus, many auto companies and even the oil sector has something to lose from a successful Tesla capital raise, and hence a TSLA SP of $260 or above.

As for the availability of short shares, although Fidelity doesn't have any, I just checked with Etrade and they say they have "lots" of TSLA shares available to short, with an interest rate a bit less than 7%. So much for my theory that the shorts are temporarily out of business.

So when shorts have to resort to using a no-name shell for this sort of attack, it suggests that no outfit with any credibility is willing to do the deed. CNBC should be ashamed of renting their reputation with this as well. Shorts are looking super desperate.

So when shorts have to resort to using a no-name shell for this sort of attack, it suggests that no outfit with any credibility is willing to do the deed. CNBC should be ashamed of renting their reputation with this as well. Shorts are looking super desperate.
I just can't believe it got as much traction as it did... I first noticed it on a jankie financial blog, followed by virtually every other one (jankie and legitimate alike).

Status
Not open for further replies.