Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM update...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was surprised to see a significant upgrade to the Sirius XM interface in the latest software update for my 2017 Model S. I thought Tesla was phasing out SXM with the MCU 2 upgrades... Seems weird unless they have finally heard customer's disappointment with losing this functionality and are planning to bring it back.

Reactions: davezforce
Quick question for someone with the new UI ...

can you please go into Sports -> MLB play-by-play and see which channel numbers come up? I suspect I’m missing a bunch. The lowest # I see is 180, but there are routinely games on channels in the 170s ...

Thank you!

An important note here re: Sirius. Part of the problem for several years has been the lack of direct channel tuning on Sirius. Say an NFL game is on channel 233, maybe the highest channel I have as a favorite is Howard (Channel 100). That meant clicking up, up...you get the point. Several upgrades back, direct channel access was available and it was great. With last week's upgrade, unless I'm clueless, direct channel tuning is missing. Yes there are genres that will get one closer, but its a feature that needs to be returned. Furthermore, as usual the radio audio goes silent when an incoming telephone calls comes in. After disconnecting, the audio doesn't return. You have to toggle the volume control on steering wheel to "wake up" the audio. Has anyone found similar?

• Helpful
Reactions: serpico007
I wonder if the re programming and the free 4 months access has anything to do with Tesla being provided a sign on bonus from Sirius? This was the first thing that stuck in my mind when I read about the free access. Your thoughts?

Quick question for someone with the new UI ...

can you please go into Sports -> MLB play-by-play and see which channel numbers come up? I suspect I’m missing a bunch. The lowest # I see is 180, but there are routinely games on channels in the 170s ...

Thank you!
You cannot. I’ve tried several times to listen to the NBA games with no luck.

You cannot. I’ve tried several times to listen to the NBA games with no luck.

Some of the MLB games come up, but not all. Something is really up with my channel map. For example, if I tune to “Pop Rocks” - The Bridge plays instead.

EBAE913B-472A-4018-ADCD-1341815FC8C6.jpeg

An important note here re: Sirius. Part of the problem for several years has been the lack of direct channel tuning on Sirius. Say an NFL game is on channel 233, maybe the highest channel I have as a favorite is Howard (Channel 100). That meant clicking up, up...you get the point. Several upgrades back, direct channel access was available and it was great. With last week's upgrade, unless I'm clueless, direct channel tuning is missing. Yes there are genres that will get one closer, but its a feature that needs to be returned. Furthermore, as usual the radio audio goes silent when an incoming telephone calls comes in. After disconnecting, the audio doesn't return. You have to toggle the volume control on steering wheel to "wake up" the audio. Has anyone found similar?

I know this is an old thread but I just had a thought I wonder if you can voice command to direct tune to an XM station? My Chevy volt could do that I've never tried in my S.

Lost SXM with update and messaged service. They quickly responded and did a remote hard reset. Got SXM back but lost ALL settings. After reprogramming the garage and gate openers and Personal settings all is back to normal. Service was helpful and efficient. Software update not so much.