Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been spotty for me this weekend too... slacker song 'loading errors' having to hit the retry ... gets the song going 50% of the time... other times having to skip to next to get something to play.

But then again, I've also been seeing an unusual amount of network degradation / dropping from LTE to 3G and heavens even the dreaded "E" edge which means basically 2 bits per second throughput. And then bang back to LTE!

It might be a move on Tesla's part to degrade the service to make upcoming Tesla Tunes look like a more attractive option having content that Tesla manages and can control the experience to the car better than Slacker can.

Been spotty for me this weekend too... slacker song 'loading errors' having to hit the retry ... gets the song going 50% of the time... other times having to skip to next to get something to play.

But then again, I've also been seeing an unusual amount of network degradation / dropping from LTE to 3G and heavens even the dreaded "E" edge which means basically 2 bits per second throughput. And then bang back to LTE!

It might be a move on Tesla's part to degrade the service to make upcoming Tesla Tunes look like a more attractive option having content that Tesla manages and can control the experience to the car better than Slacker can.
Kind of like how my iPhone always seems to start "crapping out" just before the new model is released ;)