Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I upgrade to MX 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is strange, my car only has a RN now.. no VIN yet, and Its only been 10 days since the grace period. And now the Tesla store is saying that if I want to upgrade I have to forfeit my deposit and place a new order. Anyone who can confirm if this is correct practise?

This is strange, my car only has a RN now.. no VIN yet, and Its only been 10 days since the grace period. And now the Tesla store is saying that if I want to upgrade I have to forfeit my deposit and place a new order. Anyone who can confirm if this is correct practise?

Thats the result i got. I do have a VIN, and my DS said the reason I could not change was because I was too close to start of production.

I would fight that higher up. There's no way your car is too close into production to change if you don't even have a VIN yet.

Hard to say without knowing the price differential in the U.K, and the average winter temp in your part of the UK.

Plus are you at all going to tow anything? Top Gears makes you guys seem obsessed with camper vans so I take it this might be a yes?

If that's the case then definitely get the extra range.

• Funny
Reactions: Screwbal
Good decision. Why is it so many people can't do that simple math and decide, instead of getting carried away by 'free' things.

Hey that free stuff is what let me pass buying the X to replace our S by the wife. Otherwise there was no urgency or need to buy now and on the same note after free SC would be gone she'd gripe at what we'd be losing trading up later (super frugal that one :) )

Honestly, when I see a thread like "Should I upgrade to 100D", I should just ignore every post and just reply with Yes.

Not to be an a$$, but think it would save a lot of time and ends up being a forgone conclusion. :D

Reactions: 1 person