Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was also fortunate to pick up one of these deals thanks to this great forum. I ordered a red P90DL with 5K miles in Texas with MSRP of 141K -33K discount. I am supposed to pay 750-1000 for transport from Texas to AZ. My monthly payments will be around 800/month. I was able to work with the new Tempe, AZ store. The employees although new, seem friendly. Now the agonizing wait begins!

Just in case anyone else has had the same question, I emailed with Aaron the other day about lease rates on lower-tiered Model S inventory cars. It seems the great deals are limited to P90Ds. He said 2-year leases on a base S60 starts at around $600/per month. So those of you snagging a P90D(L) for upper $600-$800 are really getting killer deals.

Can I ask how you found this one? I've been scouring EV-CPO and have found nothing available since early Sunday morning. Did you use an OA? If so, could I have the contact please?

Thank you!

As it has been posted, you have to contact someone, because these deals are not showing up on those websites.

Assuming you are in L.A. area, you should contact Jimmy. Otherwise, Aaron has been real responsive, and patient (with me and my emails...), but is located in AZ. I would prefer to work with someone local, but so far they are not as responsive, or do not understand what I am asking them... Good luck!

It's a lease. As long as the prior damage is noted on the paperwork so when you turn it in there's no "you damaged now you owe" then I'd take the discount and not give two craps about the damage (remember you're just borrowing the car for two years and Tesla's on the hook for the long term diminished value).

Good point. Also, they plan on fixing all of the damage before I take delivery. I just don't know how well they can repair hail damage.

But, I don't plan on buying it at the end (I don't think that will be a good deal), so I shouldn't be concerned about the diminished value. Also, by then we should know about AP 2.0, and how fast the Model 3 will be. I have a reservation for a Model 3...

Hey guys. Couple questions. Just trying to double check my lease numbers.

Does anyone know the residual for the 2 year lease? How does Tesla factor in the $7500 credit? Is it added onto the residual?

The residuals range from 63-65%, depending on the year. Yes, the $7500 is added to the residual, which reduces the overall depreciation that you are paying for.

Here is the way I read it:

If you look at your design sheet in your My Tesla account, you should have a design spec sheet, showing the breakdown of all options and discounts. Below the final line that reads "vehicle price after tax credit" (let's assume it's $100K. There is a blurb/small print that states that $100,000k is before the federal tax credit and that the price of this model S is $107,500.

Looking up my draft lease paperwork, $107,500 is the number used to calculate your lease payments.

Now, the wording throughout the spec sheet is really confusing:

- the first line item shows a base price for the car, with fine print stating that it's INCLUSIVE of the $7,500.
- At the bottom you get an amount labeled "vehicle price AFTER tax credit). Add it all up and you're back to $100,000. That 100k, according to the small print below that number, is BEFORE the federal tax credit and that the sale price of the car is $107,500.

INCLUSIVE vs BEFORE vs AFER...Confused yet? I am. Can someone clarify this?

(My initial numbers in My Tesla were wrong so I thought I would ask these knowledgeable group.)

I have a feeling I may have confused Mike K more than he was before...sorry.

Last edited:
The Residual is 63% of MSRP plus the $7500 on top of that.
Even with a 2015? My payments seem high relative to others, that's why I ask. Who wants to dissect this? The car is a 2015 P85D with a list price of $124,950 and a $27,800 discount for a sale price of $97,150. It shows $8032 as drive off but it's really $6532 + $1500 for transport. So effectively $6532. But I'm getting a monthly payment of 735 on the low end which seems high to me. So residual would be $124,950 * .63 + $7500 for a total of $84,969. That leaves a spread of $12181 to be covered by the lease which seems really low to me. That can't be because if it is than my payments are way off even if you add tax and fees.

I hate leases. Can someone take a look at the attached documents and my numbers above and just tell me if it's right or not? I would heart you.

Attachments

• ScreenClip-1.png
    ScreenClip-1.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 62
  • ScreenClip.png
    ScreenClip.png
    70 KB · Views: 49
  • Informative
Reactions: TaoJones
A fellow TMC member I've been talking to snagged one this morning and brought it to my attention.

Reached out to my OA and we ordered one for my pops this morning.

It's a new unregistered 2015 demo model and has 4100 miles and every option except ludicrous.
So this slightly used P90D basically costs the same as the new bare-bone 60D Model S? 7000 something deposits, 700 dollar per month, 2 year lease. Very similar numbers as yours.

Even with a 2015? My payments seem high relative to others, that's why I ask. Who wants to dissect this? The car is a 2015 P85D with a list price of $124,950 and a $27,800 discount for a sale price of $97,150. It shows $8032 as drive off but it's really $6532 + $1500 for transport. So effectively $6532. But I'm getting a monthly payment of 735 on the low end which seems high to me. So residual would be $124,950 * .63 + $7500 for a total of $84,969. That leaves a spread of $12181 to be covered by the lease which seems really low to me. That can't be because if it is than my payments are way off even if you add tax and fees.

I hate leases. Can someone take a look at the attached documents and my numbers above and just tell me if it's right or not? I would heart you.
P85 has a different residual. I was quoting p90's

The breakdown for your car is 60% residual plus $7500

I sent you a PM if you want to call me.

If you look at the second screenshot, the quote was done with a P90D selected as the model. This will have an affect on the calculations in the quote.

They make their money off the interest at 4.32% over two years. The numbers are correct and when I plug them into my own calculator I get very close to what your quoted.

The $5800 in the trade in column is the portion from your Down payment going towards cap reduction.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 45
Here is the way I read it:

If you look at your design sheet in your My Tesla account, you should have a design spec sheet, showing the breakdown of all options and discounts. Below the final line that reads "vehicle price after tax credit" (let's assume it's $100K. There is a blurb/small print that states that $100,000k is before the federal tax credit and that the price of this model S is $107,500.

Looking up my draft lease paperwork, $107,500 is the number used to calculate your lease payments.

Now, the wording throughout the spec sheet is really confusing:

- the first line item shows a base price for the car, with fine print stating that it's INCLUSIVE of the $7,500.
- At the bottom you get an amount labeled "vehicle price AFTER tax credit). Add it all up and you're back to $100,000. That 100k, according to the small print below that number, is BEFORE the federal tax credit and that the sale price of the car is $107,500.

INCLUSIVE vs BEFORE vs AFER...Confused yet? I am. Can someone clarify this?

(My initial numbers in My Tesla were wrong so I thought I would ask these knowledgeable group.)

I have a feeling I may have confused Mike K more than he was before...sorry.
Agreed. He's so far behind he thinks he's first LOL
Just kidding mike :)