Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon is Useless?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have to disagree with you here. My car self-parked much better prior to joining beta program. Sure, maybe now the car will theoretically "see" spots without cars on either side, but in my experience the car does a horrible job recognizing spots, cars or not. It's no contest.

Not clear what you are talking about here-- the beta doesn't change parking behavior at all currently.

The old system (using ultrasonics only) couldn't see spots at all without a car on both sides, and only if you very slowly drove past the spot so the USS could see the space between the cars- and it worked very slowly and poorly and hadn't been improved in many years.

Then starting with the refresh S, but now on all (vision capable) cars (regardless of being in the beta or not) it uses vision, parks much faster, does not require other cars around, and can ID spots based on painted lines.

If yours doesn't do any of that you should open a service ticket- because "joining the beta program" shouldn't have changed anything about your experience with autopark.

Have to disagree with you here. My car self-parked much better prior to joining beta program. Sure, maybe now the car will theoretically "see" spots without cars on either side, but in my experience the car does a horrible job recognizing spots, cars or not. It's no contest.
Same here. Recognizing parking spots got much worse once I joined beta. It usually parks fine if it does find one.

Again, the new vision based autopark has nothing to do with and does not change with having FSDbeta.

It was first rolled out over a year ago to the refresh S, then later the other models. And everyone with a vision capable car gets it not just the beta folks.

There's bunches of previous threads about how much better it works than the old ultrasonic system, and how much more easily it recognizes spots now (both of which has definitely been my own experience with it-- I actually use it occasionally now and never used the old USS system except a couple times when I first got it to show people that had never seen anything auto park before). If yours does not work properly, open a service ticket.

But it's got nothing to do with the beta either way.

There ARE beta related parking features coming (reverse summon for example) but they aren't out yet.

Again, the new vision based autopark has nothing to do with and does not change with having FSDbeta.

It was first rolled out over a year ago to the refresh S, then later the other models. And everyone with a vision capable car gets it not just the beta folks.

There's bunches of previous threads about how much better it works than the old ultrasonic system, and how much more easily it recognizes spots now (both of which has definitely been my own experience with it-- I actually use it occasionally now and never used the old USS system except a couple times when I first got it to show people that had never seen anything auto park before). If yours does not work properly, open a service ticket.

But it's got nothing to do with the beta either way.

There ARE beta related parking features coming (reverse summon for example) but they aren't out yet.
Didn't intend to lump my comment in with FSDbeta. Oops. I meant to refer to software updates in general which have degraded self-parking. Either way, I prefer the older version.