Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sick of waiting? Vent here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The further Tesla pushes out deliveries of the 3's the less chance each reservationist has. Tesla's 200K count will certainly be surpassed by the time that I get my 3 late this year.

All of the well-to-do folks will have exhausted it.
The full value tax credit is valid for a full Q past the Q in which the 200K mark happens. There is then another 6 months of tax credit at the $3750 level, followed by another 6 months of tax credit at the $1875 level.

Don't know if Tesla is trying to use Canada to push the 200K out to Q3. If they are and the succeed in the juggling act good shot you'll land an SR starting at $27500 plus state sales tax. If the 200K ends up in Q2 anyway, or your SR slips over the Dec 31 line (or even if both happen!), it'll start at $31250 + sales tax.

Either way, Tesla is indeed trying to bulk up gross margin to remain viable longterm ... which as an owner with a new warrantied vehicle is probably something you'll want to see.

Last edited:
Thumbs up for the ZHP!.

What's a ZHP?

It's "Early 2019" now. Yippie ki-yay...

Just checked, mine is also "Early 2019" now.

That's done it. No kidding, I am going to cancel. Also sold my TSLA stock just now by the way. Have lost any faith and trust I had in the company!

It's getting ridiculous. I gave Tesla the benefit of the doubt long enough. By "Early 2019", which I am absolutely certain will end up being "Late 2019" after all, there will be other attractive BEVs on the market from legacy automakers. Ones I have more faith in to deliver what they promised. :mad::mad::mad:
At the same time people in the US buy an S or X, reserve a Model 3, and push into the line in front of me, and instead of installing a cut-off date for such practices, like say end of December 2017, Tesla is happy about the additional revenue and doesn't give sh** about their non-US future customers. Trump will be happy. What he won't be happy about is that by showing this little respect for their day 1 reservationists from abroad Tesla might in the end go down as a company because other than in the US no one will trust them any more.

I always dismissed critizism from friends and colleagues who were dubious about Tesla's future and their promises.
After this BS I tend to cross over to their side and view Tesla's future as very much in danger.
They are not better than GM with their Ampera-e disaster. Over here there are tons of people who would love to buy one, but Opel just can't deliver. Sound familiar?

Might get myself a used e-Golf until BMW or Merc come out with their alternatives. After all, by the time I would have gotten my Model 3, even the SC network, they only real asset Tesla had over the competition, will have become mute, because the consortium of legacy automakers have already started building out their own European high-speed charging network.

What else is better in a Model 3 than in the coming offerings from Jaguar, BMW, Merc, Audi, VW, Porsche, etc.? Build quality? Features? Customer service? User interface? (HUD anyone?) All points where the others are better than a Model 3.
Range? Getting better for all offerings constantly. So no winner for Tesla in that respect either.

And don't tell me theirs are vaporware and Tesla's is available now. As it stands, from my point of view the Model 3 is just as vapor as those alternatives. And at least from experience I know that when BMW et. al. (except Audi ;)) finally announce the launch of a new model, I can trust their given dates!

There, now I have indeed vented. Will check out the available e-Golfs now.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: WarpedOne
Thank you - one car sooner....I think more people should cancel - I highly encourage it.. This is horrible, the world is ending and Tesla is about to go out of business. I think you should cancel - all of you... today... and tomorrow and the the next day too. Please buy an e-Golf, VW is a much more ethical company than Tesla... o_O

I have said it time and time again, but people like you just don't seem to get it: it doesn't matter to you whether I - or any other non-US non-owner - cancels or not. You will get your car before us anyway. When will that finally sink in?

And be sarcastic as much as you like. Let's see in five years who the last laugh is on.

Oh and by the way, if I would only buy from "ethical" companies, I would have to live in a cave, covered in a loincloth, and eat what I can hunt or farm myself.
At least with VW you got to find out that they lied to you. And they even apologized and were made to pay for what they did wrong.

Most companies lie to you every day and secretely laugh behind your back about you - and you will never find out about it, nor will any good ever come from uncovering it, because it just isn't.
You don't even have to look at "nastys" like weapons manufacturers or the like.
Companies like Nestle, P&G, Unilever, McDonalds, Monsanto, etc. do more for destroying our planet every day than all automakers combined.

Just a thought!

Last edited:
Musk has said this repeatedly: in order to bring affordable EVs to the masses, he needs to raise the funds thru the sale of more expensive models. It's quite disingenuous to make make this about class warfare.

Unfortunately Model 3 rampup is hard and taking extra time. And yes, Musk was too optimistic, and it hurts to have been led on. But in no way has this delay been to purposely let rich people keep the poor people down. The company is simply not quite successful enough yet to offer that mass market price. But it will get there.

The current priority to get First Production config to international reservation holders allows Tesla to slow down the cash burn as well as delay reaching the tax credit threshold. Model 3s sold internationally won't count toward that 200k. In the long run, this will allow more US SR configs to get the tax credit.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lem89
My comment wasn't about what Tesla did to the market.

My comment was about what happened to Tesla stocks - no matter what the market did.
You attempted to imply causation to that correlation. He's [quite astutely] pointing out a much more obvious explanation for the movement that likely swamps whatever movement TSLA might have had, up or down, based on the investor call.

Last edited:
You attempted to imply causation to that correlation. He's [quite astutely] pointing out a much more obvious explanation for the movement that likely swamps whatever movement TSLA might have had, up or down, based on the investor call.

So .... Tesla went down solei because of the market?

If you watch TSLA..... it has never gone down faster than the market during a market correction. Its very convenient that the market went down during the earnings call.

Last edited:
I’m sick of waiting but honestly there isn’t anything I can really do at this point and Tesla knows that. That means for me the wait shall continue. I refuse to purchase another ICE, I’ve even gone electric with my lawnmower.

To be fair, electric lawnmowers have been around for at least 30 years. My Dad had one when I was a kid and of course I had to use it. It was kind of like vacuuming outdoors - don't run over the cord!