Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider Elon's behavior to be very poor form. It's not like the rocket launch unexpectedly just came up! He has a very poor handle on his schedule and is doing a terrible job managing expectations. Stock doesn't care for whatever reason (but it might simply be a technical reason than a fundamental strengthening belief in the story). Really does not bode for Model 3 launch or ramp. This behavior of missing publicly announced high profile deadlines has became a total habit.

I'm expecting a squeeze of sorts to happen. I'm most certainly going to lighten up into the squeeze. He wont be delivering a trillion dollar market-cap in 10 years with these sorts of misses big and small.
This is a classically foolish post. He's has an extremely busy schedule, so he's late on his blog post, which is understandable to most people. Taking AP related calls with Bosch and traveling cross country and returning from a major SpaceX launch, and you think he should be more concerned with meeting his scheduled blog post date than getting the post correct or taking care of himself?

There's no way that this is even possibly relevant to the M3 launch!

Also you don't want to lighten up into a squeeze but near the peak of the squeeze, in other words out of a squeeze.

His latest tweet:
Elon Musk on Twitter

Working on AP and M3 today, then planning to pull an all nighter working on the SMP.

Last edited:
Is a Tweet considered a formal announcement these days? Perhaps bad form, but EM is not too concerned about the daily stock price and is not a traditionalist. Also Tesla does have some recent excellent hires that are responsible for production.
IIRC,Twitter (social media) is allowed under SEC Regulation Fair Disclosure rules (2013 - SEC says social media OK for company announcements if investors are alerted)

MP2 will, in addition to laying out Telsa Energy/Solar, hopefully talk about models beyond Model 3, such as the long rumored pickup truck.....

It could be the reveal of S3XYC4R in ten years.:)

Model S
Model 3
Model X
Model Y
Model C(argo)
Model 4(anyone to rent - driverless taxi)
Model R(oadster)

This is a classically foolish post. He's has an extremely busy schedule, so he's late on his blog post, which is understandable to most people. Taking AP related calls with Bosch and traveling cross country and returning from a major SpaceX launch, and you think he should be more concerned with meeting his scheduled blog post date than getting the post correct or taking care of himself?

There's no way that this is even possibly relevant to the M3 launch!

Also you don't want to lighten up into a squeeze but near the peak of the squeeze, in other words out of a squeeze.

His latest tweet:
Elon Musk on Twitter

So he didn't know that he had a busy schedule ahead of him before making a proclamation that the plan will be posted last week?

You seem to get easily caught in technical minutiae. The point is not that this specific delay has relationship to model-3. The point is that this "behavior" of ever missing publicly announced timelines is concerning. As this is a very seriously recurring pattern, there is very little chance that Model-3 will be launched or ramped in the timelines the big man proclaimed. What is becoming increasingly clear is that all the timelines that he announces are his "aspirations" or when he would like to get something done - which is different from a projection from known/available information or a project plan.

a
So he didn't know that he had a busy schedule ahead of him before making a proclamation that the plan will be posted last week?

The point is not that this specific delay has relationship to model-3.

Agree with this point - he prioritized working on Model 3 (per the latest tweet) over the master product plan. I would not want it any other way, especially that we are seemingly at the pencils down stage on Model 3. I suspect that there are series of last moment decisions that are required to be made before "pencil down" on Model 3, and product design team requested a meeting with the chief product architect...

My opinion was that reading charts and reading tea leaves were both equally effective. Watching this video of DaveT and Jesse completely changed my mind. Highly recommended:
Google+ video hangouts (TSLA & other investments)

Wow, awesome!! Will watch it tonight!

I have the same mindset at the moment. There are a lot of people that predict all kinds of things based solely on charts, but I have a hard time believing most of them. This is probably because of my ignorance, so I am happy to learn something new and be proven dead wrong. :)

Hasn't Jesse (together with Julian?) left (or been banned) the forum? I haven't seen them since I came back from a hiatus from this thread.

Last edited:
He didn't make a proclamation. He said 'hopefully' he'd have it posted by week's end.

Excellent advice.

Glad you said "hopefully". Everyone's (well maybe not everyone) been acting like it's another missed promise.
And everyone had better remember wrt the July '17 arrival of Model 3 that he said something like "not likely", but it's a target being pushed.

He didn't make a proclamation. He said 'hopefully' he'd have it posted by week's end.

Excellent advice.

Glad you said "hopefully". Everyone's (well maybe not everyone) been acting like it's another missed promise.
And everyone had better remember wrt the July '17 arrival of Model 3 that he said something like "not likely", but it's a target being pushed. People seem to have very short memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.