Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting observation in other forums.

There are people defending TSLA now. The attitude towards anything green or anything Elon have turned positive and these are from people who doesn't have a tech background and are not millenials.

It feels weird as I used to be the only one defending and everyone will be trashing Elon/TSLA.

I believe a shift of sentiment has occurred.

Interesting observation. Perhaps introduction of Model 3 is responsible for this shift. May be Tesla no longer perceived as car company for few who can afford MS/MX, but a company that will be selling cars affordable for the majority.

This might be strange for Tesla long time enthusiasts, as we knew that Model 3 was the goal from the very beginning, but seeing something tangible (material car) and realizing: OMG, I can have it changed the sentiment for a lot of people I am talking with about Tesla, from politely veiled apathy to genuine interest, and in some cases real excitement.

Interesting observation. Perhaps introduction of Model 3 is responsible for this shift. May be Tesla no longer perceived as car company for few who can afford MS/MX, but a company that will be selling cars affordable for the majority.

This might be strange for Tesla long time enthusiasts, as we knew that Model 3 was the goal from the very beginning, but seeing something tangible (material car) and realizing: OMG, I can have it changed the sentiment for a lot of people I am talking with about Tesla, from politely veiled apathy to genuine interest, and in some cases real excitement.

People don't like to see success, particularly when they are unable to participate in the success (i.e. I can't afford a Model S). They adore seeing something or someone who is successful fail in a dramatic fashion. Look at the Tiger Woods fiasco....it was in the news for months because, well, people loved to read about his failure.

The Model 3 changes the mindset of the Middle Class. They see a car that's gorgeous, sporty and that they can afford. Suddenly they go from 'I hope they fail dramatically' to 'I hope they make it so I can ride around in my hot car'.

And Causalien, stop cheating on us by visiting other forums.

Are you really this cynical? This statement is vague (which people? what kind of success? under what circumstances?) almost to the point of being without meaning, and I don't think you fully believe it yourself. It's about as meaningful, and accurate, as saying 'people like to smell smells' (which of course is why they want Tesla to fail - they fear that they'll no longer get to smell that delicious NOx)

(Sorry this is totally OT and I hope not too snippy)

I agree with Hogfighter
Envy is in all of us as it is part of human nature. Its one of the 7 deadly sins that all or most humans have within ourselves, no matter how we cope, or rationalize with it, or even are aware of it, feelings of envy are there within all of us (unless a chromosome is missing)

On a side note, wait time for service in San Diego is 3 weeks. And I have friends complaining on long service times at other service centers (although not as long as San Diego). I don't understand how Tesla is going to handle servicing Model 3 when they're having a difficult time right now.
Don't feel bad. I've been waiting 6 or more weeks to get my S into an auto body shop (not Tesla, but Tesla approved) to get some "fender bender" work done on it.

I just have the throw this out there, maybe some of you watch this show, but after watching the latest episode of Silicon Valley, it feels a lot like what Tesla is going through. haha. I feel for Richard, for all he wants to do is build the platform and all Elon keeps telling everyone we need to transition to sustainable transportation and works tirelessly on it, but the media/Wall Street only want to focus on the short-term "product". hahaha. Anyway....

I asked a non-approved shop to do some minor work, they said that they couldn't even get matching paint from Tesla. They offered to fake it.

Anyone can get any paint, you just need to know the correct DuPont color code for it. A really quick search found this. It isn't DuPont, but maybe search a bit more...

Reactions: RobStark
"we will never be a company that by our action does, or by our inaction allows, the wrong thing to happen just to save money" - do any other such companies exist that are not in the Tech sector?
I read through the replies to Elon's Tweet. Very positive. A lot of Model Ξ reservation holders chimed in how proud they were to have reservations with Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Status
Not open for further replies.