Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Invalid Tesla Credentials

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a premium slacker account for the past year, so i used those credentials in the car for music. Recently i decided to cancel my premium slacker account, and I wanted to revert back to the tesla slacker account.

When I click on the "streaming" icon in the music player, It just gives me a login screen. When I click the "Use Tesla Account" as the login option, it comes back and says invalid username/password.

Is there anything special I need to do to re-login to the tesla slacker account that came with the car?

Here is the email I just got back. I am a mid 2018 FSD owner and I have free data/Premium Connectivity included for life. I did not know slacker was only 1 year?!?

has anyone's else started to be disabled?

"Hello Robby,

Thank you for contacting us with your question about accessing Slacker Radio. Your Model 3 did include a complimentary 1 year subscription to Slacker Radio with the purchase. The complimentary subscription has ended though, as the 1 year has passed. You can still continue to enjoy listening to Slacker Radio by signing up for a plus or premium Slacker account and then using your credentials to log in to that account from the car.

Thank you for being a Tesla owner and helping to transition the world to sustainable energy."

Attachments

• tesla-slacker.jpg
    tesla-slacker.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Here is the email I just got back. I am a mid 2018 FSD owner and I have free data included for life. I did not know slacker was only 1 year?!?

has anyone's else started to be disabled?

"Hello Robby,

Thank you for contacting us with your question about accessing Slacker Radio. Your Model 3 did include a complimentary 1 year subscription to Slacker Radio with the purchase. The complimentary subscription has ended though, as the 1 year has passed. You can still continue to enjoy listening to Slacker Radio by signing up for a plus or premium Slacker account and then using your credentials to log in to that account from the car.

Thank you for being a Tesla owner and helping to transition the world to sustainable energy."

I'm losing words...

First it was Premium Connectivity. Sold as coming with the car, then some documentation found elsewhere says it's actually only a year trial.

Now Slacker is a year trial.

What's next Tesla? Is my AWD a free year trial? Going to convert me to RWD at some point unless I cough up more money?

I don't like slippery slope arguments but this is getting a bit weird.

Slacker still works in my car (June 2019) but I don't really use it.

Reactions: ybbor
As far back as I can remember Slacker was part of the Premium Connectivity package which was always only 1 year free.

It wasn't always one year, prior to a certain date Model 3 owners apparently have it for life.

The problem is that at least here in Canada, nothing in the order and delivery process states that Premium Connectivity is only included for 1 year. It says Premium Interior includes Premium Connectivity. My interior sure isn't a one year trial. Or at least I think not? Maybe the rear seat heaters disappear after a year as well?

I just sent a follow-up because I have premium connectivity for life... here is the response.

"Hi Robby,

Thank you for following up with me on this request. Premium connectivity includes the access to in-car streaming music like Slacker but it does not include the subscription. With an eligible Slacker account, you can log in directly through the touchscreen on the car when you have the premium connectivity as opposed to the standard connectivity where, with the same eligible Slacker account, you would not be able to log in and listen through the car, you would pair your phone to your car and listen through the phone, using its data allowance.

Thank you for being a Tesla owner and helping to transition the world to sustainable energy.

Sincerely,

Tom B. | Tesla Support
12832 Frontrunner Blvd. Draper, UT 84020
www.tesla.com/support"

