Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show me those Arachnid wheels / Spiders!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SC set mine at 48 and my tire pressure light is on. Wonder if it's related.

Is it safe to drive?
I would suggest manually checking all 4 tire pressures. You can also call the service center and have them check remotely it’s likely they didn’t change one of the settings between 19” and 21”. Or that one of your wheels might have the wrong or bad tpms sensor! From what I know they have a few places to make the change like the air suspension settings etc. above and beyond the one place we have control over which is in the tire pressure monitor reset screen.

Quote from the manual, “... maximum pressure to which the tire should be in inflated is given on the tire side wall in psi (lbf/in).
Caution: This pressure marked on the tire is the maximum allowed by the tire manufacturer. It is not the pressure Tesla recommends using for Model S.”

The door sticker is usually the go to however it lists the presssures for the tires/wheels your car came with. In my case it lists 19 inch wheels and 45 psi. With the 21” tires the pressure is 42 psi.

I'm going to bring them down to 42 psi. I don't think it will help my road noise but I'm hoping. Mine are really loud around 45-50 MPH as it almost starts a pulsing resonating sound. Almost sounds like I have off road tires on the car. The car is pretty new and has had a second alignment since it was delivered with the steering wheel so crooked so I'm sure it isn't that. Anybody else's arachnids really loud? I see they have acoustic sound deadening in them but it sure doesn't sound like it.

I'm going to bring them down to 42 psi. I don't think it will help my road noise but I'm hoping. Mine are really loud around 45-50 MPH as it almost starts a pulsing resonating sound. Almost sounds like I have off road tires on the car. The car is pretty new and has had a second alignment since it was delivered with the steering wheel so crooked so I'm sure it isn't that. Anybody else's arachnids really loud? I see they have acoustic sound deadening in them but it sure doesn't sound like it.

Ya mine are also very loud vs the 19 inch wheels and tires I had before, obviously the 19" wheel tire combo has more tire sidewall to absorb the road imperfections and reduce the transmitted road noise. Also worth noting I do not have the sound material in my Arachnid tire set as they came with Pilot Sport 2 tires from the early / first program. I'm actually going to be swapping on a set of Pilot Super Sport tires with the sound material soon and ill be sure to let this thread know if I notice any difference.

Back to pressures, always check the pressure cold / before you drive and set accordingly

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Pentium2004
From the Tesla service manual ... PSI variables include wheel diameter, suspension type, dual motor and staggered rim width:cool:

tire pressures .png