TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker Radio not working after this morning's new firmware

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by pmoa, Feb 19, 2016.

1. pmoa

pmoa Member

My slacker radio no longer plays music after my software update. I can search for music but then after selecting a song, it doesn't play.
    When I go to browse and Internet and slacker radio, nothing shows up on the right side to select stations.

Anyone else?

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

What version SW? I'm on 2.11.54 with no issues. I know that there is a newer that just came out.

3. kevyli

kevyli Member

Just updated and same thing happened. I tried to do log out and log in and it didn't fix it.

4. Zarwin

Zarwin Member

Just got a software update this morning and while I haven't tried slacker, I found an extremely annoying bug with how it interacts with a bluetooth device when playing music. When streaming music from my phone, if I use the skip forward or back on the steering wheel (and I assume the center console as well), and press it more than once, it switches to FM radio. Have had this happen multiple times today.

5. highedu

highedu Member

same here

6. green1

green1 Active Member

Have you tried rebooting? and rebooting again? and calling Tesla?

7. Alvesd

Alvesd New Member

Same problem here. Slacker not working. Logged out and in, and rebooted with no luck.

8. jyinger

jyinger Member

Just took delivery of my new 90D---Slacker radio doesn't work. Delivery team worked on it for an hour, couldn't get it to work

9. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Updated yesterday morning, Slacker worked for me all day yesterday and today. I have a "Classic" if that makes any difference.

10. pmoa

pmoa Member

I rebooted and rebooted and only tune in works in my car. Sigh, time for another update :)

11. miked112

miked112 Member

Same here, since the update this week. Bring on Spotify....

12. scottm

scottm Active Member

#12 scottm, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016

Slacker busted for me too.

Classic car.

My consolation is that 2.12.45 brought back Bluetooth, been busted for months.
    Also brought back voice commands, also busted for months.

Now, I can request songs again.... that don't play.

One step forward, two steps back.

Yesterday I could at least type songs and they'd play. Today, nothin'

But with 2.12.45 now Creep setting is saved with driver profile. Ahem. Big whoop.
    No drivers of my car use creep. So Off suited us fine.

Note to Tesla: All settings should be saved with driver profile. All of them. Everything. Don't do this one by one thing... the last known state of how each driver last left the car is how it should reconfigure itself when that profile is selected. Even the HVAC settings, seat heater, brightness, .... capture the state of the car, put it in a capsule, and bring it back.

13. map724

map724 Member

yeah, kind of like my 2009 Acura used to do...7 years ago.

14. Terra117

Terra117 Member

This.

Every single possible setting in the car should be (1) stored with every driver profile and (2) easily edited.

I'm pretty sure computers are capable of storing 100's of bits of information these days. I offer my assistance if you need help figuring it out, including the trickier bits crossing the bridge between the CAN bus and infotainment LAN.

15. Korben

Korben Member

Slacker is broken for me but only in a very particular way. Search and menus do not work. However, favorites do work.

My guess is something changed on the menuing and lookup between Slacker and Tesla.

16. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

Slacker's not working for me either today after upgrading to 2.12.45 yesterday. I tried rebooting (twice), logging out and back in of the Slacker account, and hitting the "Restore" button to restore the Tesla account - no luck. When selecting Slacker in the Browse tab, there's a spinner for a second and then it's blank. Clearly broken, but I'm not sure if it's an issue in the car or with the Slacker service.

17. green1

green1 Active Member

I don't think it's the update. Slacker is broken for me too. ..and I'm still on 7.0 I think it's on slacker's end. I can keep playing the station I'm on, but I can't search our browse. (Favourites do work)

18. green1

green1 Active Member

I sent the following to [email protected] and to [email protected] today:

19. pmoa

pmoa Member

Working in the software world. I attribute this to testing. There are times when software deliveries just don't get regression tested as software engineers don't like testing. With that said, managers don't put an emphasis on it.

It sucks, but there are probably more bugs that we don't know about. Elon come hire a technical program manager (me) to solve your software woes.

20. green1

green1 Active Member

So, how do you explain it not working on my car with 7.0? I didn't update.