Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The resale value on the P90DL is pretty shot at the moment. If the implement AP2.0 soon, I think the value on these will go down dramatically again. There's a reason Tesla is discounting the heck out of these cars. I feel for those that are paying full price. They've got a 30-40k depreciation instantly and another reason to lease and walk away in two years.

You are definitely onto something with that logic. There's a rumor that AP 2.0 hardware will be on the P100DLs coming off the line in the next few weeks...

For those that contacted me and have my OA's info, There are a couple P85D and P90D vehicles today that are possibly in the $800's on a decently discounted car.

Realistically, he doesn't expect any more huge inventory additions by Tesla of classic front end cars as Tesla is now adding more and more facelift inventory cars that are not necessarily loaners/demos and have minuscule discounts.

It may be your last chance to scoop something up before end of 3rd quarter which is what's really driving these discounts. The P90D I picked up a few weeks back is worth more than I paid for it, so I'm pretty happy on that deal.

I also heard they're producing cars and delivering cars faster than normal these last couple weeks to get cars into people's hands before EOQ. I'd be a little leery of production quality control aince they're pumping them out so fast.

• Helpful
Reactions: SD_Engnr
Picked up our P90D yesterday, truly an amazing car!

Attachments

• IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 82
You can see the battery part number (version) by looking under the car:
Decoding Your Tesla Battery Pack Version

Seems like these batteries are the higher amp ones:
1071394-00-A
1067361-00-C
1088792-00-A

These may not be:
1074980-00-E
1063792-00-A

I'd be curious what you find.

I've got a 1071394-00-A. It could tell it was a fast car...AND she is red and we all know red cars are (even) faster :)

Reactions: soooma
For those that contacted me and have my OA's info, There are a couple P85D and P90D vehicles today that are possibly in the $800's on a decently discounted car.

Realistically, he doesn't expect any more huge inventory additions by Tesla of classic front end cars as Tesla is now adding more and more facelift inventory cars that are not necessarily loaners/demos and have minuscule discounts.

It may be your last chance to scoop something up before end of 3rd quarter which is what's really driving these discounts. The P90D I picked up a few weeks back is worth more than I paid for it, so I'm pretty happy on that deal.

I also heard they're producing cars and delivering cars faster than normal these last couple weeks to get cars into people's hands before EOQ. I'd be a little leery of production quality control aince they're pumping them out so fast.

I would love a P90DL with payments in the 900's but looks like the last one I wanted got snapped up. Looking at ev-cpo inventory and tesla website but none now showing the heavily discounted vehicles which I think were all pre-facelift. If anyone else has avail cars, please let me know.

See what they are selling for on https://ev-cpo.com/ , eBay and on this site. Maybe do a private party sale?

On Tesla website, similar equip car and production# vehicle selling for about 60% orig value equiv to approx 12k difference. Mine has brand new tires so the money to cop car should be pretty nominal, rest would be profit. I know they are a business but this feels like I'm being gouged big time.

On Tesla website, similar equip car and production# vehicle selling for about 60% orig value equiv to approx 12k difference. Mine has brand new tires so the money to cop car should be pretty nominal, rest would be profit. I know they are a business but this feels like I'm being gouged big time.

Tesla's "trade in algorithm" is bs and you are being gouged. I'm being offered 57% value on my late 2014 P85 with autopilot ($61200) with a bs email breaking down their "refurbishment costs" that says they'll sell my car CPO for $70,200, when a similar 2014 P85 on the CPO site without pano roof (I have pano) or 21" wheels and 22k (I have 17k miles) miles is selling for $75000.

When I called them on this the trade in contact at tesla replied back that the car I was looking at has "parking sensors", and ignored all the other differences. What?? Umm. Yes I know. My car does too. It has autopilot.

Even a site like Vroom offered me $64. Figured Tesla would help a current Telsa owner get into another one but they keep clutching to their algorithm for dear life. Oh well.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
Tesla's "trade in algorithm" is bs and you are being gouged. I'm being offered 57% value on my late 2014 P85 with autopilot ($61200) with a bs email breaking down their "refurbishment costs" that says they'll sell my car CPO for $70,200, when a similar 2014 P85 on the CPO site without pano roof (I have pano) or 21" wheels and 22k (I have 17k miles) miles is selling for $75000.

When I called them on this the trade in contact at tesla replied back that the car I was looking at has "parking sensors", and ignored all the other differences. What?? Umm. Yes I know. My car does too. It has autopilot.

Even a site like Vroom offered me $64. Figured Tesla would help a current Telsa owner get into another one but they keep clutching to their algorithm for dear life. Oh well.
Wonder if someone could reverse their algorithm when buying a car to see how their trade in structure works when buying a car. Being best protected.

I'll race you to see who takes the longest to get theirs...3.5 weeks and no delivery date so far...

It's been in town for a week, but supposedly needed a couple of pieces replaced. (It did have 14k on it). I guess I am glad they are doing that.

Fortunately I'm not really in a hurry. If I had been but had to wait this long for an inventory car, I could see where that would remove a lot of the benefit of buying from inventory. I'm sure not getting the color I want.

Still, at the price I got - no complaints, really!

This is a pet peeve of mine, but stating the monthly cost of a lease without mentioning the money due up front/down payment along side is a bit misleading.

Like the lease deal mentioned in OP's thread, it was $700/month....after almost $8k money due at signing. Still likely a super good deal on a P90D, but not a $700/month lease, more like $1k/month.

I see this done on forums of all kinds. "I got a screaming lease for only $39/month! Oh, I did pay $5k down, but still, $39/month! Wahoo!!".

Anyways OP, enjoy the P90D. Might not have been a "Ludricrous" deal, but still "Insane". :)

This is a pet peeve of mine, but stating the monthly cost of a lease without mentioning the money due up front/down payment along side is a bit misleading.

Like the lease deal mentioned in OP's thread, it was $700/month....after almost $8k money due at signing. Still likely a super good deal on a P90D, but not a $700/month lease, more like $1k/month.

I see this done on forums of all kinds. "I got a screaming lease for only $39/month! Oh, I did pay $5k down, but still, $39/month! Wahoo!!".

Anyways OP, enjoy the P90D. Might not have been a "Ludricrous" deal, but still "Insane". :)

Mine was $769 / month with the minimum $5k down. $142.7k MSRP

Reactions: soooma

All of the leases reported in this thread at that "low price" have had the standard $6k in cap cost reduction and same MF. If people had reduced the cap cost reduction to $5k or less, typically mentioned it in their post when reporting "deals." Also the "$700/mo" rate allowed direct comparison to the lease quotes provided on Tesla's website. Typically you have a valid point, but in this case, since the parameters are all the same, you can still compare this $700/mo deal vs the typical $1300-1800/mo lease (with the same cap cost reduction). I don't think anyone would call that anything but a crazy deal on a car that traditionally is not discounted, or discounted very minimally.

Reactions: preilly44