TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Slacker Radio Premium experience

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ben.krasnow, Mar 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Justynr

Justynr Member

Downside I've noticed with the Premium account:
    Before upgrading, you could play a song you requested (Foo Fighters, Burning Bridges for example) and it would play that song, and then make a list/radio station of similar artists and songs, this was great most of the time!
    After updating, every time I make a request to play a song like this, it will now just make a radio station of only Foo Fighters.

Is there a way to go back to this "mode" with the premium account that anyone has found?

• Informative x 1
  2. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

Anyone else have trouble logging on to their regular Slacker account in the car? I always get Invalid Account even though I can access my account just fine through the app.

3. Joelc

Joelc Member

If you're trying to log in with your Tesla provided Slacker account on the center display, you can't because it's the default account associated with your car (eg, it's always logged in).
    The Slacker login screen is for personal/non-Tesla Slacker accounts.

4. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

I just saw this post and since no one responded to this I will. Yes you CAN favorite and individual album. By doing that you can play the entire album in order or shuffle AND you have the ability to scrub forward and backwards if that is of interest to you. We have several full albums saved as "favorites" actually "My Playlist". I did not have any other paid music subscription service before I bought my first Tesla in 2015 and immediately subscribed individually to a Slacker premium account.

As a side note, at some point earlier this year, Tesla took away the select option for Hi-Bitrate and it is now only available if you purchased UHFS and then it is enabled by default.

• Informative x 1
  5. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

I figured it out. You need a premium account to access your own through the car. Otherwise, it's only the Tesla provided account. Thanks.

6. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

Interesting. Any way to confirm this in car? I switched to the higher bit rate in my online Slacker account settings but don't notice a difference in sound quality.

7. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

It is now by default if you have UHFS. No way to turn it to “low-bitrate

8. speedy

speedy Member

How do you change your Slacker account information to another account? There is no music app anymore in the App settings anymore.

9. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the media screen you will see a “sign out” button. If you have a premium paid $ account you can then sign in there with those credentials

10. speedy

speedy Member

Thanks for that @boonedocks. I guess it shows we only ever explore a fraction of the system or that we never RTFM... ;)

11. Polar993

Polar993 Member

With the Slacker Premium account is it possible to have any of the songs in your playlists be stored for “offline” playback? I use this all the time in my Spotify Premium subscription so I can listen to my music while flying on a plane for example.

Given the recent streaming problems with Slacker and TuneIn, and the constant buffering issues, it would be great to play your songs offline and not have to rely on the incredibly slow AT&T LTE service in our cars!

• Funny x 1
  12. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Getting ready for a big road trip. I have been contemplating getting Slacker Premium.
    I really have been enjoying the free service. Hardly ever listen to XM anymore.
    A few questions before I take the plunge...

Will I lose the favorite slacker stations and my favorites in the switchover? Or will the process be additive? Could I revert back to free and retain original favorites...?
    Any downside of going premium other than the $$?
    Also, there have been a lot of posts about Slacker Streaming issues with recent software updates. With hopes that each software update will resolve the issue with no fix as of yet through 2017.50. As far as I can tell, I have not had any issue on my 2017 AP2 MS 90D with free Slacker.
    I was wondering if the issue is restricted to Premium, AP version, Model S or X, Premium Sound System, specific Regions of US... or just random? Just want to avoid opening up a whole new can of worms.
    Any and all feedback will be appreciated.
    Thank You

13. kutkuzak

kutkuzak Patrick

You'll likely lose your favorites. They're two independent logins. One, provided free by Tesla, and another you're getting separately.

14. speedy

speedy Member

I upgraded to Premium for the playlists, and when I logged in with the new ID, my Favorites were still there...

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

So it is additive? and they coexist somehow.
    My wife loves the way the free account builds channels based on artist or songs.
    Does that change with Premium? Or do you have control over getting just the Artist or Album requested vs a channel built around the request?
    Also she should be getting her Model 3 for her in the next few months. I assume we can use/share the same premium account on both cars. Will our favorites get blended?

16. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

I did find this on Tesla/Slacker Premium on YouTube:

17. speedy

speedy Member

I only did it once and did not loose the favorites I had created on the car. The Premium account was created on a PC and I didn't have any favorites when I signed in so I don't know if it is additive.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to share the account. I think it allows multiple PC logins but only one device login. Once you login on a new device, the old one gets logged out...

• Informative x 1
  18. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Thanks for the info.
    No multiple Teslas o name account -That’s disappointing.
    I think I’ll hold off for now. Maybe Elon will launch his own streaming service as threatened. “Muskic”?

19. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Slusk
    Slelon
    Musker???
    Muskdora
    Panelon:rolleyes:

20. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

SpaceXM
    BoringRadio
    TeslaTunes