bcmvpQ7pyp9uXYKLyJ6X_CLnGo125GbJc5b6KS4Ec25LOupN8sBuVwja3uw7MLwtPG11wRWe0gX_k40K_72UEs0P5fY692bTwV5bgq8fKcqg2nk8yQnx5QSraKjVeuge0YGHkY3AvTY6mNzwqlYyiUCyM3GEB0Ua-YBhT2F9N1EFxo81WTn_Ci5T07anuKItsSB4jkgmPv-tHJoca56_rUDGa8w-BsKPht2hD_cGqmolySeEJfTYRJEOIvRuK8ZW1Pv785osc3oNfxADSEAsh8XtW-ilT2YWimiYKq5SJFpHLCZV3Oyxe9sP8dhZlLPj7woghH0S7fQjtCWWC5WxM2EMUAj5-CFoLGzGtBrjq2c-ZWyeSfSZnshmVYmCZYll_NX0il39tJ5Gt0bVL3tLENZmn-dg2cquNNvlUHYrYMTnXrHQVy0jJDIPw7ko91nkv4pFAVJVh91wE4fpaaQP0p4VN8Iydhs12HHttnct28D7GS4R9pUmMXv7G1UMNlnu2P4fs2H6rKlsJAcZrwHBnNBvhkCzeMfnzRq1-exp_WPtCLkrminD0SfssfEXVs1w8oezAM7rOI7ypzvlf4ttrjvmixqUFcP8gPioCZUrt5lC3a3RjmTUquR_a_FIT6kHXxTCspHO5uHj8bMIUBouC_cf8qcVUiSgQSxOYdb_5sTGFTNzmGx1fOrO=w449-h898-no

I guess the moral of the story is that if your included slacker account currently works, DON'T LOG OUT of it.

Picked up my car August 26'th 2018.

• Helpful
Reactions: fseir
What does "Premium connectivity" include? | Tesla

thread is from over a year ago mentioning an owner was told back then Slacker was NOT lifetime as part of premium connectivity

It's a little weird the account would keep working after subscription expires if you leave it logged in (and thus almost nobody noticing this is happening), but maybe Slackers IT back end is as crappy as Teslas?

• Informative
Reactions: fseir and ybbor
If anyone with a car older then 1 year wants to conduct an experiment, try logging out of the tesla slacker account and then back in using the tesla login button
I got my car in April 2018 and my experience would seem to confirm this expiration theory (unless it's just a bug). I let my Slacker Premium account expire on November 6th and tried to go back to the free Tesla account with no success. Contacted Tesla Mobile Service and they said I had the option of waiting for the next firmware update, or they can try to remotely reset some settings to get Slacker to work. Was informed that the reset would erase the majority of my media settings like Favorites and Recent play lists.

I told them to go ahead and try the remote reset. I also got the latest firmware update to 2019.36.2.1 yesterday evening. The firmware update didn't fix it, and either the remote reset didn't work or they didn't try it yet. But I did get a message from Tesla Mobile Service that they would have to do the reset in person. So I have my appointment set for 11/21.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if the Slacker account expires and I would just keep paying for my own Premium account. It's much better and you have more control over playlists. I had my own Slacker Premium subscription that I was testing out between September 6th and November 6th. I liked the Premium subscription because it offers unlimited replays, and when you request a song it only plays back music from the same album or artist. But I got into Audible audiobooks more and decided to let my Premium expire and go back to the free Tesla account.

Mine was broken and they remotely fixed it (which also wiped a lot of settings). As with the original poster, I had a personal slacker account that I had been using which I had canceled due to getting access to Spotify. We have multiple instances of it being fixed when it has broken, but only one from one individual claiming it should only work for a year.

The Model X manual says that the streaming radio account is good for 4 years: (Probably doesn't mention by name so manual doesn't have to be edited between regions.)

Note: Tesla also provides you with a
complimentary four-year Streaming Personal
Radio account.

The Model 3 manual only mentions that they may provide an account to something:

Tesla may provide account credentials for
some internet radio and music streaming
services. You can use your Tesla account or
you can sign in with your own account by
scrolling to the bottom of the streaming
service window and entering your account
credentials.

• Informative
Reactions: ybbor
has anyone that got kicked out of slacker, bought the new premium connectivity package and tested it to see if it works again?

All you had to do was tell them it was broken and they'd fix it for you (but it also did reset most settings), so these things are not related. There is that guy in this thread who was given inaccurate information by a single support guy, but just ignore that.